Alexander Gustafsson sparring video for UFC 165(Vid.Inside)

SCIRCA

King of Kings
@purple
Reaction score

I have a feeling, this is going to be a beat down ending with a stoppage in Gustafsson's favor, btw includes a sick Juan Manuel Marquez(2:14-2:16) moment at the end of the video. Dat_counter :cool:

Last edited:
[YT]r7M1Gjw-x_A[/YT]

I have a feeling, this is going to be a beat down ending with a stoppage in Gustafsson's favor, btw includes a sick Juan Manuel Marquez moment at the end of the video. Dat_counter :cool:

I have a feeling, you are sloppy at embedding.

Nice to see he's still applying the ''wacky hand flops and back padling''' when he's under fire.

No teriyaki in this world is going to prevent Gus from getting knocked/choked the F out on saturday.

He can be happy he dodged Mousasi to fight for the title.

Nice to see he's still applying the ''wacky hand flops and back padling''' when he's under fire.

No teriyaki in this world is going to prevent Gus from getting knocked/choked the F out on saturday.

LOL @ knocked out!

its called Baiting, you wouldn't understand that.

Gus is a likeable character imo. I hope he does well against Jones. But I don't know if he can handle the overall skillset that JBJ brings.

Howd you do it lol,

just copy the part after the = and paste it between the yt tags.
for example
youtube.com/watch?v=blahblahjustbleedomgufcforuvvverblahblah

copy the 'blahblahjustbleedomgufcforuvvverblahblah' and put that between the yt tags.

i figured it out. Thx guys :). Now enjoy the video.

Who was the short little asian dude he sparred with? How is that going to help him?

Thanks for posting this , I'm picking Jones to finish him by TKO, but I'll be rooting for Gustaf

If Jones gets froggy and tries to strike with Gustafsson then Gus WILL catch him and put him down. The question truly is, just how good is Jones' chin and recovery? I have a very, very good feeling we'll be finding out. :cool: Jones will want to try and take Gustafsson down immediately, if not, after he gets tagged nice and hard with a straight punch (jab or cross). If he struggles to take Alex down (which I think will happen) then he's going to take some damage before his next takedown attempt and so on. Gus will move around him, dance around him like Ali, pick his shots, use his footwork, speed, angles and get his timing and rhythm going.

Even if Jones is able to take Alex down, he isn't assured to do a ton of damage from the top or get a sub. Alex is very strong and avoids GnP well. He could nullify Jones' GnP from guard, Anderson is pretty damn good at this (thanks to the 2nd Chael fight). This is also why Weidman didn't enter his guard when he GnP'd him to start, that way Anderson couldn't tie him up and wait for the standup or until the clock ran out. Unlike Anderson though, Alex is very good at getting back to his feet. We'll see if he can against Jones, assuming Jones can take him down at all.

If Jones gets froggy and tries to strike with Gustafsson then Gus WILL catch him and put him down. The question truly is, just how good is Jones' chin and recovery? I have a very, very good feeling we'll be finding out. :cool: Jones will want to try and take Gustafsson down immediately, if not, after he gets tagged nice and hard with a straight punch (jab or cross). If he struggles to take Alex down (which I think will happen) then he's going to take some damage before his next takedown attempt and so on. Gus will move around him, dance around him like Ali, pick his shots, use his footwork, speed, angles and get his timing and rhythm going.
Even if Jones is able to take Alex down, he isn't assured to do a ton of damage from the top or get a sub. Alex is very strong and avoids GnP well. He could nullify Jones' GnP from guard, Anderson is pretty damn good at this (thanks to the 2nd Chael fight). This is also why Weidman didn't enter his guard when he GnP'd him to start, that way Anderson couldn't tie him up and wait for the standup or until the clock ran out. Unlike Anderson though, Alex is very good at getting back to his feet. We'll see if he can against Jones, assuming Jones can take him down at all.

You read it wrong. Gus is in the blue shorts, Jones is in the black.

Back