Ali: Conor not worthy enough to fight Khabib

justadollop

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hard to disagree

"To be honest, Conor is going to have to go out there and fight somebody like Justin Gaethje, Tony Ferguson or Cowboy [Donald Cerrone]," Abdelaziz said. "He's not a worthy enough opponent right now. That's the feeling from all of us, as a team."
" data-reactid="26">"To be honest, Conor is going to have to go out there and fight somebody like Justin Gaethje, Tony Ferguson or Cowboy [Donald Cerrone]," Abdelaziz said. "He's not a worthy enough opponent right now. That's the feeling from all of us, as a team."

https://sports.yahoo.com/khabib-nurmagomedov-conor-mcgregor-rematch-ufc-052136663.html

That's kind of ridiculous. I'm not a Conor fan but the guy won 2 titles in different weight classes and is the official highest paid MMA athlete of all time.

Of course Khabib wants to fight Conor again for a huge easy payday. Everyone wants to fight Conor. fucking anderson silva was calling him out

giphy.gif

Can we just leave Conor the fuck alone so he can enjoy his money and cocaine?

Stop posting Conor threads, let him fade away into oblivion. He is not a fighter anymore.

That's kind of ridiculous. I'm not a Conor fan but the guy won 2 titles in different weight classes and is the official highest paid MMA athlete of all time.

Of course Khabib wants to fight Conor again for a huge easy payday. Everyone wants to fight Conor. fucking anderson silva was calling him out
Conor needs to win a tough fight or two but I don't think he believes he can.

He got slaughtered in the first fight. That does something to a man.

A terrorist branding someone as ”not worthy”

Is normal.

It's already been established it's not the pay day it could have been under their new espn ppv model. It's why Brock bailed on the DC fight. Realized he wasn't getting PPV points like he used to. Asked for a higher flat fee to accomodate for it and they declined so he walked. So at this point is it really worth Khabib's time if it isn't going to be the pay day it once could have been, especially where he's already smashed the guy? He knows it'll just be another circus build up which is just not his style and ends up pissing him off.

Well he's certainly not a top 10 LW, so that's that.

I agree. Conor had no answer for Khabibs stand up nor ground game and got mauled to shame. No rematch es until Conor proves he can beat top 5's again, gtfoh

Does Conrad deserve the shot? No absolutely not. Would Khabib take that payday? Yes, I think he would. #legacy

I mean he’s not wrong but why wouldn’t you take the Pay day

Does Conrad deserve the shot? No absolutely not. Would Khabib take that payday? Yes, I think he would. #legacy
Khabib is already incredibly wealthy at this point.

He will make Conor sweat and fight a killer before Khabib gives Conor another chance to get his ass kicked.

It's already been established it's not the pay day it could have been under their new espn ppv model. It's why Brock bailed on the DC fight. Realized he wasn't getting PPV points like he used to. Asked for a higher flat fee to accomodate for it and they declined so he walked. So at this point is it really worth Khabib's time if it isn't going to be the pay day it once could have been, especially where he's already smashed the guy? He knows it'll just be another circus build up which is just not his style and ends up pissing him off.

And you think there aren't backstage negotiations for guys like Khabib? If the UFC doesn't want to pay him, he won't fight. Khabib McGregor will draw huge PPV numbers. While I am aware of the new factoring system for PPV, having a huge buy rate on this event would allow the UFC latitude on some of their stinker cards.

Plus as I mentioned, its an easy payday for Khabib. He took zero damage the first fight.

And you think there aren't backstage negotiations for guys like Khabib? If the UFC doesn't want to pay him, he won't fight. Khabib McGregor will draw huge PPV numbers. While I am aware of the new factoring system for PPV, having a huge buy rate on this event would allow the UFC latitude on some of their stinker cards.

Plus as I mentioned, its an easy payday for Khabib. He took zero damage the first fight.
Khabib hatred for Conor trumps all of this. Especially after what he said about his wife.

He will make Conor earn a rematch against a killer and have a chuckle about it,

Conor lacks the belief in himself though to even fight a guy like Cerrone at this point.

It does something to fighter when they get beaten so easily like Khabib did the first time, and Conor's limited skillset that carried him to a 1-1 series with Diaz are pretty much gone at this point.

He's shot.

Khabib has to fight Dustin. That is what he is being told to do. His manager has to make it look like they actually "want" that.
As soon as Conor is ready to fight again he will name his opponent and the UFC will make it happen. If he names Khabib, then it will be Khabib.
That's how business works. UFC is a business, not a sport.

well, sportswise is definitively true, Conor doesn't deserve the rematch. On the other hand, he is the biggest name in MMA right now, no one is even close, so I'm sure Khabib's manager would take the fight for sure if offered to him, he's just trying to get a reaction from Conor.

Gotta love how kabob cuts off his nose to spite his face by denying the rematch.

Imagine the person you hate the most, your worst enemy. Would you pass on 10 million plus just to not give them what they want? Crazy.

McGregor doesn’t deserve it. That’s an incontrovertible fact. His ranking is pure bullshit. He lost his last fight embarrassingly while cheating his ass off to the same guy.

I really hope we never see it again. Not unless McGregor can prove he can beat a top guy, preferably two. Considering how long he sat on that belt while giving zero shits about the guys that deserved their shot.

Maybe but everybody knows they will sign a contract to fight Conor again immediately if they get offered it. The money is too good.

If he's not worthy why mention him Ali, this is just a shit dance on both sides when really the rematch benefits them both greatly financially. I do wish Conor would take another fight though and show whether he still has it.

Back