Alexander Romanov vs Juan Espino - Hype thread

Iron Skin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Two of the best heavyweight grapplers! They are fighting next weekend on the prelims of UFC Fight Night: Whitaker vs Gastelum

Romanov

KUAgCJo.gif

1Ic0eEx.gif

wijDHSp.gif

FixpQDk.gif

Espino

vt17cdy.gif

rQpiTRw.gif

QuickFlimsyDutchsmoushond-size_restricted.gif

FrailTidyAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle-size_restricted.gif

I stole some gifs from Kazdibiase

Last edited:
Two of the best heavyweight grapplers! They are fighting next weekend on the prelims of UFC Fight Night: Whitaker vs Gastelum

Romanov

KUAgCJo.gif

1Ic0eEx.gif

wijDHSp.gif

SWOsOGk.gif

Espino

vt17cdy.gif

rQpiTRw.gif

Nice. I'm glad to see i'm not the only one pumped about this one. Grappling is HW is too rare imo, but I STILL expect this to end up being a slug-fest. Excited for it regardless.

Romanov

KUAgCJo.gif

1Ic0eEx.gif

wijDHSp.gif

SWOsOGk.gif

Espino

vt17cdy.gif

rQpiTRw.gif

Excited for KING KONG to be in UFC. Bring on the sparks that we were missing! Dreamin boys: KING KONG SUPPLEXES Ngannou and pummels him on the floor! Just dreaming....

Excited for KING KONG to be in UFC. Bring on the sparks that we were missing! Dreamin boys: KING KONG SUPPLEXES Ngannou and pummels him on the floor! Just dreaming....

Buddy not sure if Romanov gets past Espino. Super tough fight.

Romanov is going to run through Espino. He's stronger, has better technique, and isn't 40 years old.

Romanov is going to run through Espino. He's stronger, has better technique, and isn't 40 years old.

Romanov does not have better technique. Romanov is a whilte belt at BJJ, whereas Espino is legit BJJ black belt prob for last few years at that at least. And Romanov is pretty wild. No one knows which one's stronger Espino has been ragdolling everyone who are much younger. I'd think he would be stronger since he's younger by fair bit, but not competely sure.

Romanov does not have better technique. Romanov is a whilte belt at BJJ, whereas Espino is legit BJJ black belt prob for last few years at that at least. And Romanov is pretty wild. No one knows which one's stronger Espino has been ragdolling everyone who are much younger. I'd think he would be stronger since he's younger by fair bit, but not competely sure.

Have you watched any of Romanov's fights? The dude is a savage. He may not be credentialed in BJJ but he knows what he's doing on the ground. The athleticism difference is going to be huge in this fight. Romanov is going to do what he wants here and Espino is going to be overwhelmed.

Espino is being a bit overlooked here i think.

I like Romano but i don't get why everybody praise his Ground And Pound. He is a good grappler and easily get and keep the mount, but i remember a fight where he landed like a hundred blow to the head from the mount without being able to finish his opponent

Have you watched any of Romanov's fights? The dude is a savage. He may not be credentialed in BJJ but he knows what he's doing on the ground. The athleticism difference is going to be huge in this fight. Romanov is going to do what he wants here and Espino is going to be overwhelmed.

Not really. He's a savage against guys who has no clue about grappling. Espino is a better grappler, has a reach on him, more seasoned striker, and much much better BJJ. How do you know who's more athletic? And this isn't athletics, this is fighting. Romanov is more explosive, that's what it is.

If there's anything about older heavyweights who are grapplers, they age very very well and Espino literally took no damager outside his ko loss TEN years ago.

I'm on Romanov hype train. I love the guy, but you are delusional if you think this is an easy fight. It's not. It's very tough fight, where I'd lean slightly towards Espino.

Romanov will not finish Espino on the ground. Espino can finish Romanov.

Back