Alexis Davis to have a baby, return in 2016

What if a female champ was to go on maternity leave? Surely they'd make an interim title.

Congrats, gotta say watching her pull off that armbar over Sarah Kaufman was badass.

And amazingly, she'll still miss less ring time than Cain...

Congrats to her!

Lofty ambition however. Having a child next year, training and back to fighting shape by end of year? Am I alone in thinking that's a bad choice? I would say first quarter of 2017 if anything.

Good luck to her regardless. If she can pull all that off then she's a super woman.

Congrats to her!

Lofty ambition however. Having a child next year, training and back to fighting shape by end of year? Am I alone in thinking that's a bad choice? I would say first quarter of 2017 if anything.

Good luck to her regardless. If she can pull all that off then she's a super woman.

My first kid it took me almost a year to get myself back together. It was a tough pregnancy and a tough delivery. My second kid I was down to pre-pregnancy weight and in decent shape in a matter of a few months. I can imagine a pro athlete could do that better than I did, given my regime of slightly fewer Funnyuns and some light jogging.

So basically, it depends on how everything goes. But I tend to agree with you, early 2017 seems more realistic. For example, suppose she needs a Caesarian. That is a rough surgery.

Who's her husband?

I'm guessing it's this guy.

flavio-Meier-Alexis-Davis-husband-photo.jpg

What if a female champ was to go on maternity leave? Surely they'd make an interim title.

I'm surprised her contract allows maternity leave or even getting preggers. That's a good year and a half out of the cage. Champion chicks definitely have a clause against it.

My first kid it took me almost a year to get myself back together. It was a tough pregnancy and a tough delivery. My second kid I was down to pre-pregnancy weight and in decent shape in a matter of a few months. I can imagine a pro athlete could do that better than I did, given my regime of slightly fewer Funnyuns and some light jogging.

So basically, it depends on how everything goes. But I tend to agree with you, early 2017 seems more realistic. For example, suppose she needs a Caesarian. That is a rough surgery.

Exactly. Add to that the caring for a child and it would make putting in enough training time tough. I can't imagine two or three workouts a day fits into a new mothers schedule very well.

Based on that ultrasound photo I would say the kiddo is 3-4 months so baby would be due Jan/Feb of 2015. Just sounds too soon to get back in the Octagon.

Congrats to Alexis.

I can't imagine how much having a child must change one's life.

Back