Alexander Gustafsson Vows to Shock the World (Video)

Break Brick

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
An interview with Ariel Helwani, instigating, as per.

..Key to this fight I believe is if Gus can avoid having his back to the cage, I feel Jones is going to try to pin Gus against the cage early and hit him with knees and elbows, If Gus can keep it in the middle and catch Jones with some good shots it may be an interesting night.

the thread title should be "Alexander Gustafsson doesn't believe he can finish Jon Jones" I'd say that is a bit more relevant part of the interview than a title challenger claiming he will "shock the world"

the thread title should be "Alexander Gustafsson doesn't believe he can finish Jon Jones" I'd say that is a bit more relevant part of the interview than a title challenger claiming he will "shock the world"

And from what did you draw that very unintelligent assumption?

I hope Gus wins

it could be interesting for 205 and the whole sport

I wish Alex the best of luck. I know he's been training hard and has taken this seriously.

With that said, I believe Jones to be a special talent. Though his time is coming.

I'd be happy for him if he really pulls it off.

the only reason I am not rooting for him is because I believe the better fighter should always get the victory, which obviously is not how every fight ends anyway. Also I can't help but feel Schadenfreude when the Jones haters get to pop another vein.

F-off with that. Even Cain before his 2nd fight with Bigfoot said he was expecting a 5 Round war. If you're not ready to fight your best for 5 Rounds, then you're probably not ready to be champion. And Gus will finish him within 5 anyway.

Way more honorable then jones. I agree with everything he says. People who don't see that about jones are either dumb,cover their eyes to it or don't have the ability to see through people. I hope gus can pull it of some how.

did you only watch the last 30 seconds to make that assumption? within the first 2 minutes he said " he's going to shock the world " id say at least 3 times ? Lls. Troll.:icon_lol:

An BTW good interview. Hope he can " shock the world " tonight.

Cant stand Jones at the weigh ins and shit .. reminds me of Faber .. Go look at yourself in the mirror .. lol :icon_lol:

Im not bettin on bones anymore, Gus got that look in his eyes and he will win. War Gus! Go Europe!

To be honest, winning a five round decision vs Jones is alsmost more impressing than a early KO/TKO. Just take GSP as an example, I can see someone catching him, but not winning a five round decision, think its the same thing here.

I see it as hes ready for five rounds and is convinced that he can win over five rounds, and not only having to look for the KO/TKO.

Jones' defense will be too good for Gus to inflict much damage at all. For me the only question is whether JBJ will be aggressive and get the stoppage or just control him en route to a UD win.

Find a better interview of Alex, OP. Ariel knows how to interview unlike every other interviewer who ask the same BULLSHIT questions. Sick and tired of Ariel hate in every fucking thread.

I don't think you even know what instigate means, ignorant OP.

I would love for him to do it. It will make the division very interesting again.

Back