Alexander Romanov vs Juan Espino - Hype thread

I think King Mo would have teched Romanov in under a minute or two in freestyle. I'm fairly sure.

I didn't say worse, probably around the same level. And he's white belt in BJJ. And his TDD looks shit in his wrestling matches where he fucking gets destroyed, though it is high level wrestling for sure but still, and he got wrestle-fucked against much smaller guy in a GRAPPLING match as well and he got tapped out by a guy in less than thirty seconds who would go onto lose in the final by the score of 17-0. Not to mention he got swept from the mount incredibly easily, and he doesn't have guard game, or anything from the back in general, whereas Espino won the world final by pulling guard and sweeping his opponent.

He looks like he's about to fall in third round as well and he literally hasn't thrown a single punch maybe one or two standing in his UFC matches, he rarely throws a punch in his fights, let alone land them, not to mention Espino has a HUUUUGE reach advantage, Espino is a superior striker, and with better cardio, with better BJJ, better sub game, better camp.

I didn't shit on Romanov or anything, I just said Espino was better in certain areas. Romanov is younger than Espino. He had him beat in that regards. Though at heavyweight, who knows if that matters, especially between grapplers.

I'm on Romanov bandwaggon, so you know, I'm all about this fight and I'm hyped! I just think you were bit underestimating Espino a bit.
Its definitely a very tough fight for Romanov and Espino does have the jiu jitsu advantage, but Romanov isn't a white belt, he holds a purple belt from a Relson Gracie affiliate. This should be a damn good fight

Its definitely a very tough fight for Romanov and Espino does have the jiu jitsu advantage, but Romanov isn't a white belt, he holds a purple belt from a Relson Gracie affiliate. This should be a damn good fight

oh I see. I would have believed he was white belt, he looked literally clueless from certain positions, not to mention he lost to a blue belt(I think, possibly purple belt) in a grappling competition. Where did you find that info btw? Just curious, first time I heard of that.

Yeah I think Espino is better striker, better BJJ, better cardio, better camp, better training partner, much longer reach, more of a submission threat, much much much better bottom ground game.

On Romanov's side, Romanov is younger.

Ah so he just got his purple belt three days ago so he was a blue belt. I knew he looked sloppy as fuck all along. And it sounds like he's training with non-pro fighters with BJJ white belts whereas Espino is training with Romero and Oleinik at American Top Team.

ROMANOV LFG

oh I see. I would have believed he was white belt, he looked literally clueless from certain positions, not to mention he lost to a blue belt(I think, possibly purple belt) in a grappling competition. Where did you find that info btw? Just curious, first time I heard of that.

Yeah I think Espino is better striker, better BJJ, better cardio, better camp, better training partner, much longer reach, more of a submission threat, much much much better bottom ground game.

On Romanov's side, Romanov is younger.
A friend of mine owns the academy and just recently promoted him. He's been working like a mad man on that part of his game.

A friend of mine owns the academy and just recently promoted him. He's been working like a mad man on that part of his game.

oh that brown belt owner guy? Jesus imagine getting purple belt three days ago from a brown belt then fighting Espino who's been a black belt for ten plus years.

oh that brown belt owner guy? Jesus imagine getting purple belt three days ago from a brown belt then fighting Espino who's been a black belt for ten plus years.
Lol no, hes a Relson Gracie black belt. The school has numerous Relson black belts and has stron Jason Morris Judo ties as well. Enjoy hating on ppl who excel in the areas you seem to be a fan of though.

Lol no, hes a Relson Gracie black belt. The school has numerous Relson black belts and has stron Jason Morris Judo ties as well. Enjoy hating on ppl who excel in the areas you seem to be a fan of though.

I'm not hating. I'm on Romanov bandwagon. What u talking about

I just said Romanov got his purple belt from a run of the mill BJJ black belt(corrected), a week before fighting Espino who's been BJJ Black Belt for ten plus years.

How's that hating

Espino is old and does not look good on the feet he has to take Romanov down right away but Romanov has good wrestling and is fat so I think he's gonna have trouble taking him down and will have to stand with him for a bit where Romanov will catch him.
King Kong via TKO hopefully we get to see some of those double hammer fists from mount again. He should beat his chest like king kong before he does it it'd look good on his highlight reel.

Romanov body type and fighting style reminds me of cole konrad. I just dont see him getting taken down, and if he gets on top for anything longer than a scramble I don't see espino getting up.

Espino is old and does not look good on the feet he has to take Romanov down right away but Romanov has good wrestling and is fat so I think he's gonna have trouble taking him down and will have to stand with him for a bit where Romanov will catch him.
King Kong via TKO hopefully we get to see some of those double hammer fists from mount again. He should beat his chest like king kong before he does it it'd look good on his highlight reel.

