Alex Ovechkin’s Knockout Was So Impressive the UFC Commented on It

Ovechkin is A-Level

• Total voters
Hockey is for pussies,

Rugby is where shit goes down with super heavies.

Fe1l8rC.gif

11e422aaf1f581823632af97457f1a85.gif

Tuilagi-punch.gif

davidferriol.gif

rugbypunch.gif

3bjo.gif

Been a while since I played Rugby. Glad I don't anymore... Fuck getting hit by these gguys.

Not wanting to come across as ignorant, but why does hockey persist in entertaining a violence-based culture? In no way does that help the perspective of the sport, it comes across as amateurish and discreditable.
Then dont watch it. I and many others enjoy seeing the "fighting spirit" come out with these guys from time to time.

I think TS meant “one of the greatest”, which OV definitely is.

Huge KO, young kid needs to pick his spots better. Tough lesson, jeez.

Not wanting to come across as ignorant, but why does hockey persist in entertaining a violence-based culture? In no way does that help the perspective of the sport, it comes across as amateurish and discreditable.
I hear the UFC is trying to cut to fighting as well; it's boorish and contributes to the widespread view that MMA is lowbrow. You could see their new anti-fighting policies coming into play in the Jouban vs Grant bout.

If Ovi's hands weren't so damn valuable he would gleefully partake in weekly Gordie Howe hat tricks (minus the assists). The dude loves the rough stuff and needed to be repeatedly talk to by management not to play that style .

Russian rookie was a 2nd overall pick and a fan of ovi, but he should've done way more homework in him

Ovi is built like a bull. The guy never gets hurt and people bounce off him.

No chance Svechnikov was winning that fight.

That's like applauding a man for knocking out his son just because they both play street hockey.

Heavyweight lmao.

Yeah, Ovi is big, but he is not even a good fighter nor does he fight often. He's been in like 7 fights in his career.

Nice KO though.

I think its 4 actually and that was his first one since 2010

This has been going on the whole series and the Kid asked for the fight. Be careful what ya wish for and im sure he learned a valuable lesson

For my money Ovi is the greatest goal scorer of all time, and I've been a Blues fan for 30 years and watched Brett Hull score. A lot.

He is clearly one of if not the best goal scorer ever, although not the best overall.

Also, big Blues fans here as well. Let’s get that cup this year!

Aint even close to greatest player of all time. Sheeeit.

Knocked out a rookie that just turned 19 few weeks ago.
He will challenge Gretzky for most goals ever while playing in an era where it's amazing to have 100 pts.

He's the greatest goal scorer as of me, and the 2nd best of this generation by far. ( Behind Sid obviously)

So put some respect on The Gr8

He is clearly one of if not the best goal scorer ever, although not the best overall.

Also, big Blues fans here as well. Let’s get that cup this year!
What are the odds lol, big Game 4 tonight broheim. Lets Go Blues!

Im sure if Ovi didn't knock him out, Tom Wilson would inevitably have at some point in this series lol. Hope svech is alright. For real though, OVI is a tank. One of the few guys left in the game who i would characterize as a true "Power Forward"

Hes already greatest goal scorer of all time.
Also Svechnikov asked for that ko.
Ovi is a scoring machine I give him that...but that's all he is...I'd still put a few guys ahead of him...

Back