Alexis Davis Vs Ronda Rousey

Deja vu all over again :mad::mad::mad::mad::
I think I'll tweet her that she has to be careful of RR knees as well :icon_chee

Lol Tate's plan was garbagge ? WTF are you talking about ? Didn't you hear the infamous " She's already breaking , Miesha " after R1 ?

Amanda Nunes is a beast , and I think she be the division's dark horse. Freakish power. WAR Lioness

HAHA Luckily for Alexis, I don't think Ronda will try to beat Alexis with liver shots; that game plan was only for Sara because she has a bent posture when she fights because she's a wrestler. I'm guessing Ronda's game plan for Alexis is to immediately go for the take down and arm bar her.

LMAO Thanks for reminding me. That was the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Miesha was getting thrown around like a ragdoll and Ronda was the one breaking? :icon_chee

I love Amanda! I think she could beat Ronda. Ronda likes to defend against strikes by using her face and Amanda has KO'd someone in 14 seconds, so Ronda's finished if she does that against Amanda.

Also, I've got bad news about Sara Vs Sarah Kaufman. I heard Sarah on MMA Hour and she said that Sara should go back to the end of the line because she lost to Ronda and she wants to fight Cat or Miesha.

Last edited:
Alexis sounds pretty confident that she will stop Ronda's arm bar, so we will have to see about that.

Tate went so far as to say she would shoot herself in the face if Ronda got her in another arm bar.

Tate went so far as to say she would shoot herself in the face if Ronda got her in another arm bar.

OMG I remember her saying that! She did manage to defend against one arm bar though. Alexis has the skills to defend against the arm bar and she said she has been training with black belt world champions, so I don't think Ronda can submit her.

Alexis has TKO'd Amanda Nunes, which is very impressive! Amanda is a beast and she KO'd Julia Budd in less than 15 seconds, so I was shocked when Alexis TKO'd her. Alexis has never been submitted before and she slows her opponents down with her legs kicks, so I'd say she does have the offensive and defensive skills to challenge Ronda, in my opinion.

Alexis used to have trouble with her stamina before, but after her second fight with Shayna Baszler, she doesn't seem to be fatigued in her fight. Ronda's stamina is questionable because she has only been taken past the first round once and Miesha had the worst game plan I've ever seen, which made it even easier for Ronda to beat her. Alexis sounds pretty confident that she will stop Ronda's arm bar, so we will have to see about that.

honestly, nunes just looked pathetic on the ground against her fight with davis. obviously, nunes needs to work on her ground game. i just don't think there is any strong correlation that you can make with davis' fights against nunes or budd that indicates davis will be a serious threat to rousey.

rousey defeated budd via submission by armbar in 39 seconds in the first round. if nunes had such a difficult time with davis on the mat, i don't believe the outcome would be any different if it were rousey vs nunes.

we can revisit this thread after rousey vs davis fights and we'll see who's prediction was correct.

OMG I remember her saying that! She did manage to defend against one arm bar though. Alexis has the skills to defend against the arm bar and she said she has been training with black belt world champions, so I don't think Ronda can submit her.

I hope it's a good fight. Of course, I'm a big Ronda fan so I'll be wanting her to win but it would be nice to see her tested and find a way to win.

I have nothing against Davis, by the way. I just don't think she has the skills to match up with Ronda. I thought Eye beat Davis in what was a very boring fight. After watching Eye and Davis I came to the quick conclusion neither has what it takes.

Something crazy might happen though. Any fighter can be beat.

honestly, nunes just looked pathetic on the ground against her fight with davis. obviously, nunes needs to work on her ground game. i just don't think there is any strong correlation that you can make with davis' fights against nunes or budd that indicates davis will be a serious threat to rousey.

rousey defeated budd via submission by armbar in 39 seconds in the first round. if nunes had such a difficult time with davis on the mat, i don't believe the outcome would be any different if it were rousey vs nunes.

we can revisit this thread after rousey vs davis fights and we'll see who's prediction was correct.
I mentioned Budd because Amanda KO'd her in less than 15 seconds and Alexis managed to TKO Amanda. It shows that Alexis can win a fight by using her other skills rather than submissions, whereas Ronda mostly goes for submissions.

Yes, we will definitely revisit the thread after the fight!

