Alexander Gustafsson Is Not Impressed W/ Bones

they dont want to get into it bc people will read too much into any response and decide the person isnt focused - easy media chess - but Gus is also looking to bring relevance to his match w johnson and get people talking - surprised to see you take such a stance as you seem to be a pretty smart guy

Maybe I am just tiring of how early the hype starts these days

In reality it probably doesn't matter. And I know people want to hype fights. But over-saturating people has the opposite effect imo. My feeling is just beat the guy in front of you before you start talking about the next guy. It isn't that I don't understand why he did. I would have just preferred he didn't. And I think there are smarter things to say then he said. Not that there is a high bar on shit-talk these days. But just another aspect of it why I am getting tired of it starting so early. It used to be pretty much an unspoken rule that you simply didn't talk about a future opponent when you had one already scheduled. Just some old man grumpiness maybe on my side but it has me feeling nostalgic for how things used to be so maybe I am nit-picking a little.

I also yell at kids who play on my lawn! lol

Jones has shown in his last few fights how bad his defense really is when pressured. Amazing at stopping you from getting off offence, but once you actually start hitting him he just takes it or drops his head into bad positions for uppercuts.

Yesterday one of his fans on here said that he could be our next Ali. I didn't know whether I should laugh, cry or do both. He doesn't even have proper footwork, much less boxing technique. His defense is very porous and you're correct about his reactions to getting hit in the face, he doesn't deal with that well. I'm a bit surprised he's made it this far.

LOL he looks like a Platypus in that picture. He was beat down and should've lost that fight

But he landed all those kicks to alex's arms and legs, plus his spinning elbow erased everything else that happened in the fight.

Hmm...last time gustafsson was scheduled to fight someone and got accused of overlooking that opponent, this happened:

1-1-1.gif

Yeah fighting the #11 guy is just like fighting a top 3 guy:rolleyes:

And I didn't accuse him of overlooking someone. I simply said it could possibly be an indicator. Especially when coupled with how much he has been talking at Jones since their last fight and how high on himself Gus seems to be right now. There can be a fine line between confidence and over-confidence.

Jones has shown in his last few fights how bad his defense really is when pressured. Amazing at stopping you from getting off offence, but once you actually start hitting him he just takes it or drops his head into bad positions for uppercuts.

His boxing in general is one aspect of his game that is lacking. The variety of strikes he displays during the fight compensate for it, but you can still see it.

Yes, Jones' weakness is still his boxing but that doesn't mean Gustaffson will win. Besides the kind of boxing that happened last night is different from how Gus vs Jones would go.

I've lost too much money betting against Jones so I hope theres a close line for the Gus rematch from all the dumbasses who think he has a chance.

Because what you saw in the first fight was a Jones on an off-night vs the very best Gustaffson there has ever been. And part 2 will not be so favorable to the Swede.

I've lost too much money betting against Jones so I hope theres a close line for the Gus rematch from all the dumbasses who think he has a chance.

Because what you saw in the first fight was a Jones on an off-night vs the very best Gustaffson there has ever been. And part 2 will not be so favorable to the Swede.

i see a lot of jones huggers saying jones had an off night and gus had his best night.

that's far from the truth, gus fought scared and still sent jones to the hospital hooked up to machines monitoring his vitals.

in the rematch, gus by KO easy when he commits after dominated jones for a round or 2 (again)

i see a lot of jones huggers saying jones had an off night and gus had his best night.

that's far from the truth, gus fought scared and still sent jones to the hospital hooked up to machines monitoring his vitals.

in the rematch, gus by KO easy when he commits after dominated jones for a round or 2 (again)

If he was able to knock Jones out he would have. People like you are just as bad at making excuses. Plus,you cannot accept that your man lost by the rules in a mature manner. Pathetic. I couldn't care less if Jones got mauled or went to the hospital. He WON, retained the title, and people like you are still mad. Who is in the more desired position? Think about it.

