Alexander Gustaffson gets treated unfairly on Sherdog

Hasn't lived up to expectations. Sadly, with all those injuries from training viking - natural, i don't see him being champion ever. Maybe he should just roid like others and be a monster.

Dat gf tho..

15590259_840240476114974_1811448931718014633_n.jpg

You can land an airplane on dat forehead tho

ha, I don't enter much in gus threads, lately

but it's just that he doesn't fight regularly, so it's tough be on everyone's heads. and his last showing wasn't that good either

let's see what happens

I was big on Gus and Jones going into their fight so I feel like I can impartially say and observe that JBJ won that fight. Gus broke out and broke Jones' face but Jones proved his championship mettle and won that fight in that last two rounds.

Where Gus lost me is his jaw jacking after that. I like people for what they are. I know JBJ is shady. Gus was just a big Swede destroyer of few words and his fights spoke for themselves. Jones, like he has done to so many people, permanently altered Gustafsson's makeup. Gus had to talk and do his embarrassing half shade tat. Just hard to support a guy like that. (don't worry I've since renounced my JBJ fanship)

Still respect his skills and the threat he poses to everyone in his division. I'm mad he didn't get his chance to destroy Mousasi. But he's great on the cusp of being greater but not quite there. I hope he can get and stay healthy and maybe fuck 'em all up. I still think Rumble Rumble's him but you never know.

So I don't think he gets treated unfairly but he's had a rough go for sure. I wish for nothing but good things for The Mauler because that means the rest of the div is stepping their game up. If he got the belt some day I'd be happy tbh. And I hope we get a JBJ rematch.

I'm not a massive Gus fan (I don't really have a current favourite fighter at LHW), but wasn't that Rumble fight a bit controversial? He's given the two champs close fights and has a controversial finish loss after a clash of heads against Rumble.
Was there an actual clash of heads, or was it Rumble's fist, that connected?

Gus is a good fighter, but his rating is more derived from who he's lost to, rather than who he's beaten. If you fight greats 100 times, and lose a hundred times, no-matter how well you did, you're still 0-100

"Gustafsson best performances, are his losses"- Daniel Cormier

@Toco <bball2>

Was there an actual clash of heads, or was it Rumble's fist, that connected?
My mistake. I actually looked it up and it was concluded that Rumbles head crazed Gus' head and then hit his shoulder.

Back