I hope it's a good fight. Of course, I'm a big Ronda fan so I'll be wanting her to win but it would be nice to see her tested and find a way to win.

I have nothing against Davis, by the way. I just don't think she has the skills to match up with Ronda. I thought Eye beat Davis in what was a very boring fight. After watching Eye and Davis I came to the quick conclusion neither has what it takes.

Something crazy might happen though. Any fighter can be beat.
I'm a fan both Alexis and Ronda and I hope they have a good fight. The only people that I think could beat Ronda are Alexis, Sara McMann and Cyborg.

I respect your opinion, but I think Alexis has proven that she has the skills to contend with Ronda. I thought Alexis was dominating Eye with her leg kicks and on the ground and she did better against her than Sarah Kaufman did.

Last edited:
Nothing in those gifs suggest that Davis will give Ronda a tougher fight than McMann did (early stoppage or not)

HAHA Luckily for Alexis, I don't think Ronda will try to beat Alexis with liver shots; that game plan was only for Sara because she has a bent posture when she fights because she's a wrestler. I'm guessing Ronda's game plan for Ronda is to immediately go for the take down and arm bar her.

LMAO Thanks for reminding me. That was the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Miesha was getting thrown around like a ragdoll and Ronda was the one breaking? :icon_chee

I love Amanda! I think she could beat Ronda. Ronda likes to defend against strikes by using her face and Amanda has KO'd someone in 14 seconds, so Ronda's finished if she does that against Amanda.

Also, I've got bad news about Sara Vs Sarah Kaufman. I heard Sarah on MMA Hour and she said that Sara should go back to the end of the line because she lost to Ronda and she wants to fight Cat or Miesha.

You've written " I'm guessing Ronda's game plan for Ronda is to immediately go for the take down and arm bar her. " haha , it's k I got what you said :p

What ? Dumbest thing you've ever heard ? Captain Caraway said so , it must be true :icon_twis . I was literally yelling at my TV when I heard that bs and whenever Tate was trying to get a takedown and ended up flying :icon_twis .

And in which MMA Hour did that fake Sara with an "h" said that ? Don't be scared homie. Fucking twitter drama makes or breaks fights. - Nvm , I've got amazing Google skills . Listening to it right now -

I wanna see that fake Sara get Sheila Gaff-ed by the real Sara:icon_twis:icon_twis

Of course, I'm a big Ronda fan

And one of the few Ronda fans here on SD that said that the punches after the knee to McMann's liver were weak.

I remember that dmtpanic was very passionate about this subject lol

I'm a fan both Alexis and Ronda and I hope they have a good fight. The only people that I think could beat Ronda are Alexis, Sara McMann and Cyborg.

I respect your opinion, but I think Alexis has proven that she has the skills to contend with Ronda. I thought Alexis was dominating Eye with her leg kicks and on the ground and she did better against her than Sarah Kaufman did.

Davis was losing badly standing up. She had to resort to taking Eye down but did little once it was on the ground. It was a disappointing fight for me. I had it 2 rounds for Eye...1 round for Davis. I thought too much emphasis was put on the take downs which Davis did nothing to capitalize on. Just your basic lay and pray for points.

I certainly did not see Eye being 'dominated' by Davis standing.

I will say, Davis would probably try to outbox Jorina Baars, Holly Holm, Cyborg, or Mayweather if they fought.

I certainly did not see Eye being 'dominated' by Davis standing.

I will say, Davis would probably try to outbox Jorina Baars, Holly Holm, Cyborg, or Mayweather if they fought.

Jorina Baars : Cyborg killer , and hero of all Rousey's fans.

What about Cain though ?

You've written " I'm guessing Ronda's game plan for Ronda is to immediately go for the take down and arm bar her. " haha , it's k I got what you said :p

What ? Dumbest thing you've ever heard ? Captain Caraway said so , it must be true :icon_twis . I was literally yelling at my TV when I heard that bs and whenever Tate was trying to get a takedown and ended up flying :icon_twis .

And in which MMA Hour did that fake Sara with an "h" said that ? Don't be scared homie. Fucking twitter drama makes or breaks fights.

