News Alexander Volkanovski vs. Max Holloway 2 expected to headline UFC 251

Who wins the rematch?

• Alexander Volkanovski

• Max Holloway

Results are only viewable after voting.
Meh I’d rather see a fresher match up as well. Let this one simmer a bit and see how things are shaking up first.

Just a rumour thus far, but it would make sense for the card.

via PerthNow.com -

The UFC is on its way back to Australia, with UFC 251 set to feature a truckload of homegrown talent in Perth.

The fight night, scheduled to take place on Sunday June 7 at RAC Arena, is expected to feature the anticipated title rematch of Australia’s Alexander Volkanovski and Max Holloway – who he defeated in thrilling fashion in Las Vegas in December.

Sydney, the biggest city in Australia and the closest major city to Volkanovksi’s hometown of Wollongong, was snubbed for hosting rights.

The UFC made the announcement on Tuesday on Twitter, with immediate speculation suggesting Volkanovski would be defending the featherweight belt on the night.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/m...match-ng-8492a3d469bb6636d924e84f79e52bad.amp

Head says Volk, gut says Max.

Btw glad they are doing this. One of the extremely few cases where an instant rematch makes sense.

I love Max but I think Volk is just a hard counter to his style. Same as Dustin

As much as I'd like to see Max win, I have a hard time favoring former champs in instant rematches. But I guess "it is what it is":D

Being an Oz card expect Jimmy Crute, Dan Hooker, to hopefully be on there also.

Hope its at RAC Arena, quality not too big venue.

Hopefully max can reclaim his throne, but I get the feeling this rematch is happening too soon.

He should have took a #1 contender fight, Volkanovski is a really tough matchup.
True, but if he gameplans those leg kicks it changes everything. I'm an aussie, but still, once his leg was shot and he was forced to fight switch, it wasn't the same Max.

Let's see if he can adjust, and if he does, if Volk has another plan for that adjustment.

I think if Max takes Volk seriously he can pull it off, but he'll definitely need to have a plan B up his sleeve.
Max is a great fighter so I won't put anything past him. It'll be an uphill battle for sure but I would love to see max come out on top

Who cares about that stale match up?
Max is a delusional crybaby I hope he loses again

These tckets will be $100 for the worst seat. I remember paying $400 for an OK seat last time.

LOL

This is a given, they will not have Shevchenko headlining a fucking Australian PPV.

I'm surprised the rematch is happening so soon... Holloway got murked in the 1st fight & only deserves a rematch coz he's a legend, not because the last fight was close or controversial.

Max had better come prepared (ie. with a plan b & c) because Alexander will be & is known for undertaking serious homework on his opponents.

Last time Volk won every round pretty easy (especially 3 of 5 when he had full tank) so I pick Volk like before their 1st fight.

Back