News Alexandr Shabliy will take on UFC veteran Myles Jury on December 3rd at Bellator 272

Nice! Perfect fight. Shabliy will get a win over former UFC guy who will be a solid test and Jury will be on his way out after this one. Solid matchmaking from Bellator for once.

Myles' last fight was the last one on his last 4 fight deal so this must mean they've given him a new deal.

tenor.gif

Respect to anyone for signing on the dotted line to fight Shabliy. RIP Jury.

Myles' last fight was the last one on his last 4 fight deal so this must mean they've given him a new deal.

tenor.gif

Because you think they paid him way more than he's worth or you dont like him and think he shouldnt be on the roster?

Because you think they paid him way more than he's worth or you dont like him and think he shouldnt be on the roster?

His last contract was something like $200k per fight or something. If they're renegotiated something lower then it makes more sense. He's a weird one to pursue though, he rarely has good fights, he's past his prime, but he's also hard to look particularly good against so it doesn't really build hype for people even when they beat him. He doesn't really have much in the way of name value either.

Sad he didn't get put on the Moscow card, happy he got a fight against a recognizable, ranked opponent.

This isnt the match I would have made, I think Shabliy vs Goiti is the best match up possible, but this isnt necessarily bad, either.

This was the match up I wanted when Shabliy first signed, I think stylistically is a bad, bad match up for Jury. It should be a great opportunity for Shabliy to get a highlight KO.

Can anyone translate that message?
At last I want to share the long-awaited news with you My next fight I will fight against an experienced opponent on December 3 at @bellatormma tournament

Fortunately or unfortunately our fight with @eldar_khan will not take place, because I have obligations to the organization and I have to fulfill them. In any case there is a positive side to everything, we organized one of the most exciting tournaments of the year, 15 unpredictable fights which you will see on November 6th @profc_mma @bravemmaf

This isnt the match I would have made, I think Shabliy vs Goiti is the best match up possible, but this isnt necessarily bad, either.

This was the match up I wanted when Shabliy first signed, I think stylistically is a bad, bad match up for Jury. It should be a great opportunity for Shabliy to get a highlight KO.
I don't know that it's a stylistically bad fight so much as Shabliy should be better everywhere.

But I am happy about the fight.

I don't know that it's a stylistically bad fight so much as Shabliy should be better everywhere.

But I am happy about the fight.
I mean, Jury cant stand for too long with Shabliy without getting KTFO, so he will probably look to take him to the ground, but he doesnt have the tools to take him down or keep him down. Jury might try that wall n stall boring shit he did against Georgi, but IDK if he can be successful againat Shabliy. So, this is a bad match up for Jury, he will be forced to stand with Shabliy and will probably get KTFO .

At last I want to share the long-awaited news with you My next fight I will fight against an experienced opponent on December 3 at @bellatormma tournament

Fortunately or unfortunately our fight with @eldar_khan will not take place, because I have obligations to the organization and I have to fulfill them. In any case there is a positive side to everything, we organized one of the most exciting tournaments of the year, 15 unpredictable fights which you will see on November 6th @profc_mma @bravemmaf
Thanks!

lets hope Jury not going to pull out and just takes his loss like a man.

His last contract was something like $200k per fight or something. If they're renegotiated something lower then it makes more sense. He's a weird one to pursue though, he rarely has good fights, he's past his prime, but he's also hard to look particularly good against so it doesn't really build hype for people even when they beat him. He doesn't really have much in the way of name value either.
It only make sense if he is making less than half of that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back