Alexander Volkanovski vs Zabit does that not make sense?

hunt12

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I know a lot will say not to kill two contenders however I would love to see this fight and how it would turn out. The volk just beat elkins on a tear and could see why he would want a "higher ranked fight" but I think we can all see Zabits potential and he would have a lot of hype coming into the fight. The winner gets the number 1 contender fight.

Zabit vs Lamas
Volkanovski vs Stephens or Emmett

Volkanovski would be tough to take down and Zabit wouldn't have much of an advantage on the feet.

I honestly think Volkanovski sleeps Mendes and beats Zabit by decision

Zabit vs Lamas
Volkanovski vs Stephens or Emmett

Lamas is on a 2 fights losing streak, that wouldn't make sense.

Zabit/Volkanovski/Moicano vs. Stephens/Mendes/Frankie/Emett (no particular order) would be cool.

It doesn't make sense. Why lose 2 young fighters?
Same for Costa and Adesanya.
Put them against the old lions.

That would be a great fight

So we will probably never see it

Zabit vs Korean Zombie
Volkan vs Emmet
Chad vs Bektic

last fight was a narrow split decision. He is a good test for anyone, solid on the feet, solid wrestling and BJJ. Likes to throw unorthodox attacks like Zabit, sounds like a fun matchup for me

It doesn't make sense. Why lose 2 young fighters?
Why do people make this nonsense argument?

Did the UFC kill a contender by matching Bisping vs Evans while both were undefeated?
Did the UFC kill a contender by matching Machida vs Thiago Silva while both were undefeated?

Please. Let them fight.

Everybody is forgetting Bektic. He's the dark horse of this division, mark my words

Did the UFC kill a contender by matching Bisping vs Evans while both were undefeated?
Did the UFC kill a contender by matching Machida vs Thiago Silva while both were undefeated?

Please. Let them fight.

No, you are right with your examples.

But in this case you are keeping the old fighters at the top (MW - Weidman, Rockold, Jacare and FW - Aldo, Frankie, Chad) and you let the young ones fight between them. Adesanya and Costa would be a good fight, but why now? Shouldn't they be tested against ground fighters like Rockhold and Weidman?

I think Volkanovski deserves a top 5 guy.

I love how people doesn't even mention Yair anymore lmao, sad cause on paper it was a great fight

Zabit/Volkanovski/Moicano vs. Stephens/Mendes/Frankie/Emett (no particular order) would be cool.

We don't need Moicano vs Stephens again. Zabit trains with Frankie and Emmet just got KO'd but you want him to fight people on winning streaks.

With the 3 pairings you presented I'd have Zabit vs Stephens, Volkanovski vs Mendes and Frankie vs Moicano. Throw in Bektic in one of those. Maybe he can fight Aldo.

I'd love to see that fight, good matchup!

Please. Let them fight.

Bisping vs Evans would have insane hype if it were a title fight (maybe Jones gets a serious injury during camp preparing for Bisping lmao) and both were undefeated.

Let them fight later. Undefeated streaks sell. If Till wasn't undefeated, UFC 228 would have less hype and the tapout would be less shocking.

This whole "killing contenders" BS needs to stop. Just because some people here are fickle to the point of almost being bipolar doesn't mean that contenders should all be on separate paths where they'll never be in danger of losing.

It aint bad but Volkanovski becomes completely irrelevant if he loses coz he's only fought on undercards and only super hardcores know him. Either that or we have Zabits hype go down the toilet after losing to a 'bum' (Volk is no joke, I put inverted commas for a reason).

Let Volkanovski fight Mendes or Stephens on a main card or fight night main event. Huge opportunity if he wins. Zabit vs Mendes or Stephens too.

Back