Alex Pereira against the LHW Greats

Exactly, Izzy is a much better striker than Johnson and Pereira tkoed him. Hell, Strickland is a better stricker than Johnson.
Anthony Johnson was a good KO artist yes, but Pereira faced dangerous striker too in Kickboxing and mma. At 185, he was cutting too much at 36 years old
Crazy talk

Johnson knocked out Glover who went on to become a UFC LHW champion like 8 years later. He knocked out Gustaffson who at the time sent peak, juiced up, Jon Jones to the hospital. He also sent the iron chinned Cormier flying across the cage with one punch. He knocked out Manuwa when Manuwa was sleeping everyone and was feared. Rumble was a technical power puncher- not some brawler smh.

Rumble would have a tremendous chance of knocking out the chinny poatan who fights with his hands down and is often willing to take one to give one.

Crazy talk

Johnson knocked out Glover who went on to become a UFC LHW champion like 8 years later. He knocked out Gustaffson who at the time sent peak, juiced up, Jon Jones to the hospital. He also sent the iron chinned Cormier flying across the cage with one punch. He knocked out Manuwa when Manuwa was sleeping everyone and was feared. Rumble was a technical power puncher- not some brawler smh.

Rumble would have a tremendous chance of knocking out the chinny poatan who fights with his hands down and is often willing to take one to give one.
If Poatan is chinny why doesnt he have a lot of KO losses? I mean its probably not possible to be a double champ in kickboxing if you are chinny no?

If Poatan is chinny why doesnt he have a lot of KO losses? I mean its probably not possible to be a double champ in kickboxing if you are chinny no?

I think he's chinny because he spars 100% more than he should and takes too much damage in the gym and because he has cut a lot of weight in the past. Now he's 37 years old and even Jiri had him rocked. Even Izzy had him almost knocked out in the first fight but Alex was saved by the bell. He's not a glass chin by any means but I think prime Rumble would absolutely melt him.

Rumble vs Poatan would have been a panty throwing event <{1-15}>

I think he's chinny because he spars 100% more than he should and takes too much damage in the gym and because he has cut a lot of weight in the past. Now he's 37 years old and even Jiri had him rocked. Even Izzy had him almost knocked out in the first fight but Alex was saved by the bell. He's not a glass chin by any means but I think prime Rumble would absolutely melt him.
Ok ok, I think a prime Pereira would KO Johnson on his feet, didnt like how Johnson reacted at Belfort on the feet. But Johnson was really good.

Ya even guys like Davis & Bader are also really high level on the ground

Funny thing is back then the standard was so high guys like Davis & Bader struggled, but I think in todays division they would have no issue outwrestling most of the top 10

Prime Rashad was a stud, even though I feel like he could make MW in todays landscape

Machida would be interesting, I think Alex finishes that tbh

I wouldn't say struggled, Davis and Bader where top 10 guys normally around like 6-8th once they broke into the top 10 they pretty much stayed there their entire UFC careers and I think both were occasionally top 5.

Crazy talk

I lose a bit of respect for the opinion of anyone that fell for the "Poatan is chinny" meme after a single knockout across the most decorated striking career we've seen to date in a division where he was cutting 40lbs in his mid thirties.
AJ would in all likelihood get blasted by Poatan inside 5. Pointing to a win over fucking Jimi Manuwa as proof is just ludicrous. Poatan is a master kickboxer, he won't take a full power shot to give a full power shot. There are levels to this, and striking wise, Poatan is several levels above AJ.

You think Mark Hunt is a better striker than Poatan, that just kind of proves that there is a difference in understanding of the sport here lol, carry on.

I lose a bit of respect for the opinion of anyone that fell for the "Poatan is chinny" meme after a single knockout across the most decorated striking career we've seen to date in a division where he was cutting 40lbs in his mid thirties.
AJ would in all likelihood get blasted by Poatan inside 5. Pointing to a win over fucking Jimi Manuwa as proof is just ludicrous. Poatan is a master kickboxer, he won't take a full power shot to give a full power shot. There are levels to this, and striking wise, Poatan is several levels above AJ.

You think Mark Hunt is a better striker than Poatan, that just kind of proves that there is a difference in understanding of the sport here lol, carry on.

I've been watching Paoatan fight before you knew who he was. Saw him get clowned by Artem Levin live. Saw him get worked by K-1 Max LW Kyshenko. The guys career isn't as decorated as much as his fanboys claim. He fought in a weak era of kickboxing. Does that mean he sucks? No. But he's no Hunt and he's no Mirko. Not even close and someone like Rumble could easily smoke him.

Besides bringing up Manuwa, I said Rumble knocked out Prime Glover and Prime Gustaffson. Glover won the belt like 8 years after Rumble killed him and Prime Gus sent Prime Jones to the hospital. If you think Poatan who lost to 41 year old Jan and got grapple fucked by Izzy would easily beat that version of Rumble you're smoking some good fanboy hopium.

Lastly, at the time when Rumble KOd Manuwa, Jimmy was 15-1 with wins over Jan and Diabate and after losing to Rumble he went on to KO Corey Anderson who happened to smash both Jan and Glover as well.

Poatan fanboy euphoria is the best.

Tito would hape Alex.
It could happen. Tito was a big, strong LHW even by today's standards. He was also a good, determined wrestler and had a pretty good chin in his prime.

Ok ok, I think a prime Pereira would KO Johnson on his feet, didnt like how Johnson reacted at Belfort on the feet. But Johnson was really good.

Johnson had to cut like 50lbs of weight to fight Belfort. I dont think that fight was a real representation of Johnson.

Compare that to the Johnson who knocked out Prime Glover and Prime Gus at LHW.

Completely different animal with Completely different endurance and durability.

It could happen. Tito was a big, strong LHW even by today's standards. He was also a good, determined wrestler and had a pretty good chin in his prime.

Tito would take him down with ease and not let him up.

Reactions: mkt
Ya even guys like Davis & Bader are also really high level on the ground

Funny thing is back then the standard was so high guys like Davis & Bader struggled, but I think in todays division they would have no issue outwrestling most of the top 10

Prime Rashad was a stud, even though I feel like he could make MW in todays landscape

Machida would be interesting, I think Alex finishes that tbh
Bader was always chinny, though, and froze against Rumble. I'd give Poatan a 50%+ shot of KO-ing him during whatever brief periods they are on their feet.

Johnson had to cut like 50lbs of weight to fight Belfort. I dont think that fight was a real representation of Johnson.

Compare that to the Johnson who knocked out Prime Glover and Prime Gus at LHW.

Completely different animal with Completely different endurance and durability.
But Peirera was cutting at least 45 pounds when he got koed at 36years old

Bader was always chinny, though, and froze against Rumble. I'd give Poatan a 50%+ shot of KO-ing him during whatever brief periods they are on their feet.

Bader is a very inconsistent fighter but at his best, he too would have a legitimate chance of taking Alex down with ease and not letting him up.

Rumble struck fear into Bader because Bader knew that AJ had the wrestling skill and power to stuff his takedowns.

I think Bader would send Poatan for a ride most times than not.

Last edited:
I'd also give a young Couture a pretty good shot at winning. In Randy's case, younger means like age 44 or earlier, lol.

Randy would walk through his offense and body lock him to the mat and not let him up. Randy held down prime Tito. Anyone who thinks Randy couldn't hold down Poatan is most likely a recency bias fanboy.

Reactions: mkt
Back