Alexander Gustafsson, Phil Davis call BS on bizarre Anderson Silva knockout video

Fighter123

Brown Belt
Reaction score
MMAfighting.com posted an article recently about what they described as a "strange video of Anderson Silva apparently knocking out a training partner with a knee." They indicated that the video aired on Brazilian television this week, was posted on Twitter, and has stirred up many questions about its validity.

Among those questioning the validity of the video are Phil Davis and Alexander Gustafsson, who train at Alliance Gym, and their head coach, Eric Del Fierro. Here are their responses to the video:

"He didn't look knocked out to me," said Phil Davis. "And if he is knocked out, why is [Anderson Silva] still hitting him?"

"[Anderson Silva] probably gave him a hundred bucks after practice," said Alexander Gustafsson.

And Eric Del Fierro did not like the way the video looked: "I would have quit that gym right then and there [if he were Silva's training partner, was actually knocked out, then hit several times on the ground afterwards, and no one jumped in to help him].

Here is the video:

https://vine.co/v/ODH0EVLEZVI

So, what do you think? Was this a real knockout? Or was it staged?

And are Gustaffson, Davis, and Del Fierro being fair with their comments, or are they being ridiculous?

Your thoughts?

They're right. Brazilians gonna Brazil

It is a bizarre video. Perhaps it was a training exercise for sharpening his followup ground and pound after a flash KO/knockdown?

It is a bizarre video. Perhaps it was a training exercise for sharpening his followup ground and pound after a flash KO/knockdown?

Looks like this. Video is a little choppy but the shots after didn't look to be with full effort.

Even the KO looked off.

Well let's pretend for a second you are that sparring partner.

You are there to help Anderson get ready.
Cameras roll, and catch him knocking you out.. And he keeps hitting you because there is no ref.

Either :
1. It's staged
2. Anderson is a lowlife for hitting a guy who's there to help him after he knocked him out.

I wanna believe it's 1. Watching past videos and Like water, Anderson always seemed very kind to his sparring partners.

I figured they were just training finishes or something. I don't think they're trying to fake it. It was just a drill of some sort.

I'm pretty sure that isn't anderson.

Doesn't look like the place he usually trains in during videos.

Aside from being black and bald, I think the guys body looks quite different.

Definitely not a KO; could be a drill more than likely

Fuckin duh lol. It was a fucking promo. Alliance MMA being the shitheads who still say "you know that wrestling is fake, right?"

Anderson kneed the guy into an interplanetary consciousness, which the guy could not handle. Anderson had to keep hitting him to bring him back to Earth. If Big John had been refereeing the guy's body would be on this plant but his conscious being would be in a distant galaxy.

Well let's pretend for a second you are that sparring partner.

You are there to help Anderson get ready.
Cameras roll, and catch him knocking you out.. And he keeps hitting you because there is no ref.

Either :
1. It's staged
2. Anderson is a lowlife for hitting a guy who's there to help him after he knocked him out.

I wanna believe it's 1. Watching past videos and Like water, Anderson always seemed very kind to his sparring partners.

Who stages something to make themself look like a douche bag? If it was stage why not just settle with the KO?

They're right. Brazilians gonna Brazil

I like how they speeded up the video too. Andy looked slow in his last couple fights. Not even sure if he was fast vs bonnar because he was fighting bonnar who is a slow LHW

Was it actually Anderson and company claiming it was a knockout? Or did someone just repost it saying OMGOMG Anderson knocked this guy out!!1

Back