Alexander Gustafsson would do well against Cain

Junior-Dos-Santos-UFC-108w.jpg

Yup because he manhandles JDS but couldn't Gus

That's not even an accurate comparing considering JDS fights at the weight he weighs in.

Gustaffson and Jones are both 6'4'' and probably come in at 230+lbs, yet they they're scared to fight guys that are shorter than them and only weigh 240lbs (JDS and Cain)

arIbrJX.jpg

That's not even an accurate comparing considering JDS fights at the weight he weighs in.

Gustaffson and Jones are both 6'4'' and probably come in at 230+lbs, yet they they're scared to fight guys that are shorter than them and only weigh 240lbs (JDS and Cain)

arIbrJX.jpg

weight not height. If you think Gus got rocked by a spinning elbow from Jones but can take the overhand JDS landed on Hunt twice or the uppercut that koed Werdum go see a Dr.

weight not height. If you think Gus got rocked by a spinning elbow from Jones but can take the overhand JDS landed on Hunt twice or the uppercut that koed Werdum go see a Dr.

We're talking about Cain here moron.

Well if thats true..
He should stop hiding at LHW and fight at his true weight class...
You know just like people say JbJ should.

Hilarious how people keep saying Gustafson would do well at HW and Jones wouldn't even though Jones not only won, but proved he has a solid chin and a refuse to lose tenacity. If Gustafson would do well at HW then so would Jones.

Last edited:
Gus has an IRON chin, Cain has pillow fists and a questionable chin. Ain't gonna happen. I'd go as far as to say that Phil Davis wrestling as good as Cain's wrestling. Nobody has been able to stop Jon's takedowns until Gus and that's including amazing TDD from guys like Lyoto, Rampage, and Rashad. That has to count for something.

Weird how Cain has KTFO so many heavyweights, huh.

Stylistically it sounds okay but in reality, Cain keeps up a high pace and Gus wouldn't be able to keep up, maybe gus could finish him early since it's shown that Cain can't eat shots like nothing but I'd pick Cain by late tko or decision.

I really like and respect Gustaffson but no, just no. He would do well against JDS but not again Cain.

Hilarious how people keep saying Gustafson would do well at HW and Jones wouldn't even though Jones not only won, but proved he has a solid chin and a refuse to lose tenacity. If Gustafson would do well at HW then so would Jones.
Styles make fights. Gustafsson's style translates to a division populated by larger, heavier opponents with more reach better than Jones' does.

I'm not saying that Jones' reliance on reach makes him unskilled or is unfair, just that the skills he's developed work much better against someone with Belfort or Sonnen's reach than they do against someone with Gustafsson's or Overeem's reach. Gustafsson, on the other hand, likes to fight at a range where he gives chances for opponents with lesser reach (Shogun, T.Silva) to hit him back, but he's excellent at closing the distance (sometimes more than he needs) to hurt people of any size.

(Regardless, Cain by GnP in round 1, but the OP already knew that.)

Cain would ragdoll and slaughter Gus. It would be ugly.

Lol Cain is pillow fisted now?

Drops JDS (first in his career), TKO/KO's Big Foot twice, KO's Nog, TKO's Rothwell and Brock Lesnar..

Yea he sure is pillow fisted.

Lol Cain is pillow fisted now?

Drops JDS (first in his career), TKO/KO's Big Foot twice, KO's Nog, TKO's Rothwell and Brock Lesnar..

Yea he sure is pillow fisted.

The OP is an uneducated and misinformed hater. What more can one say

I think Gus would lose to Cain in a competitive fight. Cain's quick and has power unlike Jones Gus won't have a reach advantage to hide behind. Cain by KO in round 3.

Haha, well done, white belt, well done.

What a shit argument, sir. You have provided nothing intelligent in the topic and have almost 13,000 posts. Way to enlighten anyone with your condescending babble. Just because you get to say things 13,000 times and not provide any intellect, doesn't make you superior.

I would say that on the feet Alex tools Cain and could get the TKO. On the ground, he could get back up, and has proven excellent on getting back up to the feet and TDD.

cain would bulldoze gus onto the ground and maul him like a lion does to an antelope.

I think Gus could do well at HW, but I wouldn't bet on him against the likes of JDS/Cain.

Back