Social Alex Jones now admits Sandy Hook is real

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to get a proper concession and apology from @vengeful, either.
Do you like continuing to embarrass yourself and make yourself even more wrong? Alex Jones is in Texas, there's no criminal statute for libel in Texas, and there's no federal one. It's state-by-state and since his state of residence it Texas, it's a tort like I originally told you. Keep googling you may find something that makes you look less wrong, but given your posting history and inability to accept that you're wrong, I'm doubting it.

Says the guy who tried criticizing diction only to ironically reveal himself guilty of the very failure of comprehension he alleged. A word like "microcosm" transcends your conceptual understanding, and demonstrates why so many correctly assess that Jeopardy doesn't test I.Q. Be quiet. You're like Forrest Gump if one took away everything that made him exceptional and endearing.

No, Alex isn't mentally ill. Yes, he panders by saying things only a mentally ill person would say to enrich himself, and get attention. Yes, Sandy Hook was real. Yes, he should be prosecuted for libel. No, it's too late to plead for lenience for committing a crime after you've committed it.

PFFFFFTTT!

It was TOO LATE to even charge him with anything or de-platform him about what he had said YEARS AGO.

Yet they did.

It's admirable to seek out media types that have the courage to say true things the corporate main stream media won't say.. And Alex Jones kind of ruins it for everybody.

Do you like continuing to embarrass yourself and make yourself even more wrong? Alex Jones is in Texas, there's no criminal statute for libel in Texas, and there's no federal one. It's state-by-state and since his state of residence it Texas, it's a tort like I originally told you. Keep googling you may find something that makes you look less wrong, but given your posting history and inability to accept that you're wrong, I'm doubting it.
I'm not a Texas lawyer. I used the term libel because criminal libel is something that can be prosecuted. You censured me for misusing and misunderstanding the term, not for ignorance of Texas state law. I gladly admit that I am not a Texas lawyer. I will not concede that libel is not an offense that can be prosecuted criminally. The intent of my comment was that I felt his speech transcended what we generally regard to be legal free speech. If "defamation" is the appropriate term I assent to it.

I would have presumed that if he libeled residents of another state, and if his broadcasts were not restricted to Texas, that he would be subject to libel laws he broke in other states, and transgressed against residents of those states. Are you a practicing Texas trial lawyer, and is this not the case?
PFFFFFTTT!

It was TOO LATE to even charge him with anything or de-platform him about what he had said YEARS AGO.

Yet they did.
I consider de-platforming a separate issue.

I looked it up because I was curious, and it seems like you're wrong about Texas. Although interestingly it wouldn't apply in Jones' case, because it only applies to Banks and similar institutions.
Sec. 59.002. SLANDER OR LIBEL OF BANK. (a) A person commits an offense if the person:
    1. (1) knowingly makes, circulates, or transmits to another person an untrue statement that is derogatory to the financial condition of a bank located in this state; or
    2. (2) with intent to injure a bank located in this state, counsels, aids, procures, or induces another person to knowingly make, circulate, or transmit to another person an untrue statement that is derogatory to the financial condition of any bank located in this state.
  1. (b) An offense under this section is a state jail felony.
    Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 1008, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1997. Amended by Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 344, Sec. 2.016, eff. Sept. 1, 1999.

I'm curious, what is that you like so much about Alex Jones?

Not being politically correct and theorizing all possibilities while being engaging and entertaining.

Flipping out on Eddie Bravo.

I grew up around a lot of personalities, listening to Alex is like rolling on a cloud and talking about shit, making jokes. If you take yourself too seriously, get out of the car. You're not welcome

YOu mean a hypocrite who peddles lies, to sell products, then when gets sued, decides then to tell the truth. I have a problem with con men, and Jones certainly is one.
I know you are just lashing out, because you found out your hero, Alex Jones is a fraud.
Hilarious how you run away from the point to make some meaningless accusation. That suggests you can make accusations, but when they are aimed at you you fall apart like a typical loser.

Seems to me that his mental condition is the same as just about any American right-winger in this day and age: extreme vanity and pettiness that make him more susceptible to conspiracy and way, way more stubborn in refusing to concede being wrong.

Wait. So Alex Jones is the face of American right-wingers these days?

Are you for real?

Wait. So Alex Jones is the face of American right-wingers these days?

Are you for real?

No, of course he isn't. I think he is a more representative face than he used to be, but that's about it.

I would say Trump is definitively the face of contemporary American right-wingers. Would you agree with that?

Hilarious how you run away from the point to make some meaningless accusation. That suggests you can make accusations, but when they are aimed at you you fall apart like a typical loser.
So you don't have a response to his point that Alex Jones profited from his broadcasts alleging that Sandy Hook was a hoax, then later admitted it was real to avoid more severe punishment when his feet were put to the fire.

So you don't have a response to his point that Alex Jones profited from his broadcasts alleging that Sandy Hook was a hoax, then later admitted it was real to avoid more severe punishment when his feet were put to the fire.
You literally just thought you could win an argument by saying "UR JUST MAD CAUSE THAT'S YOUR HERO!" You think this is continuing?? Learn to make honest, legitimate points without being triggered into stupidity.

What are you prattling on about.
I posted Alex Jones has said he believes Sandy Hook really happened. I also pointed out that once the lawsuit happened, your hero Alex Jones, cucked out and went back on everything he said, Alphas and truth tellers don't let a little lawsuit get in the way of exposing the truth. I said Alex Jones is a fucking snake oil salesman. So far what have I gotten wrong.

Maybe that is not even Jones who said it, but the Aliens put a robot that looks like Jones in his place to hide the fact gay frogs shot up Sandy Hook.
Right now Jones, is being held prisoner on Planet, Crisisactor 451 in the Zoltan Galaxy. The Aliens will do everything to hide the truth.

