Media Ali angling for Diaz title shot.

Always been like that though. That's why a guy like Couture got so many title shots.

The roster was also a lot thinner when Couture fought though. There was rarely a backlog of contenders. Guys would routinely fight for the title in their first fight in the UFC (Jeremy Horn, Patrick Cote, etc.) As a Diaz fan I do not support him fighting for the title... but... I'd still watch.

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo> what an absolute joke<45><45><45> and the Usman fanboys think he surpassed gsp
<Dany07>

Legacy is overrated. Way too subjective. I hope he gets the payday and I'm not even a big fan of dude.

get as much money as u can while you can still get it imo.

Family first. Who cares about these fickle "fans". Worrying about what other ppl think of you is a mind trap.

C.R.E.A.M.

Ever since Conor paved the way, with the Paul brothers recently reinforcing it, more and more fighters have been focusing on money over legacy. Dustin's example is far more dramatic than Usman's.

And I really don't blame them.

I'd rather watch Nate vs any champ in any division, than Usman vs some dude he already beat.

He never said which Nate...I'm assuming Quarry.

licensed-image

Nate Diaz has beaten one fighter in his entire career who's only ever fought at 170+. Rory Markham.

How can anybody want to see this lol

Dana confirmed at the UFC 261, UFC 262, and UFC 263 post fight press conference that Colby would be Kamarus next opponent; three separate times across three separate months.

Kamaru is understandably upset that the UFC have told him Colby is next and have made it public. He knows his knees don't have another five round high pace cardio intensive fight in them and that there is a very real chance he will lose, potentially get TKOd himself when his knees give out, unless he were able to end the fight in the first or second round like he did to Masvidal.

Colby is next, this is just part of Kamaru and Alis months long extremely embarrassing campaign to get Kamaru a different opponent. First it was Kamaru will fight Michael Chiesa in June, then when the public laughed at that Ali threw out Belal and Vincente Luque, only to be laughed at again.

Last week it was Leon Edwards, who Kamaru would absolutely not fight for the same reasons he does not want to fight Colby, yet Ali still threw it out there since for him the Covington feud is personal.

Now both Kamaru and Ali are doing their best to throw whats left of his championship legacy in the trash; by calling out a fighter who has won one fight in five years.

Is Pat Militech the next callout? Khamzat? Maybe just give up the belt if you arent healthy enough to fight the number one contender?

Last edited:
Leon should have been DQ'd 2 fights ago.

And Colby was just waiting for the title fight.

That is so awful. I kinda want it to happen.

Legacy is overrated. Way too subjective. I hope he gets the payday and I'm not even a big fan of dude.

get as much money as u can while you can still get it imo.

Family first. Who cares about these fickle "fans". Worrying about what other ppl think of you is a mind trap.

C.R.E.A.M.
Thats cause he will never be on GSP's level, so the Usman fan boys come up with this might as well get paid BS. Its as bad a Conor fans saying he lost but who cares, he rich

Imagine the salt coming from Colby, it'd be glorious. I'm all for it just to see how Colby reacts. All those shit talking and bridge burning, thinking it's going to raise his stocks while in reality he's getting skipped for the second time <Lmaoo>
Oh it would be amazing in that sense, to see Colby come out with the next level of trash talk.

Leon got 10-8'd by Diaz in the 5th round. So he's out.. Colby doesn't fight and his last win hasn't aged well considering Woodley has lost 4 in a row. So who is there? Only Wonderboy if he wins. That's it. ... Nate bless

<Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo> what an absolute joke<45><45><45> and the Usman fanboys think he surpassed gsp

He would destroy Gsp with little effort. ....At anytime in history. He's way past Gsp who couldn't finish a fight in the Ufc for ten years and was fighting cans.... you clown

Leon got 10-8'd by Diaz in the 5th round. So he's out.. Colby doesn't fight and his last win hasn't aged well considering Woodley has lost 4 in a row. So who is there? Only Wonderboy if he wins. That's it. ... Nate bless
Yeah Nate clearly won that fight, did the most damage coming closest to a KO. Plus Nate goes ahead of Leon just for being a gangster, that's by default

Can’t blame Usman for trying to get easy title defenses to try to catch up to gsp.

Back