News Alexey Oleinik vs Chris Daukaus Set for Feb 21

Yeah, that was the fight to make. Some are acting like Daukaus is a prospect, he isn't - I'm not saying he's shit, but he's in his early 30s and a few fights ago he lost to Azunna Anyanwu.
To be fair, it's HW, and he just beat an undefeated guy who sent a supposed prospect in Mayes packing. HWs is just where prospects come from the weirdest places, and talented guys on paper are constantly getting blown up by "cans", remember Juan Adams?

To be fair, it's HW, and he just beat an undefeated guy who sent a supposed prospect in Mayes packing. HWs is just where prospects come from the weirdest places, and talented guys on paper are constantly getting blown up by "cans", remember Juan Adams?

I remember thinking Adams was gonna be good and he was fucking RUBBISH.

Daukus is a young and hungry Heavy

good fight, picking Daukus. New wave of Heavyweight

I'll be rooting for the 43 year old man, who had his pro-debut in 1996, because both those facts make him awesome on principle.

What a weird fight for Oleynik to take. It's one thing to take a fight against an unranked opponent (maybe against someone on a nice winning streak or a prospect with some hype) but Daukaus doesn't fall into either of those categories.

What a weird fight for Oleynik to take. It's one thing to take a fight against an unranked opponent (maybe against someone on a nice winning streak or a prospect with some hype) but Daukaus doesn't fall into either of those categories.

Eh I see the wisdom behind the matchup. Given Alexeys age and how his last fight went he needs to prove he can hang. Daukaus is a mild prospect and if he can beat him he can go back to lower top 10 or 15

I see Daukaus knocking him out before Olenik gets him down.

I remember thinking Adams was gonna be good and he was fucking RUBBISH.
Happened to me with Bevon, I even scouted the guy when he had like 2 fights. Some of those guys who seem to have all this upside and athletic ability just fizzle out it seems.

Anyways, I think Daukaus probably loses since he's got a sub loss to Shawn Teed, but here's hoping that his speed since shedding the weight turns him into a worthwhile guy. HW needs new faces.

Happened to me with Bevon, I even scouted the guy when he had like 2 fights. Some of those guys who seem to have all this upside and athletic ability just fizzle out it seems.

Anyways, I think Daukaus probably loses since he's got a sub loss to Shawn Teed, but here's hoping that his speed since shedding the weight turns him into a worthwhile guy. HW needs new faces.

Yeah, Teed is poor. Daukaus is over-rated on here, just because he's slim and fast for a HW. He'll come unstuck soon.

It is weird yeah, I remember some guy called Marco Smallman was being touted as a future UFC contender when he was 6-0 with some good regional wins, I remembered him recently and went to look and he's now 6-3.

Yeah, Teed is poor. Daukaus is over-rated on here, just because he's slim and fast for a HW. He'll come unstuck soon.

It is weird yeah, I remember some guy called Marco Smallman was being touted as a future UFC contender when he was 6-0 with some good regional wins, I remembered him recently and went to look and he's now 6-3.
Yeah, Marco was mentioned to me back when he was going up against John White, who was somewhat touted too. Another guy is Chibwikem Onyegecha, who hasn't fought since he arguably lost on the contender series.

Shit, I think a good example of how volatile prospects are in the regional circuit is Jose Mariscal. Long amateur stint, undefeated going into his fight with Gillespie and by all accounts a blue-chip prospect. Journeyman level at most now.

I see Daukaus knocking him out before Olenik gets him down.

Yeah he’s got some pretty fast hands I think he’s going to sleep Olinik early in the first.

i love the boa constrictor though

Unfortunately Aleksei hasn't been able to win the fights that get him near the top. Taking his age into account, the man probably isn't eyeing a title run. And he does have a family to provide for. Any fight is a payday. And they usually get paid the same to fight the scrubs as they do for the beasts. The guy can't keep fighting forever, but needs to get paid while he can.

My money will be on Aleksei.

Wow, lot of people underestimating Daukus.

He looks disgusting, but has performed quite well in his first two fights.

Alexei is a likable guy, but let's be real.
Dude has never had a single top win, he is ancient and has tons of milleage.

Worried for Boa in this one.

I wouldn't be at all upset if Oleynik were to retire now. He can still beat many lower-ranked opponents, sure. But he isn't athletic, nor particularly fast for a heavyweight.

If you can circle (kind of) and are able to move your feet/hit hard, then Oleynik is finished. His takedown game is average (as are the majority of MMA heavyweights), but relies solely on clinching up.

Kinda random. I figured Oleinik vs Arlovski would have been the fight to make. Maybe AA fights Pavlovich, Ivanov or Romanov now...

Back