Aldo's only chance to beat Notorious C. McG

Degen Gambler

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Is his leg kicks. If Aldo can't chop Conor's leg out he is going to get the shit beat out of him. I just don't see any other way he wins. He isn't going to wrestle McG and he isn't going to outbox him. Conor's straight left is going to be landing consistently and doing damage.

Well, Aldo would be the best offensive grappler Conor has ever fough. KZ was giving him headaches on the feet with his unorthodox style, so Aldo proceeded to start putting him on his back. Much like KZ, McGregor is a southpaw which makes leg kicks a bit harder to utilize. If he has problems with Conor on the feet in the early goings, I would expect him to start going for the takedown.

I would expect Aldos footwork to be good enough to deal with Conors boxing. That being said, I have no doubt that Aldo will look to take advantage of Conors often flat-footed stance with leg kicks, but only relying on them would not be a sound strategy.

ofcourse he will destroy that legs. why not?
also he is too fast for conor, when he gets inside it will be a hard time for conor
he can also take him down and submit him

jose-aldo-double-flying-knee-cub-swanson.gif

Well, Aldo would be the best offensive grappler Conor has ever fough. KZ was giving him headaches on the feet with his unorthodox style, so Aldo proceeded to start putting him on his back. Much like KZ, McGregor is a southpaw which makes leg kicks a bit harder to utilize. If he has problems with Conor on the feet in the early goings, I would expect him to start going for the takedown.

More likely because Aldo was without a foot fighting Korean.

Why are people actng like Conor is a tough match up for Aldo. A tough match up for Aldo is a great wrestler with cardio for days who has good striking (Mendes). Jose hasn't kicked a lot lately cuz he has been fighting wrestlers almost exclusively. With the stance Conor has, he'll be eating kicks getting taken down and what not... Long story short - Aldo by whatever he wants.

Aldo has an exceptional arsenal of finishing techniques and methods for destroying his opponents. Do does McGregor. Can't wait to watch this fight...gunna be huge!

Siver chopped Conor's legs out from under him twice. I don't think that Aldo will have more trouble with leg kicks.

Conor has better leg kicks at a greater range. Next

Is his leg kicks. If Aldo can't chop Conor's leg out he is going to get the shit beat out of him. I just don't see any other way he wins. He isn't going to wrestle McG and he isn't going to outbox him. Conor's straight left is going to be landing consistently and doing damage.

You don't even believe what you just said.

For all the hype around Conor, he still hasn't beaten any top guys yet.

I like connor alot and would love for him to win, but has anyone else notice that he doesnt have the best head movement? I think he leaves his hands low alot.

lol, Jose Aldo hasn't finished ANYONE in a LONG time ... he ain't finishing McGregor ... McGregor is going to take him apart emphatically ... It's so clear to see, Aldo is probably going to fake some injuries .... just watch.

Conor's straight left is going to be landing consistently and doing damage.
In tandem with his arsenal of kicks, I see Aldo outworking him with the hands. Aldo is a superbly crisp, quick, accurate, and powerful striker, who comes forward quite a bit in his fights. He also has a solid chin and good head movement when on his game. McGregor can and will certainly land, but I don't see him walking through Aldo in any way, on the feet.

Aldo continues his reign.

lol, Jose Aldo hasn't finished ANYONE in a LONG time ... he ain't finishing McGregor ... McGregor is going to take him apart emphatically ... It's so clear to see, Aldo is probably going to fake some injuries .... just watch.

Want ot acc bet on how the fight is gonna go down?

It isn't going to be a walk in the park for Aldo, Conor is showing that he can bounce up from a takedown and is fairly accurate with striking.

That said, Aldo is faster and most likely will not have to worry about takedowns so he should be able to win the stand up war. Oh yes and those nasty (Faber) leg kicks. As soon as he lands a few, Conor's mobility will be hindered.

Back