Alexander Gustafsson wants to bring the UFC light-heavyweight title to Sweden

Good for him and I hope he succeed.

I disagree, I think Jones' striking is better than Gustafsson's. Jones is way more technical, and Gus looked like a straight up brawler in his last fight. I still want to see this fight though.

I think Gus is usually more technical than he showed against Shogun.

Gus has no chance. Jones is too dynamic a striker for him and he either gets leg kicked to death or Jones will take him down and GNP him.

Even if he beat Jones, Davis would take that title away :)

This is considered news?

"Top 10 fighter wants to become champion"

Holy crap stop the press! I would have assumed he dreamed of being a journeyman, and I would have expected him to say "Of course Jones will beat me. I'll never have a chance!"

He specifically said the title and not the championship. Dude is planning a heist on the Jones estate.

is he inviting Jones to Sweden?

inovating thread topic BTW.

Last edited:
This is thread worthy?

Ts, your next thread should be "Diaz brothers smoke weed", or "Cain Velasquez is Mexican"

Alex is a new challenge for Jones. He's kind of unique with this hight, wrestling and power/great hands. Maybe he can give Jones a tough fight. Depends if he can defend the td and get in jones face standing. He could very well clip the champ and hurt him.

This is considered news?

"Top 10 fighter wants to become champion"

Holy crap stop the press! I would have assumed he dreamed of being a journeyman, and I would have expected him to say "Of course Jones will beat me. I'll never have a chance!"

This.

Sweden is a top5 country imo.

Suck fudge through a straw!!! someone whiteboy wants to be champ! ha!

I can't believe this. I thought he would want to lose and bring shame upon his entire country.

I want any UFC fighter to bring their title to Chicago. Been a year since the last card here.

Umm, Jones' striking is better than Gustaf's. When Gustaf fought Shogun, Shogun's one-dimensional striking consisted of an overhand right and little else, and yet he was still able to tag Gustaf in ways we have never seen Jones get hit. Also, Gustaf couldn't get his boxing offense rolling until Shogun gassed in the 3rd, which is not a good sign.

Back