Alexander Karelin walking on shoulders technic

Scariest athlete in martial art or combat sports history
Mijain Lopez surpassed him. Don't believe the YouTube myths.

Mijain Lopez surpassed him. Don't believe the YouTube myths.
Sorry I don’t have recent bias.

I remember Karelins time and also the Mijian Lopez era of today. He’s certainly the most dominant wrestler today, and since Karelin, but he doesn’t have 9 straight world championships or the level of dominance Karelin had. In his prime Karelin was significantly better and his reign didn’t end too long before Lopez started his reign.

Sorry I don’t have recent bias.

I remember Karelins time and also the Mijian Lopez era of today. He’s certainly the most dominant wrestler today, and since Karelin, but he doesn’t have 9 straight world championships or the level of dominance Karelin had. In his prime Karelin was significantly better and his reign didn’t end too long before Lopez started his reign.

Hespectfully disagree

Lopez sold his world championships or didn't participate. He'll most likely get another olympic medal in two years. The level of competition is much higher now. I don't know how it is possible to even discuss this. Riza Kayaalp is at least one level above everyone else and Mijain Lopez took his soul and made it look easy - everytime! How the fuck was Karelin more dominant? It's all about fancy youtube videos and the almighty russian cuckolding which is an internet thing I guess.

Hespectfully disagree

Lopez sold his world championships or didn't participate. He'll most likely get another olympic medal in two years. The level of competition is much higher now. I don't know how it is possible to even discuss this. Riza Kayaalp is at least one level above everyone else and Mijain Lopez took his soul and made it look easy - everytime! How the fuck was Karelin more dominant? It's all about fancy youtube videos and the almighty russian cuckolding which is an internet thing I guess.
Lol at saying the Turk Riza being more dominant than all wrestlers of old. You are caught in recency bias good sir. Just like people last year were claiming Jordan boroughs to be GOAT.

I am not going off YouTube videos at all I actually saw both fighters peaks! If only Lopez was 4-5 years younger they would have crossed paths. But that tiny gap between their eras could be considered as Rulon Gardner. Other than that time it’s been a simple transition from Karlein to Lopez and you can disagree with my opinion but I firmly believe Karelin would be the better wrestler in this fictional matchup, but I can also see Lopez and his mile long arms and length winning.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back