Alexander Gustafsson on Jon Jones Rematch: 'It'll Be a Finish'

oh i see, youre a jon jones fan

bro, just some months ago he was trying to matchmake the whole lhw division

and hes always "ah i dont think gus deserves bla bla bla"

and he hasnt duck cause ufc enforces him to fight the #1, cause if he could have his way it wouldnt be like that

No. See, I'm not a Jones fan. I'm just not biased.

See, you're a Gus fan and can't see the forest from the trees. You're entitled to your opinion.

You could be right, but I'm not hating on Gus. He's confident in his ability. He performed great last fight and nearly won a fight that was razor thin (I thought it went to Jones, but wouldn't have been bothered at all if they gave it to Alexander). He has to be confident in his ability to fight this well and at this level. This is a brutal sport and honestly, he could just be answering directly what someone is asking him.

That said, just let your fighting do the talking. Jones has been doing that lately. He's scrutinized for everything he does or says. Imagine if Jones was saying this shit, he'd be getting lambasted in here for being cocky and disrespectful. It's a two way street, but people keep driving one way in this forum. It's hilariously sad and predictable.

I know you're not hating on Gus, neither am I. I've cheered for him in every fight but the Jones fight and his fight with Jones was an epic 5 round war. Gus has never been so vocal and it just sounds weird for him to be playing the Sonnen-esque role, especially since it isn't needed. People are already extremely hyped about the fight, some fake trash talk isn't going to be adding any more PPV buys.

IF the UFC marketing is pressuring him to be like this to sell buys they should instead just show the first fight for free on Fox sports. If seeing the first fight doesn't make you want to see this, nothing will

Gus was way to cautious of the myth of jones the first fight. He has nothing at all to worry about and now knows it. Jones will stall with that contract and find his way out of it. DC vs. Gus will happen now. Jones don't want that rematch. He knows what will happen if it does.

Gus was way to cautious of the myth of jones the first fight. He has nothing at all to worry about and now knows it. Jones will stall with that contract and find his way out of it. DC vs. Gus will happen now. Jones don't want that rematch. He knows what will happen if it does.

This entire post is hyperbole.

How was Gus cautious? He took Jones down early and won the early rounds. That would contradict your point.

Jones is stalling while in negotiations for a company contract? You realize it's not a contract for a single fight, right?

Dana has been talking about Jones/Gus taking place in a Swedish stadium. He's said it's next. Everyone knows it's next. Gus/DC?

Holy bullshit.

I'll exit the thread so the Jones haters/Gus fanboys can blow each other.

Are there any sane Gus fans out there? lol

Whether or not Gus is just answering questions that are asked him, he's definitely bought into his own hype and he's talking a huge game.

Do you make this stuff up as you go along or..?

He seemed pretty confident to me before 165.

If past fights are of any help,it doesn't matter what a fighter says.The moment of truth will unfold once the cage gates open and the fight starts.Oftentimes,in any kind of endeavor,you have to have overwhelming confidence in yourself bordering on arrogance or irrational belief to achieve your goal.
I speculate Gus would rather train in the gym than talk about what he's gonna do.However,he might be instructed by the UFC brass to talk a big game to hype the fight as much as possible.

Jones takes the rematch. Gus's face at the end of the fight will be a mixture of confusion and loss. He's buying into himself too much, IMO.

I think Jones will finish Gus but I hope I'm wrong.

Gus may not want to rush this fight.
If he looses again to Jones. He will be professionally stuck, and may have to move to heavyweight like Chael did from MW.

Whether or not Gus is just answering questions that are asked him, he's definitely bought into his own hype and he's talking a huge game. In a way, the onus is on him to perform now. Jones isn't saying much. He has the title. He has a win over Gus. He'll probably show up and fight.

Every other day it's 'sign the contract' this... 'stop delaying' that... I'm going to 'finish', etc. etc.

Everyone knows you're getting the title shot next. Just be quiet man. C'mon...

It's almost as if he is hyping up a fight or something. Crazy.

Ive got a gut feeling a shitstorm is brewing and Jones is going to unleash on gus in the rematch. I'm feeling a 1st round TKO similar to the sonnen fight.

Gus will TKO JJ in the 2nd round and sherdog will crash.

i see gus landing a stiff hand at jones and jones falls flat and gus ground and pound and gus does backflip and fails and then i woke up

Funny. Jones won the first fight by rallying in rounds 4 and 5, guess he wanted it more

And that was the only thing you came up with after ughugh completely owned you and substance abuse with his only post, lol. Gus is confident, he has always been like that, wtf you are talking about here..

And that was the only thing you came up with after ughugh completely owned you and substance abuse with his only post, lol. Gus is confident, he has always been like that, wtf you are talking about here..

Also thought this.

As long as there's a finish, I'm fine with that. Gus won last fight but lost because of judges, I don't want it to go to them again, we have seen what they can do. I'd be fine with a Jon Jones finish as well. No need for more controversial bs.

I'm genetically programmed to hate the swedes, but this time I have to root for the rightful owner of the belt even though he is from Sweden.

Recent picture of Jones fans
wwI-trench_2408716b.jpg

Back