Alexander Gustafsson Is Not Impressed W/ Bones

what you saw in the first fight was a Jones on an off-night vs the very best Gustaffson there has ever been. And part 2 will not be so favorable to the Swede.

You have inside sources, huh? :icon_lol: That's one convenient story though. It's one of the oldest in the book but a good read nonetheless.

man, i will laugh at you, sorry

you bet all these fights against jj and when you actually bet in his favor you will lose

:icon_lol:

if this happens, it will be a sign from the gods to just stop betting forever.

Gus will fight Jones in the rematch how he fought guys like Diabate, but with his much improved TDD and sub defence, and sharper striking. It will be a truly brutal fight, win or lose. Much more brutal than their point sparring match they had at UFC 165.

I think the main difference you'll see if there's a Jones/Gus rematch is how much Jones now trusts his chin. And I think the biggest difference that will make is that Jones won't be as wary of wading through the shots Gus throws to make it a clinch fight.

I think Jones pushes forward more, gets his hands on Gus, and puts Gus on his back more in the rematch. As well as Gus fought the first time, I think it's a bit less competitive in the rematch, though Gus will still have his chances. He's a good enough striker to land something that could change the course of the fight.

if this happens, it will be a sign from the gods to just stop betting forever.

:icon_lol:

Gus will fight Jones in the rematch how he fought guys like Diabate, but with his much improved TDD and sub defence, and sharper striking. It will be a truly brutal fight, win or lose. Much more brutal than their point sparring match they had at UFC 165.

I think the main difference you'll see if there's a Jones/Gus rematch is how much Jones now trusts his chin. And I think the biggest difference that will make is that Jones won't be as wary of wading through the shots Gus throws to make it a clinch fight.

I think Jones pushes forward more, gets his hands on Gus, and puts Gus on his back more in the rematch. As well as Gus fought the first time, I think it's a bit less competitive in the rematch, though Gus will still have his chances. He's a good enough striker to land something that could change the course of the fight.

gus will go in full power mode when given the possibility and it will be ugly for jones

He's probably unimpressed because Bones didn't knock his ass out after softening up that doughboy body.

Let him get smashed by DC and then let's see how impressed he is then.

Who was impressed with jones's performance last night? Basically won the fight via wall and stall, or as another poster said "clinch and pinch".

I was impressed- grudgingly, I admit- for the first 3 rounds.
Those last 2 were really disappointing, though. Fight was shaping up to be really great and then fell off hard. Herb should have separated them. I hate inactive clinching so much more than lay and pray.

Let him get smashed by DC and then let's see how impressed he is then.

Jon exposed DC as easily tamed, slowed, & winded with body blows Gus got equally the same limb length to imitate. DC needs to do some solid core training tighten up that bread basket firm up them obliques for battle.

Who was the 1 on a stretcher after that fight?

He was on a stretcher because he hurt himself from a strike he landed on Gus.

You actually think Gussy beat him up so bad he needed a stretcher? lol, that's cute.

When ever Gus fights anybody at the top of the LHW division he loses. He is just not top 10 fighter material.

Gus got beat down by Jones.
Gus got choked out by Davis.
Gus will be getting Rumbled in a few days.

The resume of Gus is absolutely pathetic and that is why he is all hype and will get derailed and sent back down towards the bottom of the division.....yet a third time! :icon_lol:

i see a lot of jones huggers saying jones had an off night and gus had his best night.

that's far from the truth, gus fought scared and still sent jones to the hospital hooked up to machines monitoring his vitals.
It's actually pretty close to the truth, by any objective (somewhat) measure. The odds leading up to the event proved the contest was an anomaly. Jones was around -800, and Gus +600. To lend perspective, those numbers approach Silva vs Bonnar, in expectations. If the JJ/Gus fight was somehow an accurate reflection of their expected performances, the betting lines wouldn't have been so insanely lopsided. That Gus' career catapulted because this fight, and it has been his non-stop story since 2013, is also telling.

Regardless, Jones just passed his test with flying colors, in beating one of the top guys in the sport. Gus will face his big test in AJ, and we'll get to see how he has developed.

When ever Gus fights anybody at the top of the LHW division he loses. He is just not top 10 fighter material.

Son please... last time Gus lost a fight was in 2010 (caught by a submission). Oh, and there's the Jones fight, where many think he won... :)

You're full of it

It's actually pretty close to the truth, by any objective (somewhat) measure. The odds leading up to the event proved the contest was an anomaly. Jones was around -800, and Gus +600. To lend perspective, those numbers approach Silva vs Bonnar, in expectations. If the JJ/Gus fight was somehow an accurate reflection of their expected performances, the betting lines wouldn't have been so insanely lopsided. That Gus' career catapulted because this fight, and it has been his non-stop story since 2013, is also telling.

Regardless, Jones just passed his test with flying colors, in beating one of the top guys in the sport. Gus will face his big test in AJ, and we'll get to see how he has developed.

Good point.
Id add. People thought Gus was such an easy fight, Jones was ducking Machida (Who punched him once before getting destroyed) to fight Gus.

Chael's Vegas odds were better than Gustafsson, which is extremely telling.

What kind of crack are you smoking? The Jones that fought Gus was by far the worst Jones I've ever seen, DC would lay Gus a filthy beating, Gus will get submitted next time early on

Why was that the worst Jones?

Because he was getting beat up on the feet and couldn't take Gus down?
That's got nothing to do with Gus?

Gustafsson needs to shut up, he didn't even stand in the ring with Cormier. He's become disrespectful and overconfident since he lost to Jones and yes, he lost, he kind of reminds me of Hendricks after GSP.

Stupid Viking...!!

Why was that the worst Jones?

Because he was getting beat up on the feet and couldn't take Gus down?
That's got nothing to do with Gus?

Yea I don't like that argument it's stupid. It's kind of like DC that was the worst DC we've ever seen coincidentally he was facing the best fighter he ever has in Jones.

The one thing I was very surprised to hear about the DC fight was that Jones hasn't been training in between camps. That's a pretty big deal and now he'll be doing that. With that said we could also see more injuries from Jones because he could start to train to much.

I do agree when people say Alex hasn't been tested much in the UFC against top guys. When he has he hasn't exactly looked unstoppable. Shogun and Davis being the main ones I would point. In the Shogun fight he was eating shots that were just basically Shogun running forward at top speed throwing bombs.

This AJ fight should tell us more and I can't wait for it.

Back