Algeria vs Spence April 16th Barclays

cottagecheesefan

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Not finalized, but close to being made, winner will be mandatory for SpecialK.

As per a few instagram boxing things I follow.

Great step up for ESJ, and a step down for Algebra.

Ring is reporting the co-feature is Cunningham dropping down to take on the Huck killer.
We'll see how much fighting the big boys took out of Cunningham.

Decent SPIKE or ESPN level card lol.

Should do about 2 million viewers on NBC

Decent SPIKE or ESPN level card lol.

what's funny?

Good fight for Spence. I don't think The Caged Animal has that big of a name, despite having some high profile fights but it's a solid step for Errol.

what's funny?

Good fight for Spence. I don't think The Caged Animal has that big of a name, despite having some high profile fights but it's a solid step for Errol.
Because it's not on Spike or ESPN. It's on NBC.

This would've been a perfect Co main event for Thurman Porter since everyone will tune in

Rumor is that Haymon has booked a bunch of timeslots this year but can't afford to pay the top guys to be on them. He asked for more money for this reason and was denied

Because it's not on Spike or ESPN. It's on NBC.

This would've been a perfect Co main event for Thurman Porter since everyone will tune in

Gotcha. Yeah, this would've been good on that card.

I like this fight a lot. Good step up for Spence, and a good opportunity for Algieri to knock off an up and comer with a lot of hype.

algieri game. errol spence jr is going to stop him though
I doubt he stops Algieri though I think he'll win a clear decision. Algieri has gone the distance with Khan, Provodnikov and Pac. None of them stopped him. Algieri knows how to survive.

this is a great fight. Props to Algieri for continually taking hard fights. I bet a lot of guys don't want to fight Spence.

I doubt he stops Algieri though I think he'll win a clear decision. Algieri has gone the distance with Khan, Provodnikov and Pac. None of them stopped him. Algieri knows how to survive.
algieri definitely knows how to survive, a game fighter. i just think this is going to be spence's "take notice of me" fight and i gotta feeling he will do what the others can't. he'll stop him or definitely your choice of a clear decision.

It will be interesting to see how Spence looks against an active fighter who lives to move a lot. There haven't really been any comparable stylistic challenges in the Spence's career that I can think of, let alone a fighter who was of a comparable quality to Algieri. We'll learn a lot about what kind of talent he is if this gets made.

It will be interesting to see how Algieri fights Spence. Algieri has been an action fighter lately, but he boxed and moved more against Provo and Pac. Spence is a big kid, with a decent punch. I wonder what approach he will take in this one.

It will be interesting to see how Algieri fights Spence. Algieri has been an action fighter lately, but he boxed and moved more against Provo and Pac. Spence is a big kid, with a decent punch. I wonder what approach he will take in this one.

I missed his fight against Bone. I think he had no choice but to fight more aggressively against Khan, so I'm not sure if that's a trend so much as it was a one fight necessity but maybe that's what John David Jackson thinks is best for him. Fighting Spence head on would appear to be a mistake as Spence is good in the pocket and on the inside and is clearly a better puncher than Algieri.

I missed his fight against Bone. I think he had no choice but to fight more aggressively against Khan, so I'm not sure if that's a trend so much as it was a one fight necessity but maybe that's what John David Jackson thinks is best for him. Fighting Spence head on would appear to be a mistake as Spence is good in the pocket and on the inside and is clearly a better puncher than Algieri.
From what I remember, the Bone fight was action packed, making it a bit of a trend. I agree though, that does not seem like the logical approach against Spence.

I assume Spence's bodywork is gonna be especially important in this one. If we expect Algieri to come in and box then Spence is gonna want to put in a lot of work downstairs with the nasty bodyshots we've become accustomed to seeing from Errol against other fighters, albeit lesser comp. If he invests in the body early and often then Algieri's gonna slow down and have to stand in the pocket with him, that is not a place he wants to spend much to time against a guy who thrives there like Spence.

Man, Algieri either gets easy fights or he's brought in to be "an opponent". I like both fighters, but Spence is being built up right now, while Algieri is a light hitter that is also a noticeable name due to his bouts with Provo, Pac, and Khan.

I like this fight..will be a good test for Spence..

Back