Alexa Grasso makes her UFC debut in Mexico City, against Heather Jo Clark.

Who wins?

• Total voters
Would have loved if she filled in for Daly but I understand this is an intro fight.

She will be champ by end of 2017 or early 2018
zvHyOZe.jpg

Remember the previous UFC Mexico City? How even Dana admitted it sucked badly? The altitude effects gave us some truly awful fights (like Angela Hill vs. Tecia Torres).

I think that Grasso is a strong favorite to beat Clark under non-high-altitude conditions. But for UFC Mexico City, I predict that Grasso will be making certain to be well-adjusted to the high altitude before the fight, and that Clark will not be doing that. And if I'm right about that, then I think there is a very high probability that Clark will just get thoroughly destroyed by Grasso.

Remember the previous UFC Mexico City? How even Dana admitted it sucked badly? The altitude effects gave us some truly awful fights (like Angela Hill vs. Tecia Torres).

I think that Grasso is a strong favorite to beat Clark under non-high-altitude conditions. But for UFC Mexico City, I predict that Grasso will be making certain to be well-adjusted to the high altitude before the fight, and that Clark will not be doing that. And if I'm right about that, then I think there is a very high probability that Clark will just get thoroughly destroyed by Grasso.
In most other sports, like football, and baseball they know you have to arrive as early as possible to get acclimated to those altitude changes. Hopefully all the fighters on that card will.

Been a big fan since I saw her fight Cummins in Invicta. Always thought she had a lot of potential.

Now she's gonna get shoved down our throats by the UFC as we've seen them do with every attractive female fighter, and we'll see thread after thread about her be clogged with weirdos repeating "would" again and again.

Because, you know, a female's looks are how you accurately gauge her abilities as a fighter. Oh, wait...

In most other sports, like football, and baseball they know you have to arrive as early as possible to get acclimated to those altitude changes. Hopefully all the fighters on that card will.

I predict that Grasso will do much, if not all, of her fight camp at high altitude. Having a Mexican team, I doubt that this poses a difficulty for her. But even if Clark wanted to do the same, can she really afford to pay for such a fight camp?

I predict that Grasso will do much, if not all, of her fight camp at high altitude. Even if Clark wanted to do this, can she really afford to pay for such a fight camp?
Well I mean the fighters involved better get there as early as they and their team can afford. Or at least train at altitude wherever you can afford it. I think HJC trains out of Vegas.

Las Vegas altitude: ~2000 feet.
Mexico City altitude: ~7400 feet.
Sorry thats what I was meaning. She better find a place she can train at altitude if she can't do her camp at Mexico City.

Ooh crap I really wanted to see Graso holding that Invicta belt, the fight with Hill would have been great.

Anyways this is great news, with Alexa in the mix the SW division is getting very interdasting, I can wait to see her fighting the best of the division

This is one reason that I was suprised to hear the UFC going there again .. Like you said, hopefully they both know to arrive early enough to acclimate, which will of course be a little easier for Grasso than Clark to do.

Sorry thats what I was meaning. She better find a place she can train at altitude if she can't do her camp at Mexico City.

Even without moving to a higher altitude gym, Grasso's regular gym is ~5100'-5200' feet in altitude, much higher than Clark's gym, and I expect that Grasso will train at even higher altitude for this fight.

Back