Alexander Romanov vs Juan Espino - Hype thread

Juan Espino played on the Spanish national kabaddi team

He also went to Senegal and competed in laamb or Senegalese wrestling. I don't know the exact rules but it seems like the basic idea is to put your opponent on his back

He did Canarian wrestling which is popular in the Canary Islands where he's from, seems kind of similar to laamb.

Alexandr Romanov (264lbs) vs Juan Espino (257lbs)

nKGMQzF.gif

And if anyone's running over someone, it'd be Espino by a quick sub, not the other way around. Romanov does NOT have a good TDD it appears to me. No one really goes for Tds against Romanov, but from what I've seen in grappling/wrestling matches, his TDD isn't really there. If Espino can get to his legs, I think he can finish. I'm not sure how good Espino's TDD is but I'm not sure if Romanov would want to take it to the ground, not sure.

Espino TDD is, or should be pretty good, Id say top 3 on HW. The guy is a multi-discipline champion in many types of ground fighting (laamb wrestling, canarian wrestling, grappling....). For me, the only chance that Romanov has its via KO.

Espino TDD is, or should be pretty good, Id say top 3 on HW. The guy is a multi-discipline champion in many types of ground fighting (laamb wrestling, canarian wrestling, grappling....). For me, the only chance that Romanov has its via KO.

This is very tough fight for Romanov. But then again this is a tough fight for Espino too. I just think Espino is more dangerous than Romanov. I really think there's going to be huge gap in BJJ between a guy who was a black belt for 10 + years, and a guy who was a blue belt until a week ago. And Romanov isn't all that great standing either, not to mention Espino isn't that bad standing up with a huge reach advantage, and prob better than Romanov standing.

I think Romanov can win this if he's on his A game. But I'm bit biased. Grapplers tend to age very well, especially at heavyweight, especially someone who has literally taken no damage at all his entire career, which Espino is.

I think it's one of those fights that could go either way on paper, but could be one sided when it comes to it.

May the best man win, but I was on Romanov bandwaggon before the UFC, so LFG Romanov, but if he thinks Espino is on the same level as thirteen cans that he ran over in his career, I think Espino by sub. In round 1.

It's the next fight!

<MikeP1>

I told you Espino is very very good. I think I was pretty spot on.

I knew everyone was counting Espino out. Unfortunate end to the event, but I think the right guy won, you can't give the win to a guy who ended the fight with a groin shot. That makes no sense.

You can't give the win to a guy who acted like it was the worst blow he has ever received, just so the fight is stopped, and he doesn't get dominated by the other guy during the rest of round 3.
The knee had no strenght on it, it was just to score points.
Espino was fresher, and he would have won the 3rd round easily.
However, anyway, he won R1 and R3. So the W should have been his.

Even with the unfortunate ending, this was still my favorite fight on the card. I tried to bet some money on Espino but fortunately I wasn't able to.

He just saw the Sterling fight. And he was gassed. Bisping kept talking about taking a point which I disagree with. And judging the round up until the end, Espino was winning.

Back