I wanna see that fake Sara get Sheila Gaff-ed by the real Sara:icon_twis:icon_twis

OMG Thanks for telling me. Let me go and edit that LMAO :D

HAHA Captain Caraway got carried away. LOL I was actually really impressed by Ronda's judo throws, so I wasn't really thinking about Miesha's game plan when I watched the fight.

Here's the link where the fake Sara with the h is denying us what we want to see. - http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/19/5727510/the-mma-hour-with-urijah-faber-alex-caceres-luke-barnatt-sarah - She talks about Sara at 01:03:20 into the video.

Sarah did say that Sara dropped out of their fight last year, so I may forgive her. LOL but Miesha doesn't want to fight her and the UFC are probably saving Cat to fight Ronda, so Sarah's got no option but to fight Sara.

Jorina Baars : Cyborg killer , and hero of all Rousey's fans.

What about Cain though ?

Davis would box with him too like she would Mayweather, but a better hypothetical would be JDS.

Anyone whose primary style is considered 'striking', Davis will bring the standup battle to.

Davis was losing badly standing up. She had to resort to taking Eye down but did little once it was on the ground. It was a disappointing fight for me. I had it 2 rounds for Eye...1 round for Davis. I thought too much emphasis was put on the take downs which Davis did nothing to capitalize on. Just your basic lay and pray for points.

I only watched the fight once, so I'll have to watch it again, but I do remember Eye being hurt by Alexis' leg kicks and that they really slowed her down.

i would like alexis to win, another canadian champ. but ronda is #1 for a reason.

OMG Thanks for telling me. Let me go and edit that LMAO :D

HAHA Captain Caraway got carried away. LOL I was actually really impressed by Ronda's judo throws, so I wasn't really thinking about Miesha's game plan when I watched the fight.

Here's the link where the fake Sara with the h is denying us what we want to see. - http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/5/19/5727510/the-mma-hour-with-urijah-faber-alex-caceres-luke-barnatt-sarah - She talks about Sara at 01:03:20 into the video.

Sarah did say that Sara dropped out of their fight last year, so I may forgive her. LOL but Miesha doesn't want to fight her and the UFC are probably saving Cat to fight Ronda, so Sarah's got no option but to fight Sara.

WHAT THE FUCK

So wait , she is open to fight Tate who's 1-2 in the UFC and not my dear Sara who's 1-1 ?

So a win over no4 who's coming off a loss from the Champion is worth less than a win over no2 who's coming off a win against no7 just because you've fought her before ?

FUCKING TWITTER DRAMA . ZZZ

Heh , I was gonna edit my post and ask you about when she was talking about her . Thanks anyways

About the highlighted part :
During a media lunch , Ronda said nice things about Sara and I remember posting " I don't like Ronda , but she's been respectful and nice to Sara and that was nice from her , so that's a start , right ? - a start of starting to like her a bit - " ( something between the lines of that anyway :p ) haha

I'm out , it's 5:30am here . There's no more coffee in my cup , and I'm literally a zombie.

Good night or Good morning to you :p

WHAT THE FUCK

So wait , she is open to fight Tate who's 1-2 in the UFC and not my dear Sara who's 1-1 ?

So a win over no4 who's coming off a loss from the Champion is worth less than a win over no2 who's coming off a win against no7 just because you've fought her before ?

FUCKING TWITTER DRAMA . ZZZ

Heh , I was gonna edit my post and ask you about when she was talking about her . Thanks anyways

About the highlighted part :
During a media lunch , Ronda said nice things about Sara and I remember posting " I don't like Ronda , but she's been respectful and nice to Sara and that was nice from her , so that's a start , right ? - a start of starting to like her a bit - " ( something between the lines of that anyway :p ) haha

I'm out , it's 5:30am here . There's no more coffee in my cup , and I'm literally a zombie.

Good night or Good morning to you :p

That was totally my reaction! Miesha tapped out to Ronda and Sara only lost because of an early stoppage, so Kaufman's logic doesn't make any sense.

You're welcome. :)

Sorry, I'm a bit confused about when your talking about Ronda at the media lunch. I was talking about Kaufman and Sara in the highlighted bit, not Ronda, but I do remember Ronda being nice to Sara and respecting her skills. I also remember her saying "What can I say about her, she's practically Saint McMann". :D

Good night. :)

Back