Romanov freaking looks even worse. Espino at least dropped an opponent with a punch under the UFC banner. Romanov hasn't landed a single punch inside the UFC standing up. Romanov doesn't really throw punches, the guy kicks and knees and puts his head down and goes for takedowns throughout his career.

Espino is a FAR better striker, better submission guy, much better BJJ, better gas tank and much better training camp. Romanov was blue belt in BJJ like four days ago. ESpino has been a BJJ black belt for ten plus years.

But Romanov IS younger for sure.

Romanov body type and fighting style reminds me of cole konrad. I just dont see him getting taken down, and if he gets on top for anything longer than a scramble I don't see espino getting up.

Romanov is very sloppy. Espino is WAAAAY better in BJJ so I think Espino can catch him. Romanov better be careful though, both of them fought bums up to this point(other than Minakov for Espino), so it's easy for Romanov to look good running through them. But Romanov rarely punches if you watch his fights, he just kicks and knees and goes for takedowns, but if you fight like that, and people seems to think on here that Romanov can do that, Espino is going to slam his head through the mat and get the quick sub.

Romanov is the betting favorite, as expected. He is the better wrestler and is much stronger.
I think he makes Espino gas out with his top control and gnp, and finishes him on the second round.

Romanov is the betting favorite, as expected. He is the better wrestler and is much stronger.
I think he makes Espino gas out with his top control and gnp, and finishes him on the second round.

Much stronger? Says who? By being like 5 pounds bigger than 258 pounds dude?

Romanov doesn't have the best TDD. No one was good enough to exploit that, since he literally fought cans in his entire career. Espino is good enough to finally test that.

On paper, Romanov is a better wrestler, but we will see. I'm fairly sure Espino can take Romanov down just like Romanov can probably take Espino down. It won't be easy either way. Espino does have better BJJ, better striking, better cardio, better camp.

Espino, while the more technical guy, is old, inactive, and his best win is Maurice Green. If you comb through his record, he is largely a can crusher, think Romanov takes it.

Espino, while the more technical guy, is old, inactive, and his best win is Maurice Green. If you comb through his record, he is largely a can crusher, think Romanov takes it.

Espino fought 8 times since 2017. Romanov fought 12 times.

Romanov's best win is De Lima who is a career LHW. At least Maurice Green is a heavyweight.

If you are talking about who is more accomplished can crusher, I'm fairly sure you can't beat Romanov.

Both are can crushers, but at least Espino fought a better opponent in Minakov than all 13 opponents of Romanov combined. Minakov would crush Romanov as well in his prime.

And it's a heavyweight fight between two grapplers. If we know anything about older fighters, fighters who are grapplers tend to age better, especially at heavyweight. And Espino has very few milege on him, since most of his fights have been first rounders.

Espino fought 8 times since 2017. Romanov fought 12 times.

Romanov's best win is De Lima who is a career LHW. At least Maurice Green is a heavyweight.

If you are talking about who is more accomplished can crusher, I'm fairly sure you can't beat Romanov.

Both are can crushers, but at least Espino fought a better opponent in Minakov than all 13 opponents of Romanov combined. Minakov would crush Romanov as well in his prime.

De Lima actually has wins in the UFC, which can not be said of Espino's UFC opponents, all 2 of them. Espino's best win pre UFC was Rodney Wallace, who is a LHW that washed out of the UFC without winning a fight. Most of his opponents have less than 5 fights. At least Romanov fights big guys that have winning records for the most part.

Also, how are you going to give credit to a guy for fighting someone that beat him in 9 seconds? Even if Minakov would beat Romanov, which in all likelihood he would, surely he would put up more of a fight than this...

Timestamped

That's a scrap! I'm ready to rub these chunky monkey's straight into my eyeballs.

De Lima actually has wins in the UFC, which can not be said of Espino's UFC opponents, all 2 of them. Espino's best win pre UFC was Rodney Wallace, who is a LHW that washed out of the UFC without winning a fight. Most of his opponents have less than 5 fights. At least Romanov fights big guys that have winning records for the most part.

Also, how are you going to give credit to a guy for fighting someone that beat him in 9 seconds? Even if Minakov would beat Romanov, which in all likelihood he would, surely he would put up more of a fight than this...

Timestamped

The fuck, Greene has 4 wins in the UFC. I didnt, I said Espino fought less cans, and literally he did fought less cans, and better fighter than all 13 of Romanov's opponets. But people can get caught, especially when it's so early. It happens, especially at heavyweight. JDS caught Cain in under a minute for example.

All I'm saying is, if ANYONE's the better can crusher, it's Romanov by far and it's not even close.

Back