Alexander Gustafsson wants to bring the UFC light-heavyweight title to Sweden

You have no clue what you were watching if you believe this. Maybe you should learn about standup fighting before you make yourself look stupid with another post like this.

Gus could've tooled Shogun the same way he did T. Silva, but went in there and gave Shogun the brawl he wanted and still beat his ass. And watch how quickly Jones tries to take the fight to the ground if he fights Gus, he knows he has nothing for Gus standing.

Gus is no question the better boxing, Jones is the better striker.

Gus brawled Shogun? Hahahahahaha. Watch Shogun vs Hendo and tell me Gus brawled Shogun. Are you high?

You have no clue what you were watching if you believe this. Maybe you should learn about standup fighting before you make yourself look stupid with another post like this.

Gus could've tooled Shogun the same way he did T. Silva, but went in there and gave Shogun the brawl he wanted and still beat his ass. And watch how quickly Jones tries to take the fight to the ground if he fights Gus, he knows he has nothing for Gus standing.

Jones would pick Gus apart with Kickboxing at a distance and finish with a sub
Jones likes pull fighters in to deep water with his pace and clinch work, I don't think Gus can keep up with Jones for five rounds.

Yeah well ND wants the national championship, unfortunately 'Bama has it..... and is keeping it.

Really? And all along I thought he was just doing this for kicks, with no ambition to ever win the belt...

Gus is no question the better boxing, Jones is the better striker.

Gus brawled Shogun? Hahahahahaha. Watch Shogun vs Hendo and tell me Gus brawled Shogun. Are you high?

Yeah, he brawled with him. I've watched Shogun vs Hendo plenty of times, that's two old guys with no movement brawling. Gus could've danced around Shogun all night and lit him up like he did to Thiago Silva, but he didn't. Sure he moved some, but he stood there and traded with Shogun, took everything Shogun had to give and gave him back better.

You sir are the one who is high, or perhaps you don't know what you're talking about?

And Gus is better standing than Jones. What does Jones do better standing than Gus? Foot jabs? A little elbow here and there? He has bad boxing, no power and if he's smart he won't stand with Gus. Foot jabs and his little elbows or punches with no power aren't going to cut it against Gus.

Jones would pick Gus apart with Kickboxing at a distance and finish with a sub
Jones likes pull fighters in to deep water with his pace and clinch work, I don't think Gus can keep up with Jones for five rounds.

I would say Jones is better in the clinch because of his throws and TD's, striking in the clinch goes to Gus because he actually has power.

Jones no doubt is better on the ground due to his wrestling, and his subs are better.

But don't think that Jones can keep Gus away with his little foot jabs and no power attacks. Gus is the better striker without a doubt, he doesn't use his kicks much because he likes to box, but I'm sure they are harder than the crap Jones throws. Gus has power, Jones doesn't. And I would say that Gus has better footwork.

Jones has only looked good in his kickboxing because of his length. He doesn't have enough power in any of his strikes to keep Gus away from him. Standing Jones is no match for Gus. Jones has to take Gus down enough or threaten with it enough and get Gus worrying about it for Jones to have any advantage in the stand up.

Does Jones win the fight? Probably, but it won't be from the stand up.

Back