Alexander Gustafsson is the perfect arch-nemesis for Jon Jones

Psychedelic

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
An equally skilled, young, and cocky fighter who happens to be a european viking with a slightly criminal past. Their personalities are contrasting, yet have a lot in common. The rivalry between these two will be legendary in the future years of the LHW division.

gustafsson-lands-uppercut-on-jon-jones-shad-face-jones-face.jpg

No it won't. Gus had his chance to beat Jones at his most complacent. He didn't. The rematch will be a lot different now that Jones knows what to expect and what to prepare for.

No it won't. Gus had his chance to beat Jones at his most complacent. He didn't. The rematch will be a lot different now that Jones knows what to expect and what to prepare for.

lol @ this reply. Excuses much? Gus and Jones are evenly matched and Gus gave him a beating the 1st time because he's capable of giving him a beating. Deal with it.

Talk is cheap, hope you put your money where your mouth is. Although I do partially agree with you that Jones will come in better, but don't ignore the fact that Gus will too

So Jones now knows what to expect and to prepare for but the same cannot be said about Gustafsson?
Sorry but "your logic is flawed" :)

Gus did lose the first time around but he did takedown Jones twice, something that DC wasn't able to do and he did a lot more damage to Jones than anyone else has.

I wouldn't pick him in a second fight, but he does seem like the most interesting challenge.

I'm interested in that rematch. Hopefully Gus gets passed Rumble. I think Gus 2 is really the last challenge I see for Jon Jones. If Jon wins against Gus 2, I don't see anyone stopping him. He is gonna surpass Fedor, Anderson, and GSP.

Totally agree. I actually think Rumble might be a bigger threat just because of his incredible KO power.

Jones clearly is a better fighter than Gus.

I hate Jones but he had Gus hurt badly in the 4th round whereas Gus's pitter patter punches didn't do anything except score points and induce superficial damage to Jones's face.

If Gus had one hit KO power it would be a different story. Unfortunately, he doesn't. Outpointing the champion is an extremely hard thing to do.

were-not-so-different-you-and-i-300x300.jpg

Also, they both have a major beard, both literally and figuratively speaking. People don't credit them enough for that. Jones proved in the Gud and DC fights that he can take serious blows without being phased, and Gus has shown that many times, as well.

Gus won that first match. It was a striking match - and Gus outstruck him. And people forget so easily: Jones did not want that fight to be on its feet. He tried, what, a dozen takedown attempts? He wanted it off the feet so bad and he couldn't do it. Why did he try so many takedowns? Because he was getting pummeled. He had nothing for Gus. The champ left the ring unable to walk and looking like hamburger helper. Yeah okay he totally "beat" Gus, right.

a guy who doesnt fight, so people can keep talking about him.

LOL @ "slightly criminal."

If Gus had the same kind of record in the US as a juvenile (and didn't have rich parents), he would have been sentenced as an adult and wouldn't be able to travel anywhere.

Jones clearly is a better fighter than Gus.

I hate Jones but he had Gus hurt badly in the 4th round whereas Gus's pitter patter punches didn't do anything except score points and induce superficial damage to Jones's face.

If Gus had one hit KO power it would be a different story. Unfortunately, he doesn't. Outpointing the champion is an extremely hard thing to do.

Not going to feed you.

Gus won that first match. It was a striking match - and Gus outstruck him. And people forget so easily: Jones did not want that fight to be on its feet. He tried, what, a dozen takedown attempts? He wanted it off the feet so bad and he couldn't do it. Why did he try so many takedowns? Because he was getting pummeled. He had nothing for Gus. The champ left the ring unable to walk and looking like hamburger helper. Yeah okay he totally "beat" Gus, right.

Though I wish you were right (Gus is my second favorite LHW behind Rumble), Within the rules of MMA, accepted by all participants (not necessarily supported, but they know and agree to the rules), Gus didn't win the fight. The judges, Fightmetric (arguably the most credible), and almost every respected publication had Jones winning the fight, based on how MMA scoring works. There were some that put Gus as their winner, sure, but the majority did not. I want to see a second fight between them, as I believe Gus could take it, but I also want to be rational in that the rules and scoring are no surprise to anyone, and under those rules/scoring, Bones won. Now, if the refs would man up and start taking points for eye pokes, that would be great, but nobody likes a decision win due to points removed. I would much rather see Gus win a decision or get a stoppage with no referee assistance. First he's got Rumble, though. I wish they didn't have to fight so they could be Jones's next 2 fights.

Nice post.

But....is there crime in sweden apart from piratebay?

I thought it was paradise over there.

DO people just look at Jones' face at the end of the fight and base their decisions on that? Did they watch the fight? Gus doesn't have the power to KO jones. He doesnt have the cardio or heart to stay with Jones for all 5 rounds. Jones haters only have one hope, a lucky shot from a monster like Rumble.

An equally skilled, young, and cocky fighter who happens to be a european viking with a slightly criminal past. Their personalities are contrasting, yet have a lot in common. The rivalry between these two will be legendary in the future years of the LHW division.

gustafsson-lands-uppercut-on-jon-jones-shad-face-jones-face.jpg

Love the pic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back