Media Alex Volkanaski talks about being 240 lbs and playing Rugby

Mesos

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

Does anyone know how good of a rugby player Alex was? Was he pro level? Based off the video its pretty impressive to see him being so undersized but being able to hang with way bigger dudes. Those 240 lbs he put on really evened things up

he's the closest to A-level athlete we ever see...unless he gasses out, I think he decisions Ortega...

This is what he looked like during his rugby days. The proportion was truly Joe Rogan-esque
IMG_2178.JPG

76vji5d72iq11.jpg

<Goldie11>

Does anyone know how good of a rugby player Alex was? Was he pro level? Based off the video its pretty impressive to see him being so undersized but being able to hang with way bigger dudes. Those 240 lbs he put on really evened things up

that's a good video.
It's interesting to see the towns and lifestyle where these Champs grew up.

I've been to Wollongong, years ago. It's pretty ocka.

Had him winning both fights with Max, the 2nd one being crazy because Max looked like he had it after 2 rounds.

Interesting fight with Ortega

And you disgusting people give Conor, a natural welterweight, so much shit for having fought at Featherweight!
Meanwhile this man is a natural heavyweight.

Damn. Volk is a beast.
I miss those wild overhands for sure

Don't judge a book by its cover. Sometimes what they lack in size they make up in fast twitch and explosiveness.

Him and Olivera had a similar career path. Debuted at 170, dropped 155, dropped to 145. Crazy

And you disgusting people give Conor, a natural welterweight, so much shit for having fought at Featherweight!
Meanwhile this man is a natural heavyweight.
Not natural lol. He bulked up for Rugby. He's about Conor's size weight wise. Probably smaller these days

Back