Alexander Gustafsson planning UFC comeback

He's likely broke and needs the money. He once said that opening a night club was "being smart with his money"....

I seriously doubt it. He's made a decent amount of cash considering he never won a title and doesn't have a flashy lifestyle. Also got the impression he made some pretty decent sponsorship deals and i know he owns some good estate here in sweden. If he's broke, I don't know what he could possibly have spent his cash on living that quiet family life.

I think it's more driven by not being able to let go of the fighting + Can't stand leaving the game on such a lacklustre performance.

Knowing MMA-fans, if he makes a comeback - most fans will create huge exaggerations based on whatever the result of his first fight is.
If he loses people will deem him useless, if he wins some will argue he's a likely future champ.

My prediction for Gus is that if he fights 3 times he'll likely win 2 and lose 1.

He should be able to beat the average top10 fighter.
On a good day he can come very close to beating the very elite.
On a rare and unusually great day he could become champ.
But he's prone to making fight-ending mistakes and is a bit inconsitent (see his striking vs Blachowicz) so I doubt he could ever have a long win streak. he will lose badly within a few fights.

Last edited:
Just reading up on whats hes been up to. Couple of quotes from april:

“I’m (going to be) honest with you. I’m 33 years old and I feel like I’ve got a couple more years in me. I just have to do it correctly this time. I was actually looking to go to America before this coronavirus (expletive) happened. To go there and train just to get the feeling again and change the environment. Can’t give a yes or a no, but I’m training and it feels good.”

“It’s a mental thing. I love to be at home and I feel very comfortable being at home around my kids, and I go to the gym. We have some really tough guys in the gym. But you train with the same guys too long and you start knowing what the guys are going to do. That’s why we’re looking – not even for a fight camp – just go out there to America and train."

“I want to get tested again and get that feeling of being in deep waters. It motivates me a lot, too. It’s definitely a mental thing for me. I’m always prepared – my conditioning is always there and my strength, but it’s a mental thing. It’s not about age in this sport. I feel like I need to get out there in the deep waters again and test my skills against many guys and get better as a fighter, then see what’s next.”-

Will he ever get back to the level where he fought DC and Jones 1. I hope he makes a comeback but just feel like he needs to make a permanent switch to a better camp/gym as he said hes way to comfortable where he is.
Felt like he just gave up in his last 2 fights as soon as the fight hit the mat.

I'm pretty sure his best years are behind him but oh well that's life. I wish him the best but he needs a change of pace from whatever contributed to his last performance or he's going to be left with those nagging what if's. Just do it correctly man or the 'what if's' are always going to haunt you.

lol, that photo is great.

He should stick with reality TV; much better for his health:

1572577289_maxresdefault.jpg

He is done

LHW is weak anyway but he won't do anything special

Forgot he retired, thought he was just injured from losing 5 of his last 8 fights. Bellator awaits.

Better he stay home with his pretty wife because Rumble is coming back too, unless he's fully over his CBBG condition he's safer watching from the couch...

PerkyPastAfricancivet.gif

Can't Beat Black Guys
giphy.gif

He had no motivation & didn’t want to fight years ago. just wants a paycheck condit style. Sad.

His greatest accomplishments are both losses. Stay gone.

He won every round against the current number 2, Blachowicz.
He also stopped the current number 6, Glover.

Back