Alexander Gustafsson sparring video for UFC 165(Vid.Inside)

Jones comes in with an overhand right and Gus kicks in him the face, knocking him out and people gonna call it a lucky shot. That's how I see it going down.

What's so funny? It ain't no picnic being on the ground and eating Jones hellbows.

No teriyaki in this world is going to prevent Gus from getting knocked/choked the F out on saturday.

Knocking someone the fuck out most often indicates the opponent is completely unconscious. Although Jones could theoretically get the stoppage from strikes, it's highly doubtful that Gus will be out cold.

After seeing this, I'm much more confident in Jones.

You're clearly a big Jones fan (and lying because you're scared for Jon). If you're actually not impressed with what you just saw then I feel sorry for you. As TS said, that was a beautiful counter at 2:14 - 2:16, something that would've knocked Jones down or T/KO'd him. Alex has rhythm, movement, footwork and speed + boxing skills that will trouble Jones. Jones will be trying to hit a guy that's so much faster and better with his footwork + movement and getting angles to hit him from. Don't be surprised if Jones has no answer for this. Jones has no boxing game at all, he doesn't put his punches together at all, his rhythm is non-existent and his footwork is horrible. He should stick to his Winkeljohn brand of kickboxing and his grappling.

Gus will stop Jones in the 3rd round TKO, Jones has too much c o c k

He needs to aim for that toe. Maybe he can get a doctor stoppage before Jones hellbows him into oblivion.

Thanks for the video.

God I can't wait for Saturday!!

Thanks for the video.

God I can't wait for Saturday!!

Same here :), I cant wait to watch the UFC 165 primetime(featuring more of Gus sparring) and the weigh ins.

I like Gus, A lot more now that we've been able see a more in depth look at him, but honestly I see him getting front kicked to the knee early and often an I think that's gonna take his power out of striking and his TDD away. If jones cant get the best of him on his feet, He will take it to the mat and I cant see Gus being able to stop him the whole fight. The elbows jones throws are nasty. I dunno I hope this is at least a good fight, but even tho IMO its a long shot, i'm still pulling for Gus.

I think Gus is going to make Jones look very vulnerable standing. Gus is a hard nosed guy who doesn't mind getting hit to land one, and I see Jon struggling on the feet with an opponent who is just as big and long as he is, and who also young, fast and hungry. Obviously if Jones gets a quick take down it could spell doom for the Swede, I would not want that monster on top of me.

I can't wait for this fight!

The problem is that Jon Jones is much more dangerous in the ground so..................... But Gustafsson, bring your viking heritage!

The problem is that Jon Jones is much more dangerous in the ground so..................... But Gustafsson, bring your viking heritage!

Jones will not be able to keep him down, it is as simple as that. Alex have already said he will probably be taken down but he have full confidence he will just stand up.

Back