Not being politically correct and theorizing all possibilities while being engaging and entertaining.

Flipping out on Eddie Bravo.

I grew up around a lot of personalities, listening to Alex is like rolling on a cloud and talking about shit, making jokes. If you take yourself too seriously, get out of the car. You're not welcome

Thanks, but I was asking Yorkist.

@vengeful, you got real quiet. Where'd you go?

It took me a single search to find that Alex is being tried in Connecticut courts:
Infowars host Alex Jones asks for change of venue for Sandy Hook defamation cases
Lawyers for Infowars host Alex Jones have asked a Connecticut judge to move defamation cases against him to another part of the state as he defends discussions on his show about the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre being a hoax.

The requests filed Wednesday ask that the cases be moved to Windham County. Jones' lawyers say pretrial publicity has made it impossible to get a fair trial in Bridgeport, in the same county where 20 first-graders and six educators were killed in Newtown in 2012.

Lawsuits by families of eight victims and a first responder say they've been subjected to harassment and death threats from Jones' followers. The families' lawyer says they will oppose moving the trial.
So your diatribe about Texas tort law was obviously pretty stupid.

Connecticut has no statute for criminal libel, but one can be prosecuted for civil libel. In Connecticut they parse "libel" as a written statement while "slander" is an oral statement, but Alex's broadcasts also include images and gestures:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libel#Libel

That seems to be where things are headed. Those families are going to win a hefty payday:
Connecticut judge orders Alex Jones to turn over some Infowars financial documents to Sandy Hook families
Infowars' Alex Jones ordered to undergo sworn deposition in Sandy Hook defamation case
CNN said:
Broadcaster Alex Jones will have to submit to a sworn deposition as part of a defamation lawsuit Sandy Hook families filed against the broadcaster and some of his associates, a Connecticut judge ruled Wednesday.

The ruling from Judge Barbara Bellis also allows three other defendants to be deposed, individuals who are "critical to Infowars' business operations," according to a press release from the Sandy Hook families.

The decision comes on the heels of Bellis' ruling that Jones must turn over internal financial, business and marketing documents related to InfoWars' operations.

The legal complaint in the case says Jones does not believe the shooting was a hoax, but nevertheless has repeatedly accused Sandy Hook families of faking their family members' deaths. There are also six companies named in the suit, including various entities related to Jones' InfoWars website.

CNN has reached out to Jones for a comment and has not heard back.

Six more Sandy Hook families sue broadcaster Alex Jones

"The Jones defendants concoct elaborate and false paranoia-tinged conspiracy theories because it moves product and they make money," the suit alleges. "Not because they truly believe what they are saying, but rather because it increases profits."
"Jones is the chief amplifier for a group that has worked in concert to create and propagate loathsome, false narratives about the Sandy Hook shooting and its victims, and promote their harassment and abuse," the lawsuit states.

Jones has denied the allegations. The other parties named in the suit did not previously respond to CNN's requests for comment.

Mark Barden, whose son, Daniel, was one of 20 first-graders killed in the 2012 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School reacted to the ruling.

"For years, Alex Jones and his co-conspirators have turned the unthinkable loss of our sweet little Daniel and of so many others into advertising dollars and fundraising appeals. It is far beyond time that he be held accountable for the pain his false narratives have caused so many and today's ruling brings us one step closer to doing that."
Will I be insulted for pointing out that you are wrong, again, in your oversight?

@vengeful, you got real quiet. Where'd you go?

It took me a single search to find that Alex is being tried in Connecticut courts:
Infowars host Alex Jones asks for change of venue for Sandy Hook defamation cases

So your diatribe about Texas tort law was obviously pretty stupid.

Connecticut has no statute for criminal libel, but one can be prosecuted for civil libel. In Connecticut they parse "libel" as a written statement while "slander" is an oral statement, but Alex's broadcasts also include images and gestures:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libel#Libel

That seems to be where things are headed. Those families are going to win a hefty payday:
Connecticut judge orders Alex Jones to turn over some Infowars financial documents to Sandy Hook families
Infowars' Alex Jones ordered to undergo sworn deposition in Sandy Hook defamation case

Will I be insulted for pointing out that you are wrong, again, in your oversight?
He's being sued not prosecuted for criminal libel....where have I been wrong, you dolt? What criminal charges have the state of Connecticut filed against Jones?

He's being sued not prosecuted for criminal libel....where have I been wrong, you dolt? What criminal charges have the state of Connecticut filed against Jones?
You were wrong about his location in Texas being relevant. You were wrong that libel isn't potentially criminal in the USA.

Finally, you are reading too literally into my last statement. I said that Alex should be prosecuted. He is. My comment that "no, it's too late to repent for committing a crime after one has committed a crime" was intended more figuratively to point out that you can't commit any transgression, say you're sorry, and then expect to be forgiven. This is true for civil offenses, too. If an officer stops you for speeding 25mph over the limit, you can't say, "Hey, I'm sorry, I won't speed anymore, I didn't mean it, don't give me that ticket." If you wish to excoriate me for not clarifying the specifics of his charge in excruciating legal detail when I am not a lawyer, nor am I trying his case, I'd venture to believe that I have reached rent-free status in your head.

You mean like how CNN and Fox etc. profit off them? Aight then.

Saying the whole thing is staged and the parents are liars while outing some of them by name and location is not the same as covering the actual shooting even if it was overdone.......

This should not need to be said.

He said that from the moment they brought up the lawsuit against him. Literally for years now.

<TrumpWrong1>

Two years ago his lawyer was making the press rounds saying this:

"He’s playing a character. He is a performance artist." - Randall Wilhite

Back