Alex Pereira - BEST UFC Signing In Last Decade?

i think its important for the ufc to continue to sign champions from other martial arts regaurdless of their mma experiance if they have won a belt or gold at the highest level bring them in. for some great fights

Yup he is, I'm really liking him more and more. He actually wants to fight which is a refreshing change, how many UFC champions and big names never fight, always some mysterious injury or some mysterious problem as to why they can't fight. Alex is a breathe of fresh air, he is the real deal

He gets that this is the Ultimate Fighting Championship, not the Ultimate Inactive Championship. I hope he keeps the belt for many years, I want to see big time title fights.

The dude is everything anyone could want in a fighter:
  • HUGE FOR THE WEIGHT, thus enjoys major physical advantages over his opponents;
  • A NATURAL KILLER, always forcing the fight, always looking TO FINISH;
  • A NATURAL ATHLETE, always taking care of his body as well;
  • SOBER, never need to worry about him "fluctuating" in his abilities;
  • A STUDENT OF THE GAME — always trying/willing to learn something new;
  • COOL, FUNNY, and LIKABLE — even the fighters he has knocked-out, respect him, like him, and want to go train with him;
  • NERVES OF STEEL — the coldest staredown on the roster. Even after his only KO defeat, still fights like a killer. Didn't affect him at all;
  • LOVES TO FIGHT — is forever trying to "fight again," booking fights ASAP, trying to get out there and perform again for his fans over and over (not a diva).
There really is nobody else like him in the entire UFC.

So yeah, I think Alex Pereira is the best and most exciting signing for the UFC for the past decade, if not in its history.
He's on a fighter of the year trajectory if he can win this and one more he's undeniable

how many UFC champions and big names never fight, always some mysterious injury or some mysterious problem as to why they can't fight. Alex is a breathe of fresh air, he is the real deal
Not only that but how often do we get a champion who actually WANTS to step in on short notice two weeks and give us a title fight???

this man just defended in april, he's standing in the octogon after a first round ko, asking for a fight! what more could ANYONE possibly want from a guy like that?

Then who is?

Probably Francis Ngannou... Theres a few others...

Alex has been Koed dead ... And was losing to Izzy in the first fight..

I will say hes been great at LHW though ...so far..he probably should have never fought at 185

I will say hes been great at LHW though ...so far..he probably should have never fought at 185
Lol

Those are not good points.

He hasn't left like Francis and only been a fucking rabbits foot for the UFC on all levels. An unlikely fan favorite star has emerged. UFC only wishes all their weight classes had poatans in em

I'd reckon Alex Pereira with his high fight activity is the best UFC signing in the last decade more than Izzy, Khamzat and others:

Agree/Disagree?

- Reignited the Middleweight division By Challenging Izzy Adesanya
- Reignited Light Heavyweight division with his mini rivalry with Hill and Jiri
-First MW/LHW Double Champ (Modern UFC)
- Saving UFC 300, 303 with Last Second Title Fights (which usually are fan-friendly barnburners)
- Has Fan Friendly Style And Taking Badass Short Notice Fights Even While Champion
I think you outline a clear case for a resounding YES.

The only argument against him is Izzy. Izzy set the stage for Alex to own it, and that stage setting was constant work too. But I'd have to say yes on Alex overall.

Hey I'm a huge Francis supporter but I strongly doubt anyone at the UFC HQ would say their best signing, either for profits, interest, or fan favourite fights, was Francis.

Reactions: HHJ

Saying the ex-champ at 185 who unseated the previous long-reigning champ and fan favourite at 185 and went on to become double champ should "probably never have fought at 185"...... is...... difficult to understand.

Without a doubt he is best signing. This dude is just a fucking warrior, period.

I hope the UFC dumps a nice 10M in his bank account for this.

Yes alex is the best signing and the worst imo is turkish tyson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MisfitsBR
Back