Ali Bagautinov banned from International Sambo Federation after failed drug test

juddy96

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Last edited:
I guess this is the question Dana sluffed off answering at the scrum.

Don't think that will affect him unless he tries to fight wherever he took that test.

So did this recently happen or did this happen in 2012?

This drug was recently in the news in association with Toronto Blue Jays prospect Marcus Stroman. While the drug is common on banned substances lists, it's most often found in nasal sprays as a decongestant and short term stimulant. It's also something commonly found in supplements.

You should add this quote to the OP.

It looks like that ban was in 2012 so it was some time ago. Also pulled this from the article

While the drug is common on banned substances lists, it's most often found in nasal sprays as a decongestant and short term stimulant. It's also something commonly found in supplements.

I doubt this will have any effect on his upcoming fight with Johnson.

So i read the article and it doesn't seem to be a steroid? Also dana is saying that it's not a big deal so the fight is still on.

at first thought i was thinking "a 125 lbs dude busted for roids?"

i dont see how this will affect 174 if the incident occurred in 2012

A hockey player got caught in the olympics for using nasal spray with a banned substance. He's banned from international play but not the NHL, since it's for some reason legal there.

It almost seems like athletes can't even medicate themselves these days. What the hell is a nasal spray going to do?

I doubt it has any sort of impact on UFC 174.
Unless Ali blinds DJ with the nasal spray.

duxscream.gif

DJ still wins.

Back