Alexa Grasso with a beat down:

She looked great tonight.

Problem a lot of fighters are going to have is what if their path to Joanna has to go through Claudia. I don't see JJ or Claudia losing any time soon.

Yeah, but say she gets the belt and defends it a few times, maybe she skips everyone and gets a shot at Joanna.

???

They both want to earn Invicta gold first. Dana wants them in the UFC like yesterday.
Invicta "gold" doesn't pay the bills. I wouldn't be surprised if Grasso got the call for a Sept or Oct card.

Yeah, but say she gets the belt and defends it a few times, maybe she skips everyone and gets a shot at Joanna.

???
Not a chance in hell she skips anyone. Very few follow Invicta and the Invicta belt doesn't really mean much. It wasn't like they could market Lauren Murphy as Invicta champ and have anyone care.

Grasso needs to be introduced to a UFC audience. Could you imagine giving someone a title shot based on them beating Angela Hill? Someone MMA fans might remember on TUF and not doing much in UFC.

My only worry with Grasso going to the UFC is that she will just be like all the other SWs and only fight once per year. An injury? Make that once every 18 months. The jump in pay would be nice, but it would suck to have her sit on a shelf and collect dust.

My only worry with Grasso going to the UFC is that she will just be like all the other SWs and only fight once per year. An injury? Make that once every 18 months. The jump in pay would be nice, but it would suck to have her sit on a shelf and collect dust.
seeing how she was out 18 months before her fight last night i dont see the difference it would bring lol

Not a chance in hell she skips anyone. Very few follow Invicta and the Invicta belt doesn't really mean much. It wasn't like they could market Lauren Murphy as Invicta champ and have anyone care.

Grasso needs to be introduced to a UFC audience. Could you imagine giving someone a title shot based on them beating Angela Hill? Someone MMA fans might remember on TUF and not doing much in UFC.

Difference between Murphy at Bantamweight, and the 115 division, is that when Murphy became champ of Invicta, all the big name bantamweights had already been in Invicta for awhile. When UFC put on TUF 20, most of the cast were Invicta veterans, Esparza was the Invicta champ, and they made a big deal how Invicta was what convinced them 115 was the next class to make in the UFC.

With Grasso, they can easily market her as champ of Invicta, where most of the top straw weights came from.

She won't get to skip anyone, anyway, but let's not act like the Invicta belt is meaningless.

seeing how she was out 18 months before her fight last night i dont see the difference it would bring lol

Big difference in being not fit to fit, and being fit to fight but forced to sit on the sidelines anyway.

Difference between Murphy at Bantamweight, and the 115 division, is that when Murphy became champ of Invicta, all the big name bantamweights had already been in Invicta for awhile. When UFC put on TUF 20, most of the cast were Invicta veterans, Esparza was the Invicta champ, and they made a big deal how Invicta was what convinced them 115 was the next class to make in the UFC.

With Grasso, they can easily market her as champ of Invicta, where most of the top straw weights came from.

She won't get to skip anyone, anyway, but let's not act like the Invicta belt is meaningless.

Big difference in being not fit to fit, and being fit to fight but forced to sit on the sidelines anyway.

This guy gets it!!

And Lauren Murphy?! Didn't she lose to Jessica Eye, lol. There's more contenders in 135 than straw weight also.

If Alexa gets the belt and defends it, and Joanna is still the champ at that time, then I see no problems with her getting a title shot. Seeing as how Joanna would have already washed the division up.

And why shouldn't she skip someone (Claudia) that has lost twice to the champ?? They'd be in need of a new challenger (Grasso).

I desperately want to see her in the UFC. Any non-championship fight she will get in the UFC will be just a formality. She will be an instant top 3 contender in my opinion. My only concern is Joanna moving to 125 by then.

Grasso should stay in Invicta and become the champ. That way she will gain more experience and preserve her undefeated streak.

Both Alexa and Irene have said they want to win and defend Invicta belts before even thinking about the UFC.

Think Pappy Grasso is doing a great job with them but especially Alexa. Building her gradually, and her english gets better and better with every passing fight. Her first invicta fight she could barely speak English, now, another year and she will be virtually fluent.

When she comes to the UFC even if its in 2 years, she will still only be 24, have plenty of experience and be fluent in english

Lauren Murphy's belt was worthless anyway. She didn't get it by beating anyone. She won by injury TKO.

Both Alexa and Irene have said they want to win and defend Invicta belts before even thinking about the UFC.

Think Pappy Grasso is doing a great job with them but especially Alexa. Building her gradually, and her english gets better and better with every passing fight. Her first invicta fight she could barely speak English, now, another year and she will be virtually fluent.

When she comes to the UFC even if its in 2 years, she will still only be 24, have plenty of experience and be fluent in english

I could teach her american. There would be a noticeable limp for a few weeks but you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs, any cook will tell you that.

I definitely think she needs a few more fights to mature. She's young and has time to experience a few more fights.

She is doing great and UFC needs a Hispanic women to help build that fan base

Im completely ok with where her english is now...its sexy AF and so is she...hope she does well in the future, she sure looks like a champion out there

Im completely ok with where her english is now...its sexy AF and so is she...hope she does well in the future, she sure looks like a champion out there
Oh it is, but from a marketing point of view in the UFC we know english is a huge asset.

She has obviously put a lot of work in in the last two years learning English, and thats going to reallly benefit her when she makes the jump to the UFC.

Shes being really well managed, taking it easy, focussing on invicta belt, learning english etc.

Back