Alexander Gustaffson gets treated unfairly on Sherdog

Gus is fantastic and talented but i think he's beginning to regress. He's certainly not looking better every fight.

Wanting him to actually earn a title shot by beating a top ten fighter for once in his career is not treating him unfairly.

If ts was even remotely serious he would have made this thread about Bader instead, who is legitimately, unfairly disrespected and should undeniably be ranked higher than Gus based on actual merit and ability.

It was absolutely glorious watching Rumble destroy Gus' soul and making him cry.

Enjoy gatekeeper status.

TomsMindBlown.gif

I bet Corey Anderson beats him. Gus can't win against African Americans.

Lol when will Gus fans stop being so pathetic?

The only way to get into this pity party is if you're on your period....

I bet Corey Anderson beats him. Gus can't win against African Americans.
He had no trouble with Manuwa and he's had no trouble with Americans like Hamil and Hamman. It must be the mixture of both. Either that or he can't beat Americans without their last names being related to meat.

I was big on Gus and Jones going into their fight so I feel like I can impartially say and observe that JBJ won that fight. Gus broke out and broke Jones' face but Jones proved his championship mettle and won that fight in that last two rounds.

Where Gus lost me is his jaw jacking after that. I like people for what they are. I know JBJ is shady. Gus was just a big Swede destroyer of few words and his fights spoke for themselves. Jones, like he has done to so many people, permanently altered Gustafsson's makeup. Gus had to talk and do his embarrassing half shade tat. Just hard to support a guy like that. (don't worry I've since renounced my JBJ fanship)

Still respect his skills and the threat he poses to everyone in his division. I'm mad he didn't get his chance to destroy Mousasi. But he's great on the cusp of being greater but not quite there. I hope he can get and stay healthy and maybe fuck 'em all up. I still think Rumble Rumble's him but you never know.

So I don't think he gets treated unfairly but he's had a rough go for sure. I wish for nothing but good things for The Mauler because that means the rest of the div is stepping their game up. If he got the belt some day I'd be happy tbh. And I hope we get a JBJ rematch.

I was wanting him to beat Jones and he was doing it, but Jones turned on the gas in the last round and stole the fight.

It's like all of a sudden, everything he threw connected, hard. As if he was play fighting before, realized he was losing, got serious and just dominated him.

Jones won that fight, but it was pretty close.

good thing he was treated favorably by the lenient Swedish criminal justice system, after beating up all them innnocent bystandares on the street

Gus rises to the occasion when he's in title fights but looks average in most of his other performances.

don't fight enough and acts like the ufc owes him something

He gets hated on because a lot of people like him. Trolls are annoying like that.

After he lost to Rumble people turned on him here, it's not really surprising, it's kinda the Sherdog way. Act like you're down for a fighter, but when they have a setback, shit can them. Fuck all that, I always liked Gus. He seems like a good guy and is a talented fighter, just has been plagued with injuries and layoffs as of late. I will keep it real tho, there might be a possibility he takes a long break because of his back, as someone that's experienced back pain can understand. I hope not, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

I think he's overrated and he's probably in my top 15 fighters to watch. He's the fourth best in a weak division and his best accomplishments come in his losses.

I do think he could be champion one day though.

If you are a top fighter, you need to flip top-tier fights into wins at some point, as opposed to merely being competitive.

He's ranked right where he should be.

Back