Alexander Gustafsson on Jon Jones Rematch: 'It'll Be a Finish'

pcbh

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2080962-alexander-gustafsson-on-jon-jones-rematch-itll-be-a-finish

"I learned a lot from that fight. As a person, I learned that I could push myself. ...

We beat each other up. Now I know that we can push hard. I know that I can take a spinning elbow and keep going. I know now that he's not a super human. I know he's beatable. ... He knows now, it's a bad fight for him. I think I'm a little bit in his head. I know that I can beat him. ... It'll be a finish. I've done the distance thing before and I don't do it again. A finish and I'm taking that belt."

Whether or not Gus is just answering questions that are asked him, he's definitely bought into his own hype and he's talking a huge game. In a way, the onus is on him to perform now. Jones isn't saying much. He has the title. He has a win over Gus. He'll probably show up and fight.

Every other day it's 'sign the contract' this... 'stop delaying' that... I'm going to 'finish', etc. etc.

Everyone knows you're getting the title shot next. Just be quiet man. C'mon...

i believe in the future lhw GOAT

i'll believe it when i see it.

Whether or not Gus is just answering questions that are asked him, he's definitely bought into his own hype and he's talking a huge game. In a way, the onus is on him to perform now. Jones isn't saying much. He has the title. He has a win over Gus. He'll probably show up and fight.

Every other day it's 'sign the contract' this... 'stop delaying' that... I'm going to 'finish', etc. etc.

Agreed.

not really sure about that, but

and im not that sure hes getting the next title shot, what if jj demands johnson? or some other person

i just believe when its signed and when ufc makes it official

I do expect a finish. But not from Gus.

Jones beats Alex and the butthurt grows 10x worse on here.

not really sure about that, but

Yeah, keep sticking to that 'ducking', 'avoiding', 'begging for another fight' perspective.

Jones hasn't ducked anyone.

He's the new Anderson. Ducks everyone he ends up fighting. This shit is hilarious.

I like Gustaffson. He's a great fighter. He's continually surprising the shit out of me with his wonderful performances, but you Gus fans/Jones haters (I can't discern between the two half the time) need to get a grip.

Jones beats Alex and the butthurt grows 10x worse on here.

If Jones beats Gus, it's going to take a long, long time for Gus to get another title shot, close fight or not. No one ever mentions this.

Also agree, but this is sherdog and most people here are always looking for reasons to hate on Jones.

This whole thing is starting to look like Silva-Sonnen 2, what with all the unneeded poor trash talk and laughable accusations of fear and ducking. Gus knows he is next, just like Sonnen knew he was this is just unnecessary and not in Gus's normal character. I'm surprised the Jones haters aren't calling him out for this false character...or maybe this is real Gus and he wasn't as humble as Jones haters originally made him out. Either way, more hypocrisy

Yep, Gus will finish Jones this time for sure.

Gus is the true UFC LHW Champ!!!

Yeah, keep sticking to that 'ducking', 'avoiding', 'begging for another fight' perspective.

Jones hasn't ducked anyone.

He's the new Anderson. Ducks everyone he ends up fighting. This shit is hilarious.

I like Gustaffson. He's a great fighter. He's continually surprising the shit out of me with his wonderful performances, but you Gus fans/Jones haters (I can't discern between the two half the time) need to get a grip.

oh i see, youre a jon jones fan

bro, just some months ago he was trying to matchmake the whole lhw division

and hes always "ah i dont think gus deserves bla bla bla"

and he hasnt duck cause ufc enforces him to fight the #1, cause if he could have his way it wouldnt be like that

Also agree, but this is sherdog and most people here are always looking for reasons to hate on Jones.

This whole thing is starting to look like Silva-Sonnen 2, what with all the unneeded poor trash talk and laughable accusations of fear and ducking. Gus knows he is next, just like Sonnen knew he was this is just unnecessary and not in Gus's normal character. I'm surprised the Jones haters aren't calling him out for this false character...or maybe this is real Gus and he wasn't as humble as Jones haters originally made him out.

You could be right, but I'm not hating on Gus. He's confident in his ability. He performed great last fight and nearly won a fight that was razor thin (I thought it went to Jones, but wouldn't have been bothered at all if they gave it to Alexander). He has to be confident in his ability to fight this well and at this level. This is a brutal sport and honestly, he could just be answering directly what someone is asking him.

That said, just let your fighting do the talking. Jones has been doing that lately. He's scrutinized for everything he does or says. Imagine if Jones was saying this shit, he'd be getting lambasted in here for being cocky and disrespectful. It's a two way street, but people keep driving one way in this forum. It's hilariously sad and predictable.

He's got that right.

Looking forward to seeing Gus get his skull cracked open by Jones' elbows.

Back