Alexander Gustafsson Is Not Impressed W/ Bones

The Jones of last night would not fight the same as the Jones that fights Gus. That is what makes him incredibly talented. I hate him but anyone that allows the fight that occurred last night to change their opinion (in either fighter's favour) about what the next Gus- Jones fight will look like is crazy. DC and Gus are 2 very different animals and Jones will fight them very differently. I am not a fan of Jones but even I can see that.

Always liked Gus but he chirps a little too much since the first Bones fight. He is disrespecting DC and Rumble really by showing where his focus is and by dissing Jon you are really dissing his opponent.

The Jones of last night would not fight the same as the Jones that fights Gus. That is what makes him incredibly talented. I hate him but anyone that allows the fight that occurred last night to change their opinion (in either fighter's favour) about what the next Gus- Jones fight will look like is crazy. DC and Gus are 2 very different animals and Jones will fight them very differently. I am not a fan of Jones but even I can see that.

Well, jones couldn't pull that shit against gustafsson because the mauler isn't half foot shorter than him, nor is he so so badly outmatched in the reach department.

This would have been 10000x worse had it been Jones that said it about Gus.

Way more people whining, guaranteed.

Well, jones couldn't pull that shit against gustafsson because the mauler isn't half foot shorter than him, nor is he so so badly outmatched in the reach department.

Agreed, I had Gus winning the first fight (very close and the decision was fine) and I believe the second fight will look very similar.

My point is only that last night has nothing to do with that opinion

This would have been 10000x worse had it been Jones that said it about Gus.

Way more people whining, guaranteed.

He did say it, after Gus went out and finished Manuwa in the second round.

Bet you don't even remember. that's how "bad it got" .

yea I mean he watched the fight and took hours to write a few words on social media - sherdog sleuths decide he is not focusing on his current opponent

You see champs say it all the time when asked about a potential next opponent (past the one they are facing) and they say they don't even want to talk about it as all their focus is on their next fight. I have seen Jones and Aldo both say that recently. Does the actual time spent take away from his training camp time? Of course not. Is some of it just done for perception reasons? I am sure. But it also is very possible Gus is a little too high on himself and thinks he is getting through AJ no problem and has Jones on his mind.

Gus has been showing a lot of ego since the near win/loss against Jones. And he is young and has shown some signs of immaturity still. Especially when it comes to Jones. And vice versa. but Jones has the belt. It isn't a guarantee this tweet shows Gus isn't focused. But as a fan, I don't like to even the possibility. He will have plenty of time to talk if he beats AJ. And if Jones didn't look impressive than a non-impressive looking Jones beat DC 4 rounds to 1. Kind of a shitty thing to say even from that regard. But in general I don't like this kind of talk. It is a grade-school mentality where someone looks to say something just to say it. Jones out-wrestled an Olympian, of course that is impressive. I would rather see Gus let his fights do his talking like he used to. But that is a personal preference

You see champs say it all the time when asked about a potential next opponent (past the one they are facing) and they say they don't even want to talk about it as all their focus is on their next fight. I have seen Jones and Aldo both say that recently. Does the actual time spent take away from his training camp time? Of course not. Is some of it just done for perception reasons? I am sure. But it also is very possible Gus is a little too high on himself and thinks he is getting through AJ no problem and has Jones on his mind.

Gus has been showing a lot of ego since the near win/loss against Jones. And he is young and has shown some signs of immaturity still. Especially when it comes to Jones. And vice versa. but Jones has the belt. It isn't a guarantee this tweet shows Gus isn't focused. But as a fan, I don't like to even the possibility. He will have plenty of time to talk if he beats AJ. And if Jones didn't look impressive than a non-impressive looking Jones beat DC 4 rounds to 1. Kind of a shitty thing to say even from that regard. But in general I don't like this kind of talk. It is a grade-school mentality where someone looks to say something just to say it. Jones out-wrestled an Olympian, of course that is impressive. I would rather see Gus let his fights do his talking like he used to. But that is a personal preference

they dont want to get into it bc people will read too much into any response and decide the person isnt focused - easy media chess - but Gus is also looking to bring relevance to his match w johnson and get people talking - surprised to see you take such a stance as you seem to be a pretty smart guy

lol fuck off. Gusto got lucky he even came CLOSE to matching Jones. DC would wipe his ass over and over with Gus. As will Jones for their second fight.

ugoKd.gif

Keep dreaming white-boy. Aint never gunna hold that belt and there's a reason why Jon has it.

giphy.gif

Hmm...last time gustafsson was scheduled to fight someone and got accused of overlooking that opponent, this happened:

1-1-1.gif

Replace Jon Jones with Daniel Cormier, and I would agree. The arch enemy Jones did great. He outwrestled a olympic wrester for god sake!
He better keep focus on Rumble.
+1. He shouldn't do the same misstake as Davis, and look past Rumble. Rumble is some serious shit.

He better be careful if Johnson's performance actually impress him.

Gus hasn't beaten anybody noteworthy and is going to get worked by Rumble. Gus is believing all the fan hype but hasn't beaten legit competition and everytime he faces a legit guy he loses.

He beat the hell of jbj. Bones was carried out and taken to the hospital. It's a bones win in a hype machine but in real life we call that an ass whipping for sure

Diggem is on repeat in this thread as well I see.

Shouldn't he be banned for just posting almost the same sentence every day? What's the point in having him here.

Alex is no joke and Jones doesn't like fighting someone his own size.

Jones has shown in his last few fights how bad his defense really is when pressured. Amazing at stopping you from getting off offence, but once you actually start hitting him he just takes it or drops his head into bad positions for uppercuts.

Back