If he was able to knock Jones out he would have. People like you are just as bad at making excuses. Plus,you cannot accept that your man lost by the rules in a mature manner. Pathetic. I couldn't care less if Jones got mauled or went to the hospital. He WON, retained the title, and people like you are still mad. Who is in the more desired position? Think about it.

he didn't commit to his punches so it wasn't as likely to KO jones.

gus and just about everyone acknowledged this, and has said he is gonna go for the KO in the rematch and not fight for a decision. And as long as he can keep his TDD and commit to his power shots, he should win.

man, i will laugh at you, sorry

you bet all these fights against jj and when you actually bet in his favor you will lose

:icon_lol:

he didn't commit to his punches so it wasn't as likely to KO jones.

gus and just about everyone acknowledged this, and has said he is gonna go for the KO in the rematch and not fight for a decision. And as long as he can keep his TDD and commit to his power shots, he should win.

I guess we'll see. Anything can happen, but let's be realistic. Jones has already proven that you are going to have to damn near kill him to get that belt. If any of you actually think Gus is going to just box Jones up and take the belt with no problem you're delusional. This isn't about liking or liking Jones. It's about the pure common sense of realizing every time you bet against him, you basically lose. The man is a winner. One thing is for sure. If Gus does take the belt, I won't be spamming his threads talking trash about him like you trolls do in just about every Jones thread. Just take a look at yourselves honestly before judging the behaviour of others is all I ask. Much of this has turned into a crusade that truly makes me think Jones has driven a few of you quite mad.

I guess we'll see. Anything can happen, but let's be realistic. Jones has already proven that you are going to have to damn near kill him to get that belt. If any of you actually think Gus is going to just box Jones up and take the belt with no problem you're delusional. This isn't about liking or liking Jones. It's about the pure common sense of realizing every time you bet against him, you basically lose. The man is a winner. One thing is for sure. If Gus does take the belt, I won't be spamming his threads talking trash about him like you trolls do in just about every Jones thread. Just take a look at yourselves honestly before judging the behaviour of others is all I ask. Much of this has turned into a crusade that truly makes me think Jones has driven a few of you quite mad.

i'm not talking shit about jones, i just said this notion that the jones lovers have that he had an off night and gus fought the "fight of his life" is just a desperate attempt to accept jones getting the crap beat out of him is more of a fluke then something at very possilby will happen again.

If anything i think gus thought poorly by being scared of getting taken down, and should have commited to his shots more like he did when he KO'd manuwa. Just go after him after hitting him and getting him to backpetal.

i'm not talking shit about jones, i just said this notion that the jones lovers have that he had an off night and gus fought the "fight of his life" is just a desperate attempt to accept jones getting the crap beat out of him is more of a fluke then something at very possilby will happen again.

If anything i think gus thought poorly by being scared of getting taken down, and should have commited to his shots more like he did when he KO'd manuwa. Just go after him after hitting him and getting him to backpetal.

I swear, jones nut huggers are so delusional, it's laughable. They come up with so many lame excuses and ways to rationalize the ass whooping that jones received, then there only comeback is "well, jones won the fight." What a joke. He may have been awarded the decision by the judges (who are notorious for shit decisions), but he most certainly did not win the fight.
Then they talk about how jones had an off night, wasn't motivated, etc., etc...which is all bullshit if you listen to his rhetoric before the fight. They also claim that his game plan will be new and improved, never mind how, it's just going to be better, ok? I mean, yeah, he tried to take gustafsson done in every round, and got shrugged off nearly every time, but let's just ignore that; next time, he'll really commit to his wrestling, and through some way not yet explained, it'll work because gustafsson won't get lucky. :icon_lol:

There is a bad dude that is about to try to knock his head into another universe, he should focus on that

I swear, I call myself an MMA fan yet still don't understand how a 10-point must scoring system works and then try to mock others. Pretty stupid huh?. :icon_lol:

*fixed

Back