Alexander Gustafsson Is Not Impressed W/ Bones

Jones has shown in his last few fights how bad his defense really is when pressured. Amazing at stopping you from getting off offence, but once you actually start hitting him he just takes it or drops his head into bad positions for uppercuts.

Agreed but the thing is his opponents are eating shots the whole time to and he's wearing them down not the other way around. Lets remember in both the Gus and DC fight it was his opponents that got tired not Jones. Gus literally ate like 4-5 head kicks in fifth round he was so tired he bent over and placed his hands on his hips. I can't remember the last time I saw a high level fighter like Gus do something like that.

To be fair both Jones and DC looked like crap.

Watching them fight made me think anyone could beat them.Even Lil Nog lol

It was weird as fu**.

I was expecting such a great fight,but both look gassed after the first 15 seconds and then looked like they were fighting in slow motion.

1z3xrae.gif

I must have missed what this gesture means. Anybody?
Thanks!

Jones looked good against Cormier IMO. At his best if you ask me.

Cormier himself is no slouch and that's the reason why it wasn't a convincing Matt Hamill beat down.

I wanna see the rematch but at this point I think Gus must take it to the next level if he wants to beat Jones.

When ever Gus fights anybody at the top of the LHW division he loses. He is just not top 10 fighter material.

Gus got beat down by Jones.
Gus got choked out by Davis.
Gus will be getting Rumbled in a few days.

The resume of Gus is absolutely pathetic and that is why he is all hype and will get derailed and sent back down towards the bottom of the division.....yet a third time! :icon_lol:

23ldysy.jpg

jonesgus_original.jpg

jones-face.jpg

jonjones1.jpg

I disagree. I think Gus goes for the KO next time instead of cruising in the 5th thinking he was ahead on the scorecards.

I just rewatched this fight yesterday and Gus was not "cruising" in the 5th. He was still hurt from the elbow at the end of the 4th round and was trying to hold it together and not get KO'd. Here's how I scored the fight:

Round 1: Gus (takedown and landed better strikes)
Round 2: Jones (razor close, but Jones seemed to land a tiny bit more)
Round 3: Gus (he landed better, more damaging shots)
Round 4: Jones (Gus was winning this round until the elbow. I have to give this round to Jones as this was the closest either man got to finishing the fight.)
Round 5: Jones (Gus was still hurt and was trying to survive for most of the round, though still had his moments)

For me it all comes down to round 2, which was so close that I wouldn't argue to decision either way. And I hate Jones and love Gus.

I'd love to see a rematch!

When ever Gus fights anybody at the top of the LHW division he loses. He is just not top 10 fighter material.

Gus got beat down by Jones.
Gus got choked out by Davis.
Gus will be getting Rumbled in a few days.

The resume of Gus is absolutely pathetic and that is why he is all hype and will get derailed and sent back down towards the bottom of the division.....yet a third time! :icon_lol:

Seems like you dont know anything about Gus,
He use to be the only star at his own gym in Sweden, got beaten easily by Davis.
Since then he moved to the US and start to train with other elite fighter he's a complet new fighter.
You can expect him to keep improving alot.

He had a super close fight with JBJ, where he clearly won 2 rounds and JBJ got more hurt than Gus did. The doctors even wanted to stop the fight but Jon begged not to.

I think Jones is an amazing fighter, but I don't think ANYONE was impressed with his performance...

Post the pic of Gus with the belt.

Why would I do that when he doesn't have a belt? :D

I was quoting him saying that Gustafsson is not top10 material. Judging by his fight against the pound-for-pound #1 fighter, he is exactly that.

Why would I do that when he doesn't have a belt? :D

I was quoting him saying that Gustafsson is not top10 material. Judging by his fight against the pound-for-pound #1 fighter, he is exactly that.

Post a pic of Gus's tears.

To be fair both Jones and DC looked like crap.

Watching them fight made me think anyone could beat them.Even Lil Nog lol

It was weird as fu**.

I was expecting such a great fight,but both look gassed after the first 15 seconds and then looked like they were fighting in slow motion.

Really? I didn't see that happen.

And Jones can talk as much as he wants. He's already beat them all and they still whine and cry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back