Aleksander Kralin Vs. Masahiko Kimura

kata guruma

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
amazing fight between two of the greatest grapplers of all time. both the best in their respective martial art. i give it to kimura. though he is the smaller man he was still freakishly strong and had submissions.

he was the smaller man by an order of about 100lbs...karelin would tear him to pieces.

Yeah Karelin was not jsut huge it was all muscle

I have said it before he could have killed Royce

Are you actually quoting wikipedia to back up your argument? Especially an unsourced comment? I'm not saying that Karelin didn't study Judo or Sambo, I have no idea because I know virtually nothing about the man... but quoting wikipedia as a source of information during any argument is not exactly going to win you points.

I have tremendous respect for Kimura, but I think Karelin eats his lunch 9 out of 10 times.

I love wikipedia chains.

karelin -> work -> shoot -> sandbag

Sandbag
to not cooperate with a throw and to act as dead weight, which makes the moves the wrestler is attempting much harder, if not impossible to pull off.[1] It's usually done in protest to something that the wrestler performing the move has done incorrectly earlier in the match, such as not protecting his/her opponent or working stiff. An example of sandbagging is from WWE, where in a match with Brock Lesnar and Hardcore Holly, Holly sandbagged a powerbomb from Brock Lesnar, resulting in Holly's neck breaking when he was put down.

Could karelin have taken fedor in an mma match? This dude seems godly.

Could karelin have taken fedor in an mma match? This dude seems godly.

Depends on how well Karelin picked up striking. Versus Fedor the size gap he enjoys over Kimura would be diminished, so the skill differential would play a bigger part.

Assuming equal grappling (questionable, since we only know for certain that Karelin was a sick G-R Wrestler and we know Fedor pretty much does it all) I think Fedor's boxing would win him the day.

It would be close though, extremely close.

Karelin is one of the most physicaly gifted, intimidating, and imposing athletes i have ever seen. Just a huge man with incredible power and athleticism.

It would be kind of like watching Lesnar fight Frank Mir, except an 80 pounds lighter version of Frank Mir.

Kimura was about 5'6 185 pounds in his prime. Karelin is like 280. It would be like Brock Lesnar against Yoshihiro Akiyama.

Kimura was about 5'6 185 pounds in his prime. Karelin is like 280. It would be like Brock Lesnar against Yoshihiro Akiyama.

I thought Karelin was heavier than that. i thought he was north of 300 lbs.

LOL Brock Lesnar can't handle the sexiness.

Am I doing it right?

I'd go with Kimura. Physical beast and "studying judo and sambo extensively" doesn't put you in the same ball-park as one of the greatest submission artists of all time.

He'd....kimura him.

I have tremendous respect for Kimura, but I think Karelin eats his lunch 9 out of 10 times.

Karelin eats his lunch 10 out of 10 times. And 10 out of 10 times, Kimura kimura's him in retribution.

The only way Karelin could beat Kimura is by KO'ing him with a slam. Kimura, on the other had, knows a gillion submissions--rough estimate--and has the strength, speed and dynamism to apply them to anyone south of Superman.

Back