Alexander Gustafsson Is Not Impressed W/ Bones

If that happens again I'll be somewhat happy, but Jones still won looking like that. If Gus wins then I'll be surprised and happy and promptly drunk.

It's debatable whether Jones won. It was a close fight and I had Gus winning a minimum of 3 rounds and possibly the 4th. The judges gave it to him so it counts as a win though. If I was Jones I wouldn't be satisfied with the decision.

It's debatable whether Jones won. It was a close fight and I had Gus winning a minimum of 3 rounds and possibly the 4th. The judges gave it to him so it counts as a win though. If I was Jones I wouldn't be satisfied with the decision.

He isn't, he already acknowledged that much. He said that it's a blemish on his record.

"I won the fight but I look at it as a blemish on my record because some people think I didn't. I promise you, he will be next."

I included the last sentence just for the :icon_lol:

To be fair, the Jones that showed up tonight likely would've lost to the Gus that fought him. Either way it doesn't matter and Gus needs to focus on Rumble.

I so disagree. Jon looked much more impressive tonight then he did when he fought Gus.

I don't even think the Gus fight was close. It was all standup and as far as boxing matches go, Gus beat his ass. Problem is I don't see anyone beatings Jones by decision at this point, and I don't see Gus putting Jones away, so it's most likely another decision loss for the Swede.

I don't even think the Gus fight was close. It was all standup and as far as boxing matches go, Gus beat his ass. Problem is I don't see anyone beatings Jones by decision at this point, and I don't see Gus putting Jones away, so it's most likely another decision loss for the Swede.

I disagree. I think Gus goes for the KO next time instead of cruising in the 5th thinking he was ahead on the scorecards.

I disagree. I think Gus goes for the KO next time instead of cruising in the 5th thinking he was ahead on the scorecards.

I see Gus following through on his combinations more, but it's hard to see Jones getting KO'd when he's rarely even been wobbled. Maybe a TKO by brutalization, I dunno. I think Gus is a nightmare matchup, though. Jones' got stuffed on about a dozen takedown attempts in that fight. He desperately wanted it to go to the ground and he couldn't even do that until Gus was totally gassed. Standing with Gus, he gets picked apart. But judges are so lenient toward champions that unless it's a complete demolition it can be hard to wrench that belt away. Jones has enough volume in his strikes to make such a demolition difficult.

sounds more like gsp vs hendricks than gus vs jones. Gus wasnt "cruising" in the 5th by any means. Both fighters were reaching deep in an epic battle.

If Gus could have KO-ed Jones he would have. Can people stop with the 'cruising' excuses?

Gus will lose the rematch. Jones won't try to win by outboxing him next time. Jones is going to do whatever he can to cement his legacy as the best of all time.

Btw, Gus should have won the first match. Deal with it.

Gus will lose the rematch. Jones won't try to win by outboxing him next time. Jones is going to do whatever he can to cement his legacy as the best of all time.

Btw, Gus should have won the first match. Deal with it.

I'm pretty sure Jones tried to take him down a few times but failed to do so.

Who was impressed with jones's performance last night? Basically won the fight via wall and stall, or as another poster said "clinch and pinch".

lol fuck off. Gusto got lucky he even came CLOSE to matching Jones. DC would wipe his ass over and over with Gus. As will Jones for their second fight.

Keep dreaming white-boy. Aint never gunna hold that belt and there's a reason why Jon has it.

lol fuck off. Gusto got lucky he even came CLOSE to matching Jones. DC would wipe his ass over and over with Gus. As will Jones for their second fight.

Keep dreaming white-boy. Aint never gunna hold that belt and there's a reason why Jon has it.

Yeah, because Gus got robbed by the judges lol

To be fair, the Jones that showed up tonight likely would've lost to the Gus that fought him. Either way it doesn't matter and Gus needs to focus on Rumble.

What kind of crack are you smoking? The Jones that fought Gus was by far the worst Jones I've ever seen, DC would lay Gus a filthy beating, Gus will get submitted next time early on

What kind of crack are you smoking? The Jones that fought Gus was by far the worst Jones I've ever seen, DC would lay Gus a filthy beating, Gus will get submitted next time early on

Coincidentally, jones has fought fighters who've looked like shit too (shogun, vitor, rashad, et al); of course, jones nut-huggers will chalk that up to the beating he puts on them (I won't argue with that), but why not give gustafsson the credit he deserves for making jones look like shit, rather than just writing it off as a fluke?

tumblr_mx5pm0oUk71r47vj4o1_400.jpg

#TheDream

Back