News Alexander Volkanovski vs. Max Holloway 2 expected to headline UFC 251

Who wins the rematch?

• Alexander Volkanovski

• Max Holloway

Results are only viewable after voting.
People will probably complain and want a fresh match up... But then people complain when former champions don't get the instant rematch, so whatever.

Personally I don't see this being much different to the first, Volkanovski is just better, has the more well rounded skill set and Max will likely need a finish fighting in Perth.

Max usually never fights different. He will come in thinking he just didn't train hard enough or push hard enough rather then making adjustments and adding more tools.

In A-level WAFL football you can't be short and stocky.

465edef1d3a1804e613f9c84101c78a7

The stocky fighters go to Rugby and the tall jacked go to AFL.

That's cruiserweight Danny Green next to the most bankable local HW G-Train Gallen on left.

Early odds are showing favour to Volk.
I see Volk shortening even more as we get closer.
I favour Volk in the rematch, even more than those odds suggest. I just don't see what Max can change to drastically impact the outcome of the rematch. I think Volk is just the better man as it stands
Edit odds:
Screenshot_20200225-185334_1.png

A rematch that no one asked, thank you bald fuck. the fight was quite one sided so there was no need for a rematch. I want to see Volk vs KZ

6JFvU6z0_400x400.png

Will be placing a good bet on Volk.

Tired of insta rematches tho

In A-level WAFL football you can't be short and stocky.

465edef1d3a1804e613f9c84101c78a7

The stocky fighters go to Rugby and the tall jacked go to AFL.

That's cruiserweight Danny Green next to the most bankable local HW G-Train Gallen on left.
What?

volkanovski vs korean zombie would have been far more interesting considering the first fight vs holloway wasn´t the best one. If max doesn´t learn how to check kicks I see the same result.

Might have to break out some spearmint milk for the fight.

who ever wins the low klick battle wins the fight. voted max.

Thanks I reciprocate the favor

Km4ah1h.jpg
_5nn8w.gif

anyone remember this scene? plz dont make me explain it.(or admit i watched the movie)

Aww id rather watch max vs someone else so get his confidence back.. he hasn't impressed me since his win vs ortega. Oh well now i guess we get to watch KZ vs Ortega or zabit

Not a fan of instant rematches when one fighter was beaten fair and square, and no controversial decisions.

Also... when it comes to title-fights, if there some kind of UFC rule that you have to beat the existing champion TWICE ??? I mean of course i'll watch it, I like both fighters, but ....I don't see why Max deserves a rematch. He should go and beat 2 or 3 other fighters first. He lost.

Just a rumour thus far, but it would make sense for the card.

via PerthNow.com -

The UFC is on its way back to Australia, with UFC 251 set to feature a truckload of homegrown talent in Perth.

The fight night, scheduled to take place on Sunday June 7 at RAC Arena, is expected to feature the anticipated title rematch of Australia’s Alexander Volkanovski and Max Holloway – who he defeated in thrilling fashion in Las Vegas in December.

Sydney, the biggest city in Australia and the closest major city to Volkanovksi’s hometown of Wollongong, was snubbed for hosting rights.

The UFC made the announcement on Tuesday on Twitter, with immediate speculation suggesting Volkanovski would be defending the featherweight belt on the night.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/m...match-ng-8492a3d469bb6636d924e84f79e52bad.amp
Romero, Aldo and now this.
Fuck the UFC matchmakers.

Back