News Aleksei Oleinik vs. Serghei Spivac added to UFC Fight Night on June 19

Aleksei Oleinik vs. Serghei Spivac

• Total voters

Kryptt

⭍ Dead Belt⭍
Platinum Member
Reaction score

aleksei-oleinik-ufc-246-e1597603720769.jpg

Aleksei Oleinik will look to snap his losing skid against a hungry contender.

Oleinik (59-15-1 MMA, 8-6 UFC) meets Serghei Spivac (12-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC) at the UFC’s Fight Night event June 19. The card doesn’t currently have a publicly known location or venue.

Spivac confirmed the matchup on his Instagram after an initial report from Vestnik MMA.

The 43-year-old Oleinik will look to rebound when he takes on another young prospect in the heavyweight division. After scoring back-to-back wins over Maurice Greene and former UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum, Oleinik has been stopped in his past two outings by Derrick Lewis and Chris Daukaus.

SYrZmr.gif

Moldova-born Spivac has won three of his past four and is coming off two straight wins over Carlos Felipe and, most recently, a second-round finish of Jared Vanderaa in February. The 26-year-old has finished all but one of his 12 pro wins.

1420496245Spivak.jpg

I haven’t been that impressed with Spivak. I think the old vet has enough tricks up his sleeve to pull out a submission.

aleksei-oleinik-ufc-246-e1597603720769.jpg

Aleksei Oleinik will look to snap his losing skid against a hungry contender.

Oleinik (59-15-1 MMA, 8-6 UFC) meets Serghei Spivac (12-2 MMA, 3-2 UFC) at the UFC’s Fight Night event June 19. The card doesn’t currently have a publicly known location or venue.

Spivac confirmed the matchup on his Instagram after an initial report from Vestnik MMA.

The 43-year-old Oleinik will look to rebound when he takes on another young prospect in the heavyweight division. After scoring back-to-back wins over Maurice Greene and former UFC heavyweight champion Fabricio Werdum, Oleinik has been stopped in his past two outings by Derrick Lewis and Chris Daukaus.

SYrZmr.gif

Moldova-born Spivac has won three of his past four and is coming off two straight wins over Carlos Felipe and, most recently, a second-round finish of Jared Vanderaa in February. The 26-year-old has finished all but one of his 12 pro wins.

Polar Bear only because he is young and has better gas tank, not because of skills though. Younger Oleinik murders Spivak!

Just imagine Oleiniy fought more than 75 times in his career! Holly fucking schmuck!

Last edited:
While i like Oleinik hes looked like an absolute zombie on the feet the last couple of fights, he needs to take his opponents down ASAP if he wants to keep winning.

I don’t know much about Spivak, but Oleinik has the very worst striking in all of MMA (WMMA not included).

He is a great grappler, but barely qualifies as a fighter. How he doesn’t get KO’d at the very start of every fight speaks volumes for the inability of the HWA division

I don't like this match-up.

I don’t know much about Spivak, but Oleinik has the very worst striking in all of MMA (WMMA not included).

He is a great grappler, but barely qualifies as a fighter. How he doesn’t get KO’d at the very start of every fight speaks volumes for the inability of the HWA division

He's definitely awkward, but I don't know about the worst. He has power, at least.

Polar Bear only because he is young and has better gas tank, not because of skills though. Younger Oleinik murders Spivak!

Just imagine Oleiniy fought more than 75 times in his career! Holly fucking schmuck!
like 90% of those happened as we has working full time as Lawyer, he then quit his job because making money wasn't as fun as fighting and didn't seem to lead him to self actualize as he had hoped.

Ex-USSR vs. Ex-USSR fight, tensions will rise

lmao, I think Oleynik should retire soon

I actually really dig this fight. Olenik is getting up there in age. Hope he gets the W. But I enjoy both guys styles. Hopeful for a great fight!

I don't trust Oleinik against anyone who can bang anymore but Spivac is essentially a full-on grappler with basic striking and no power. Oleinik, submission, 1st round.

Back