Alex Caceres Wants To Fight Urijah Faber, Says It Would Be An Honor.

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
alex-caceres-ufc-on-fox-101.jpg

A fight between Urijah Faber and Alex Caceres? The UFC fighters seem open to the idea.

The bantamweights hit Twitter with a humorous exchange as they gauged interest in the potential matchup. Faber used Photoshop (and a reference from “The Last Dragon”) to respond to “Bruce Leeroy.”

Faber (30-7 MMA, 6-3 UFC) is currently ranked No. 2 and Caceres (10-5 MMA, 5-3 UFC) is an honorable mention in the latest USA TODAY Sports/MMAjunkie MMA bantamweight rankings.

While such a matchup would have seem farfetched just a year ago, the 135-pound division has undergone some significant changes in the past 12 months, which could make Faber vs. Caceres at least a remote possibility.

Faber is clearly one of the world’s top bantamweights, but he already has two losses to reigning titleholder Renan Barao, a former interim titleholder who took the top spot when Dominick Cruz was stripped of the belt due to a lengthy injury layoff. A third fight between Faber and Barao is unlikely soon, but “The California Kid” has already defeated many other top bantamweights, including No. 3-ranked Michael McDonald.

Caceres, meanwhile, has quietly put together a five-fight unbeaten streak (four wins and a no-contest), which included a recent submission win over highly touted prospect Sergio Pettis.

Caceres is clearly ready for a step up in competition, but is Faber too much, too soon?

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/urijah-faber-and-alex-caceres-appear-ready-for-a-ufc-fight

Not a good fight for Caceres. Faber decimates anyone in the division not named Barao and I'm a big Caceres fan and have been closely watching his progress, I don't want to see his streak halted like that. I'd say a fight with Perez/Caraway or Bedford/Yayha winner makes much more sense. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Seriously, I hespect Alex for wanting this fight, but he would get wrecked.

I'm down with this.

I want to see Bruce Leeroy get beat down for choking out Baby Pettis.

Seriously, I hespect Alex for wanting this fight, but he would get wrecked.

Definitely. Not a fight I want to see, as I'm a big fan of Alex. He's in no way ready for this, but he is steadily getting better. Imagine if he pulled off a hail mary sub though? One thing is for sure, neither guy knows how to be boring.

I'm down with this.

I want to see Bruce Leeroy get beat down for choking out Baby Pettis.

6zaffa.gif

Haha, jk Seoul. But really, I'm sure Pettis learned a lot from that loss. He's still got one of the brightest futures out of all the prospects I can think of. Kid is a beast.

Definitely. Not a fight I want to see, as I'm a big fan of Alex. He's in no way ready for this, but he is steadily getting better. Imagine if he pulled off a hail mary sub though? One thing is for sure, neither guy knows how to be boring.

I like Alex too, and he surprised me in the Pettis fight, but like you said, this is too much too soon.

6zaffa.gif

Haha, jk Seoul. But really, I'm sure Pettis learned a lot from that loss. He's still got one of the brightest futures out of all the prospects I can think of. Kid is a beast.

Nah, you got it. I'm a salty crybaby and I want to see Bruce Leeroy lose solely because he beat Baby Pettis. :icon_lol:

Caceres is a decent fighter and seems to be improving, but Faber would blast through him without breaking a sweat. Faber beats pretty much everyone who isn't champion caliber.

Since it seems like everyone is in agreement Faber decimates Caceres, what are some alternative match ups you'd like to see for both guys?

Wow, that's two of my fav. BWs right there.

I think it's not a matchup that's very winnable for Caceres but just being competitive with non-title bout Faber would raise his stock. It could be a great fight if it hits the ground.

Faber just so experienced, creative, and physically strong that it'd be a really stiff test for Alex.

Since it seems like everyone is in agreement Faber decimates Caceres, what are some alternative match ups you'd like to see for both guys?

(As long as Wineland's job isn't on the line) Faber/Wineland II

Caceres vs Mizugaki/Rivera winner.

How about Alex fights the winner of Caraway vs. Erik Perez?

Faber should perhaps fight the winner of Mizugaki vs. Rivera.

Gave him the fight, a lose to Faber is no lose situation for him, and faber want to beggin his new winning streak towards the title

No! Faber would do bad things to him.

Faber vs. Cruz 3

Caceres vs Caraway

Alex has balls no doubt but Faber is light years ahead of him

Back