Alex Caceres Double Punch Technique

It's found in other martial arts too like taekwondo, and karate.

Google "karate yamazuki "(Yama zuki) or u punch. It has several different uses. It's coolest uses in my opinion isnt even as a punch, but as an escape from an enemy grabbing your back. I'll have to share videos when I have the time.
thanks, man, I´ll take a look.

I like the guy. I don't give a shit about anybody else. He's entertaining and at least he can do an in octagon interview without a translator. Those interviews generally suck. Especially with Anik.

People bitch about cookie cutter personalities and no young stars etc. But all most people do is bitch about these young fighters. Quite the hypocritical lot in here at times. Not everybody of course, but more than enough.

And I'm sorry, but if Amanda Nunes can headline 200... Bruce Leeroy can headline a free scrap from Utah, or wherever it is this weekend.

I see your point, but it´s quite the opposite in my opinion.... Well, if you think in terms of exposing yourself, almost every move you make will have you exposed or not depending how you use it(kicks you can get taken down or grabbed and tripped, punches you can get countered, etc)....in that move Carcerez did, your head should stay between both of your arms if you throw them correctly, so they´re not exposed from what I see, and that move covers a great space, so the guy is either taking the blow or he needs to move out of the way, which will make it very hard to counter (not like those counters where you bob and weave but stay in place for the counter). It all depends, you CAN use it without fully engaged mode (just like a punch or a kick, there are several ways you can do that move, full engage mode or not). What do you think?

You are 100% right in the sense all moves have a counter.

The issue is that some striking techniques have better prospects of disengaging or defensive countermeasures.

Kicks that involve spinning while being effective if they land don't have the same risk vs reward of a non spinning kick.

Harder to land take more energy as well as expose you more if you don't land.

With the double punch I feel it's even more risky compared to the reward of using it.

A spinning kick is devastating when it lands so fighters justify the risk.

I just don't justify the double punch technique to warrant using it in all but very rare circumstances.( I think all techniques have there place but not all are bread and butter)

DA FUQ?

That was amateur, you wanna know who did this like a master?

Like a sifu?

GrandMaster Sensei?

Gus knows

Gus Remembers

Gus has nightmares

gus%2Bkd.gif

You cannot generate any sort of real power with that sort of technique. You can't rotate your hips. It's almost worthless...

You cannot generate any sort of real power with that sort of technique. You can't rotate your hips. It's almost worthless...
real power...
gus%2Bkd.gif

Enough power to drop a Viking.

Don't tell me a double stockton slap wouldn't look cool!

Nah, it's the one hand and making the face turn away that really makes it.

Two hands wouldn't make their face turn, it'd just look like a love tap.
ku-medium.gif

Seichi Ikemoto was the pioneer of double punches in MMA

That's useless, at best this confuses your opponent a bit. Kind of like everything Bruce Lee Roy does, he is a funny character and has evolved alot since TUF but he still clearly lacks skill

it is cool but leaves you open to attack, you would be totally exposed

real power...
gus%2Bkd.gif

Enough power to drop a Viking.

yeah that was a one arm punch, which does allow you to generate power. I was referring to using two hands at the same time to punch. If you punch with two arms at the same time you cannot create any sort of power.

I like Caceres. He's fun to watch. That being said he seems to have like zero chance against Yair. If Rivera was able to put him down, Yair can do the same. Except it'll probably be with a flying spinning back elbow or some shit, not a punch.

Back