Ali Bagautinov's last fight wasn't great

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I actually was pretty hyped on his game after his debut but against lineker he looked pretty average and honestly afraid to bang. He struck me as the type to trade punches but he went with a diff game plan. I know he was trying to get the W but he looked really scared to trade for a guy named the Puncher King. His transitional TDs weren't even set up in that fight he just sort of fished for them while lineker even looked surprised that he didn't wanna tango on the feet.

Not a good showcase in short.

Was he injured or any report surfaced regarding why he performed that way? Or is that really who he is? If he shows up like that against Mighty Mouse, he might as well throw that already small window of opportunity... out the window I guess

This is dumb IMO... if he DID stand in the pocket and trade with Linekar, that would be outrageously stupid and show zero fight IQ.

This is dumb IMO... if he DID stand in the pocket and trade with Linekar, that would be outrageously stupid and show zero fight IQ.

I don't think you understand the substance of my post

Perhaps your right, I see you saying that he looked afraid to trade, so I'm responding to that by saying he would be correct in being afraid to sit in the pocket and trade when he could use his all-around game to secure a win. Sorry if I'm missing the point though. I just re-read though (albeit skimmed, ADD) and it looks like I really didn't miss anything.

He better bring that urgency against Demetrious.

He really likes to mix up his striking and wrestling. Whenever Lineker started to get comfortable, Ali would shoot in and make Lineker question his striking.

In short, Ali doesn't usually just stand, he mixes it all up.

I though he gave too much respect to Lineker on the feet, but he wasn't scared to trade, he just didn't want to, he had an easier path to victory, he shouldn't ditch that just so you don't bitch about it on sherdog.

Well he better not be afraid to stand with MM because he is not gonna take MM down, you can't catch him and even if he does MM will probably be on his feet very soon so Ali better throw some hands or he will lose a decision

Last edited:
I thought I covered my bases for people not to respond with

'He had a smart gameplan'

U guys do realize that I've already acknowledged that right?

Why on earth would he abandon an easy route to victory by just wrestling the dude just to bang and take an enormous risk of losing?

At the end of the day he got a title shot and took zero damage.

And all that being said, he still managed to outbox Lineker whenever he did decide to stand with him.

Stupid thread.

I think Ali has a better chance of catching MM on the ground with a sub then he does on the feet with a punch.

Yeah that performance made me believe he'll have nothing for Mighty Mouse. I actually think the champs current line at -425 is a steal as steep as it is. Lots of parlays ending in MM, Puncher King might be over +500 come fight time.

I thought I covered my bases for people not to respond with

'He had a smart gameplan'

U guys do realize that I've already acknowledged that right?

So smart game plans don't impress you ? what would you have rathered from him? I doubt he will fight the same way against MM– Ali mixes things up differently in each fight.

Back