Alexander Gustafsson on Jon Jones Rematch: 'It'll Be a Finish'

Well you have about 2 mods who hate on Jones like he slept with their mom so there you go...

I'll go check but I'm pretty sure all the Jones fans already took the crosses. So I guess you'll have to craft your own.

How the hell can some of you say Jones will finish Gus? Did you not see their first fight? Did you not see Jones last fight? Gus is alot better then Glover. The only one getting a finish is Gus in that rematch, if someone is getting it.

I predict the fight: Gus will pressure alot more in this fight, Jones will move backwards and his defence is pretty bad when going backwards. He will get hit by longer combos ala TJ vs Barao. Mark my words.

How the hell can some of you say Jones will finish Gus? Did you not see their first fight? Did you not see Jones last fight? Gus is alot better then Glover. The only one getting a finish is Gus in that rematch, if someone is getting it.

I predict the fight: Gus will pressure alot more in this fight, Jones will move backwards and his defence is pretty bad when going backwards. He will get hit by longer combos ala TJ vs Barao. Mark my words.

Easy they use logic. Which involves one fighter being rocked in their first fight, while the other was hit just as hard and never wobbled or was rocked at all.

Everyone thinks Gus will finish Jones just like how everyone thought Anderson Silva would get beat by Chael Sonnen in the 2nd fight. NOPE. Jones beats Gus again. Gus gets his paycheck. Of course this dude is gonna keep saying "I will finish!" no one will give two craps if he said "Yeah, it might go to decision again." He obviously is going to say the more hyped way to finish the fight to get his shot and paycheck.

I believe that Gus will look for that finish. I think that someone will get finished in this fight because of this. I think that Alex has the advantage in this fight. I think that confidence of knowing that your take down defence holds up well in addition to knowing that you can get up without too much difficulty, will just give him room to operate more freely standing up.

Everyone thinks Gus will finish Jones just like how everyone thought Anderson Silva would get beat by Chael Sonnen in the 2nd fight. NOPE. Jones beats Gus again. Gus gets his paycheck. Of course this dude is gonna keep saying "I will finish!" no one will give two craps if he said "Yeah, it might go to decision again." He obviously is going to say the more hyped way to finish the fight to get his shot and paycheck.

1. Gus is a much, much better fighter the chael. 2. chael is mentally weak and a quitter, you have to KO alex to make him stop. 3. He does not have to say anything to hype this fight, his effort made sure of that.

Easy they use logic. Which involves one fighter being rocked in their first fight, while the other was hit just as hard and never wobbled or was rocked at all.

Hit just as hard? You cant be that stupid. Gus did a lot of damage based on many shots. Jones connected with a few elbows that had way more power. The thing is this, alex is going to keep tagging jones, and worse this time around i believe, while Jones elbow opportunity is gone.

The thing is, that is what Alex should be saying. All through his career his style has been aimed at finishing, following the same principle as Gunnar Nelson that a situation you can finish is always the safest option.

The other thing is, Alex wasn't sure he could do that to Jones, without being dominated in the grappling. But now he feels confident, if you guys think his character is fake because he's saying he wants to finish your boy, then you're more disillusioned than I thought.

Alexander will always aim to finish from this point on, count on it!

Whether or not Gus is just answering questions that are asked him, he's definitely bought into his own hype and he's talking a huge game. In a way, the onus is on him to perform now. Jones isn't saying much. He has the title. He has a win over Gus. He'll probably show up and fight.

Every other day it's 'sign the contract' this... 'stop delaying' that... I'm going to 'finish', etc. etc.

Everyone knows you're getting the title shot next. Just be quiet man. C'mon...

Cause hyping the fight is stupid. :icon_lol:

Also agree, but this is sherdog and most people here are always looking for reasons to hate on Jones.

This whole thing is starting to look like Silva-Sonnen 2, what with all the unneeded poor trash talk and laughable accusations of fear and ducking. Gus knows he is next, just like Sonnen knew he was this is just unnecessary and not in Gus's normal character. I'm surprised the Jones haters aren't calling him out for this false character...or maybe this is real Gus and he wasn't as humble as Jones haters originally made him out. Either way, more hypocrisy

What makes you think this is fake? He believed in himself the last time and he believes in himself even more this time around. He has to.

I think the fight will end in a finish, but not sure by who. If Gus can really be the first man to not only defeat Jones but finish him, wow. I'm expecting a Bones win sadly...

Is Jones still unable to say Gus name?

Usually he likes to visualize himself beating his opponent, but in Gus case it seems he likes to visualize a place where Gus doesn't exist.

They just have to fight to take away all the speculations

You cry about fighter bashing when people quote actual events and then turn around and invent a woman beating on your end.

The Jones fanbase is basically like every serial killer in history. Some dude calls you names in school and then as a "measured reproach" you end up sitting in your mother's home with a chopped off head in your lap, pulling on it's tongue in the hopes it'll get you off. :wink:

Back