News Alexandre Pantoja vs. Manel Kape added to Dec 19 FN event

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...e-pantoja-vs-manel-kape-for-december-19-event

SIR

UFC books Alexandre Pantoja vs. Manel Kape for December 19 event

Manel Kape will finally make his UFC debut when he takes on one of the flyweight division’s top contenders.

Kape (15-4 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will face Alexandre Pantoja (22-5 MMA, 6-3 UFC) on Dec. 19 in the promotion's final event of the year at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.

Two people with knowledge of the situation informed MMA Junkie of the booking but asked to remain anonymous since the UFC has yet to make an official announcement.

Kape, a former Rizin FF bantamweight champion, was scheduled to make his UFC debut against Rogerio Bontorin on Aug. 15, but his fight was scrapped after Bontorin was forced out because of an ankle injury. Kape has won his past three fights, all by finish.

After a three-fight winning streak, Pantoja has seen his momentum take a halt, losing two of his past three. He is coming off a unanimous decision loss to Askar Askarov at UFC on ESPN+ 30 in July.

Prochazka was a legit Rizin champ.
Musyaev is a legit Rizin champ.

Kape got dominated by Horiguchi and lost comfortably to Sasaki. His only good win in Rizin is over Asakura, and maybe an over the hill Mccall. While he's a great addition to the UFC, he's not coming in with a ton of momentum.

Kape got dominated by Horiguchi and lost comfortably to Sasaki. His only good win in Rizin is over Asakura, and maybe an over the hill Mccall. While he's a great addition to the UFC, he's not coming in with a ton of momentum.
But he's a banger tho

PiercingPastBackswimmer-size_restricted.gif

ImpressiveFatalIceblueredtopzebra-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_oxw9elL28C1qd4esao4_500.gifv
DizzyImmaculateBoar-size_restricted.gif

Looks fun

His last couple of fights he looked like he'd improved massively. Seems to have found the right environment for him.

I love this fight should be great but I have Pantoja in this one

Great match up!
Big time test for Kape...

I think i'm picking Pantoja here...

Good match-up. Unfortunately Pantoja is starting to go the way of Jussier - experienced, well-rounded, but can’t put it all together to become a bona-fide contender.

this fight will contain hitting and being hit

Back