Alexey Oleynik steps in to face Alistair Overeem in UFC St. Petersburg main event

JM Barrie

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Alexey-UFC-Weigh-in.jpg

https://www.rt.com/sport/455457-aleksei-oleinik-ufc-st-petersburg/

Happy for him............................. even though he is Russian. :) :) :) :) :) :)

I don't know why he even took the fight Vs Walt Harris. He deserved so so much more than that. Glad he gets a main event in his home country Vs Overeem.

Happy for him getting a big fight.

Good match up actually.

Overeem's chis just breathed a sigh of relief

I see Overeem getting the KO/TKO. Alexey needs to go to LHW or MW

Overeem batters Oleynik on the feet taking years off his life with vicious strikes and then proceeds to get knocked the fuck out.....by a jab.

Overeem rocks him early then goes for his signature guillotine choke that hasn't worked in 10 years, then gets viciously KO'd by soft hammer fists.

war Alexey.
I hope he manage to win by some weird ass choke, that goes on to be discussed on Sherdog for weeks.

Overeem opens up with leg kicks and great distance management, corners and pushes Alexey into the fence landing a couple brutal knees and then gets rocked in the clinch with a short uppercut and dropped and Alexey finishes with no gi cross collar choke from mount

war Alexey.
I hope he manage to win by some weird ass choke, that goes on to be discussed on Sherdog for weeks.

Yup, this. Glad he got a bigger name fight.

I love sleeping Overeem. He’s getting choked while on top like the rest.

WAR BOA
about time sexy alexey got a proper name

Low key best submissions in the game.

Hard for me to root against Overeem, despite really liking Oleynik.

Overeem knows how to fight smart and will probably stay on the outside and pick his shots. Oleynik has to dive in to get the clinch or the takedown. On paper it seems like a good matchup for Overeem since Oleynik isn't really known for his punching power or accuracy of his punches.
Still, the Boa has a surprising range for his size and could catch an Overeem that thinks he's at safe distance. And we all know that Overeem can shut down pretty quickly.

I totally want to watch it

Hard for me to root against Overeem, despite really liking Oleynik.

Overeem knows how to fight smart and will probably stay on the outside and pick his shots. Oleynik has to dive in to get the clinch or the takedown. On paper it seems like a good matchup for Overeem since Oleynik isn't really known for his punching power or accuracy of his punches.
Still, the Boa has a surprising range for his size and could catch an Overeem that thinks he's at safe distance. And we all know that Overeem can shut down pretty quickly.

I totally want to watch it

This. Overeem learned how to avoid too much in the pocket action with movement and great angles. Oleynik was getting beaten v Hunt and took advantage of Hunt falling asleep, it was a great win, but I don't think he does that to the version of Hunt that existed before the Brock fight and the resulting beef with the UFC. In Overeem's fight against JDS, he picked his shorts perfectly. He was patient and precise. If he turns up like that he'll win.

this is actually really interesting.

hunto hit oleynik and couldnt put him away. i believe hunto to be stronger than reem in striking for sure. but reem got that glass jaw and anything can happen in this.

should be a great fight.

Back