Alexander Gustafsson could be elevated to Nate, Khabib, Holm, Weidman status with a W.

VenomCarnage

R.I.P. FRANKIENYC
@Brown
Reaction score
Think about the response those fighters received after their dethroning of the king/queen at that time.

Nate and Khabib became Sherdog heroes after dethroning Conor McGregor.

Holly Holm berthed her name into Sherdog folklore with her amazing head-kick KO over Ronda Rousey.

Johny Hendricks gained many fans by unofficially defeating Georges St. Pierre. Likewise with Chris Weidman when he shocked the world and shut up all of us Anderson Silva fans forever.

I predict that Alexander Gustafsson will be anointed as an all-time Sherdog great if he manages to defeat the most hated man in Sherdog forum history, Jonathan "Bones" Jones this Saturday.

Pulsing Jones may be difficult to defeat grasshopper

If Gustafson wins then he is a true g, having beaten a re known pulsing cheater.

Why is Khabib in that category? How is it a dethroning when you beat a guy who hadn't fought in ages and never defended his belt? And who just a few fights prior had lost to a journeyman with Motezuma's revenge?

What Weidman did is in another stratosphere. Followed by Holm, followed by Nate (since Conor did actually have a nice streak going at that time), and then much further down the line, Khabib. Conor had been knocked out in his last 'contest' before Khabib got his hands on the scraps.

Or forever at gatekeeper status with a loss

Why is Khabib in that category? How is it a dehtroning when you beat a guy who hadn't fought in ages and never defended his belt? And who just a few fights prior had lost to a journeyman with Motezuma's revenge?
I mean dethroning him in a Sherdog sense.

Ronda, Anderson, St. Pierre, McGregor - all worshipped by many, and when they fell it was celebrated as if a great hero had arrived and saved them from a future of predetermined results and one-sided beat downs.

Khabib proved us all right, the Conman isn't what his fanboys claimed him to be!

Holm and Wiedman had flukes while Hendrix won but then usada came

Khabib truly dethroned and acquired fans yeah but Gus has a rematch. He got beaten in 1st fight

Nate won by gassing Conor but destroyed his fight status by being Nate

Gus has some good chance of being known but he has to brawl more he keeps too much distance. He gotta go harder

That 12 3 Rd win by points was not wow status like Khabib dropped Conor or GNP him into Siberian cold.

Gus has my vote though.

Good point. I also wouldn't put Khabib in that category, because he was actually the favorite. Aldo and McGregor has a better example in this conversation than Khabib and McGregor.

Why is Khabib in that category? How is it a dethroning when you beat a guy who hadn't fought in ages and never defended his belt? And who just a few fights prior had lost to a journeyman with Motezuma's revenge?

What Weidman did is in another stratosphere. Followed by Holm, followed by Nate (since Conor did actually have a nice streak going at that time), and then much further down the line, Khabib. Conor had been knocked out in his last 'contest' before Khabib got his hands on the scraps.

Didn't take long for this kind of response, veiled Conor hate, yawn.

What status?

The status of Sherdog liking you for a few months and then going back to shitting on you?
LoL

Khabib was the favorite over Conor and most people expected him to win via grapplefuck.

Khabib didn't dethrone Connor, he already had the throne.

Think about the response those fighters received after their dethroning of the king/queen at that time.

Nate and Khabib became Sherdog heroes after dethroning Conor McGregor.

Holly Holm berthed her name into Sherdog folklore with her amazing head-kick KO over Ronda Rousey.

Johny Hendricks gained many fans by unofficially defeating Georges St. Pierre. Likewise with Chris Weidman when he shocked the world and shut up all of us Anderson Silva fans forever.

I predict that Alexander Gustafsson will be anointed as an all-time Sherdog great if he manages to defeat the most hated man in Sherdog forum history, Jonathan "Bones" Jones this Saturday.

Everyone knew khabib would rape Mcdouche sir. Get him out that paragraph. Leave the other ones, they really surprised everyone winning those fights.

.to answer ur stupid question-Khabib fam3 went through the roof defending the belt vs Conor. He was not as famois winning the belt vs Al

Now he is meeting and getting invites from biggest ppl in the world

I picked weidman to win. Weidman was the 1st opponent that not only could outwrestle him but hold his own in the jitz once he got there. ill admit i didnt think he would ko him with hands tho

I don’t know about him stopping the takedown this time /: he doesn’t look like Ed been training much strength at all

Back